alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

I understand where you are coming from, but the idea of this game is survival.  It would be better to have the difficulty of finding the specific type of ammo for the firearm you currently have.  Yes it would be hard, but it would expand the idea of survival greatly.

Sorry for the double post, just saw this.  I guess I never thought of it quite this way Alexei, it would indeed add to the survival elements and possibly reduce Player KoS Trolling since specific ammo would be harder to find.  I think I could probably come around to this kind of thinking, I just still say we don't need to go crazy and have 25+ ammo types (not that that is what you're saying, but if we took every weapon suggestion on the forums, it could get there).  10-15 would still be fine IMO, and would offer a lot of variety in weapons that could be put in the game.

Vintorez FTW!

Edit: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. led me to this game  :lol:

Haha, VSS Vintorez hell yes! STALKER is an okay game, that is if you are interested greatly in the events that took place in Chernobyl.. but to a more extreme measure in the game itself lol

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Mostly good, but heres a few that aren't quite fitting.

First, the area this game takes place in isn't the Russian Federation, so the MP-443, kipris PP-2000, PP-19, and OTs-33 which (execpt the MP) are virtaully only used by Russian special forces wouldn't be there. They are overly used in games like BF and CoD, increasing belief that they are standard issue.

Second: the OTs-33 isn't near as common as the cooler APS. The PKP is only used (limitedly) by the Russian Federation, and the older PKM is more prevalent there and elsewhere.

Third: PTRS? No. Long rendered obsolete, finding one outside a museum, let alone in working order, would be a 1/10000000. There may he a few PTRDs left, but none are used by any military force. Any surviving are in Afghanistan or Africa. 

FYI: Contrary to CoD, PTRS/D rifles cannot mount ANY optics without modification.

Fourth: finding some rare (Again, over-used in CoD) gun like the UMP-45 is virtually impossible in eastern Europe. Keep the guns old/civilian.

Pretty much everything else is great choices though!

I recommend researching Chernarus on the ArmA website before making these threads though.

I did read more about Chernarus on the wiki and it used to be part of the former Soviet Union until it broke away, much like Ukraine and other countries that were hopelessly devoured by the Soviet Union.  The weapons you listed in your first point actually do make some sense to add into this game because if the Soviet Union dissolved, then the Russian Federation would of emerged.  In the original MOD version of Dayz, it features a Bizon PP-19 Sub Machine Gun, leading me to believe that the Russian Federation did exist and it caused me to add more of these Russian Federation made firearms.  Some of the firearms listed are overused in most video games, but they would be an excellent addition to this game instead of the games whose creators know nothing about firearms and just copy the description of the gun they right off the wikipedia page.  I agree with your second point when you said that the OTS is not as common as the APS, however the APS was a very unreliable automatic handgun.  It was designed to protect artillery crews in case they needed defense from the enemy up close.  The APS served its purpose, but it gave the carrier to much recoil because of its design, yes i know it could be fitted with a stock.  The OTS is basically the modern version of the Stichkin APS Automatic Handgun, making it a better choice than the APS.  I MAY consider adding the APS to the sidearms.  Your third point i agree entirely.. i seriously do not know what i was thinking to be honest when i added it lol.  I think i may of posted it more of a personal want because i do have a passion for the PTRS-41 in real life, (hoping to get my hands on one of these someday! :)), but i will take it down due the caliber being severely outdated by the new .50 BMG caliber used in almost all Anti-Material rifles today.  I will take down the UMP-45 and replace it with another Sub Machine Gun most likely.  You are absolutely 100% correct when you said it would be extremely difficult to find one of them all the way over in Eastren Europe.  Thank you for your reply.  It actually helped my realize that im open to put a lot more firearms on this list than i originally thought. 

Sorry for the double post, just saw this.  I guess I never thought of it quite this way Alexei, it would indeed add to the survival elements and possibly reduce Player KoS Trolling since specific ammo would be harder to find.  I think I could probably come around to this kind of thinking, I just still say we don't need to go crazy and have 25+ ammo types (not that that is what you're saying, but if we took every weapon suggestion on the forums, it could get there).  10-15 would still be fine IMO, and would offer a lot of variety in weapons that could be put in the game.

Exactly.  I do agree that we do not need over 50 ammo types, but enough to make it difficult, like you said, for players.  I seriously got bored of going to a military base and collecting 3 ammo boxes full of 5.56mm for my M4A1.  I was basically a walking armory lol.  Thank you for replying.

• Like 1

Going to take a little bit of a break on this forum for about an hour to 30 minutes.  Keep up the comments and i know i haven't replied to everyone's comment just yet.  Again, thank you all for your suggestions, support, and feedback!

Though I'm not a proponent of adding many more military weapons (AK-47 Excluded >.> Love that one), there is an SMG gap that needs to be filled, and your suggestions had a few SMGs that weren't as common in games as say an MP5 would be. I like that!

>.> And that hunting rifle looks sexy.

Lol, everyone seems to love the Lobaev.  I will be filling in more SMGs, so don't worry.  I was careful not to add "COD-Like" weapons to my list.  Games like those ruined the reputation of many firearms for many games.  It basically ruins the purpose of suggesting them because of how bad those types of games portrayed them.  

Its to much, I mean often when I find a Mosin I find just 5.56 ammo. Now Imagine all those guns you find a 9mm Beretta but you cant find ammo you just find 7.62x39, 7.62.54, 45 ACP ect ect.I agree with the 1911 beacuse its the calssic, and the 50cal turret fot later cars and base defenses. 

Haha.  There is no such thing as "to much firearms", the more there are, the better  :).  Yes ammo would be difficult to find due to the massive amount of firearms that may be present in the game, but Dayz Standalone is meant to be a survival game and survival is not easy.  It is supposed to be difficult to find firearms and ammunition in this game.  

I wouldn't add the M16A2. I would add its more recent variant the M16A3. The A2 model, from my current understanding, is only used for rifle training with USMC basic training, and not for actual service.

I wouldn't add the M16A2. I would add its more recent variant the M16A3. The A2 model, from my current understanding, is only used for rifle training with USMC basic training, and not for actual service.

I have long debated that topic with myself for a while now lol.  The only reason why i had the M16A2 put up there was because the firearm was existent in the MOD version of the standalone.  I agree that the M16A3 would be a better variant to put up there so i will make the change now.  Thank you for your suggestion!

Edited by AlexeiStukov
  • Like 1

Damn.. why am i getting hungry from seeing the "You have my beans!" sign everywhere.  Lol  

I like the idea of adding more common civilian weapons like hunting rifles of various kinds and smaller caliber pistols. But adding stuff like the VSS Vintorez and other types of purpose built special forces weapons just doesn't really make sense to me. I mean why would any unit be equipped with such a weapon in a place like Chernarus? The same thing applies to military/police sub-machine guns, why would you bring it there in the first place?

I'm not whining about your list, it's good, but just think about if you'd actually find some of the weapons in any realistic scenario? Think about a place like Chernarus, why would you find a weapon like PP-2000 there?

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see some more weapons, but not a complete arsenal of obscure weapons no one would even think about equipping even the most special of special forces units in a place like Chernarus.

I'm not bitching about the VSS in particular, just as an example. 

I personally would like to see the firearms not to be in focus rather than the survival aspect because I think it just ruins the gameplay if everywhere you look there's a guy(or gal) with a LMG or 12.7mm AMR running around.

• Like 1

No PKP, PKM is more appropriate, older, use by CDF and more common.

No PP2000 or Bizon, wayyyyyy to new and rare, (Barely anyone uses these guns outside of russian police, MVD/OMON and special forces)

Of course add AKM to list, always needed.

Other suggestions:  Saiga M semi-auto rifle, fairly commen rifle in Russia, up there with the Tigr really, would fit great in Chernarus (close to russia, large woodland so lots of hunters, these are hunting rifles) http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/product/saiga.shtml

And TIgr, similar to SVD, this or SVD would fit although I would prefer the tigr as it would be more commen than the SVD (SVD = military base and airfield only, Tigr = barns, hunting stands and some houses)

I like the idea of adding more common civilian weapons like hunting rifles of various kinds and smaller caliber pistols. But adding stuff like the VSS Vintorez and other types of purpose built special forces weapons just doesn't really make sense to me. I mean why would any unit be equipped with such a weapon in a place like Chernarus? The same thing applies to military/police sub-machine guns, why would you bring it there in the first place?

I'm not whining about your list, it's good, but just think about if you'd actually find some of the weapons in any realistic scenario? Think about a place like Chernarus, why would you find a weapon like PP-2000 there?

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see some more weapons, but not a complete arsenal of obscure weapons no one would even think about equipping even the most special of special forces units in a place like Chernarus.

I'm not bitching about the VSS in particular, just as an example. 

I personally would like to see the firearms not to be in focus rather than the survival aspect because I think it just ruins the gameplay if everywhere you look there's a guy(or gal) with a LMG or 12.7mm AMR running around.

I appreciate your feedback very much.  The reason why i have these military grade weapons is because Chernarus used to be a Soviet state when the Soviet Union existed.  When the infection broke out, either the time of when Chernarus was still a Soviet state or its own independent nation, the military and police would of taken action to try and kill off the infection.  These weapons are on there mainly for that one purpose due to the police units and military units in Chernarus most likely using either the new Russian Federation firearms or the old Soviet Union firearms to issue to their law enforcement/ military.  Also, when you talked about everyone running around with an LMG, this would NEVER probably happen in Dayz because the devs would be smart enough to make a firearm such as a light machine gun so rare it would make you shit bricks if you found one.  The VSS Vintorez is a Soviet made long ranged tactical sniper rifle used by the Spetsnaz.  Chernarussian Defense Forces would of most likely incorporated several firearms of the old Spetsnaz that used to protect them.   The PP-2000 would of been used most likely by the Riot Police/ Special response teams during the early outbreak to try and combat the infection on a higher aggression level.  The reason why they would of brought them there is because they were issued to them most likely before the outbreak of the infection ever started. I have carefully chosen all of these firearms, and the VSS again would fit perfectly into the world due to the high possiblity of the Chernarussian Defense Forces having them.  In a type of situation like this, you want your military personal to have the best equipment on them when they go into combat, not arm them all with hunting rifles and small caliber pistols, and plus if no weapons like that were added then the Military Base would not make any sense to be in the game because there would of probably never been any military personal involved.  Chernarus most likely had the resources to provide its soldiers and law enforcement with the highest grade firearms out there currently.  Thank you for your reply!

Edited by AlexeiStukov
  • Like 1

No PKP, PKM is more appropriate, older, use by CDF and more common.

No PP2000 or Bizon, wayyyyyy to new and rare, (Barely anyone uses these guns outside of russian police, MVD/OMON and special forces)

Of course add AKM to list, always needed.

Other suggestions:  Saiga M semi-auto rifle, fairly commen rifle in Russia, up there with the Tigr really, would fit great in Chernarus (close to russia, large woodland so lots of hunters, these are hunting rifles) http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/product/saiga.shtml

And TIgr, similar to SVD, this or SVD would fit although I would prefer the tigr as it would be more commen than the SVD (SVD = military base and airfield only, Tigr = barns, hunting stands and some houses)

Your suggestions will be noted and thought about by me in the future.  The PKP would be a better choice because it is the modern version of the PKM, although the PKM was more common back in the Soviet Union you are correct that it would make more sense.  I could possibly add the PKM to the list of Light Machine Guns along with the PKP.  The PP-2000 and PP-19 Bizon both will remain on the list.  They would not be rare in the sense that they are still one of the standard issued sub machine guns issued to Russian police units, special forces, and other military personal. I am extremely interested in those Saiga M Rifles on that website you posted.  I will definitely consider adding that to my list when i get time.  I will consider putting the SVD on the list as well.  The AKM is basically already being added to the standalone in the next few patches, but in the more modern variant of the AK-74M, which replaced the AKM as the primary assault rifle used by Russian forces.  Thank you for your suggestions! 

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Your suggestions will be noted and thought about by me in the future.  The PKP would be a better choice because it is the modern version of the PKM, although the PKM was more common back in the Soviet Union you are correct that it would make more sense.  I could possibly add the PKM to the list of Light Machine Guns along with the PKP.  The PP-2000 and PP-19 Bizon both will remain on the list.  They would not be rare in the sense that they are standard issued still today to Russian police units, special forces, and other military personal. I am extremely interested in those Saiga M Rifles on that website you posted.  I will definitely consider adding that to my list when i get time.  I will consider putting the SVD on the list as well.  The AKM is basically already being added to the standalone in the next few patches, but in the more modern variant of the AK-74M, which replaced the AKM as the primary assault rifle used by Russian forces.  Thank you for your suggestions! 

Thank you for the reply.

The AKM is the more common version of AK-47 (same but with differently produced receiver and muzzle brake) so I guess that will be added one day after the 74m

Thank you for the reply.

The AKM is the more common version of AK-47 (same but with differently produced receiver and muzzle brake) so I guess that will be added one day after the 74m

Most likely yes, and i will agree to help you by adding it.  In the mod version there were about 5 variants of the AK-47 rifle, so i will encorporate some variants of it again.  And when i say variants i mean the AK-74, AK-74M, AKM, you know.  And you are certainly welcome my friend.

Whatever you do, do not suggest the AK-12. Just....don't.

Bow

huh-what-bow_o_288296.jpg

Enough said.

Bow has been confirmed for implementation by Dean himself (several times at that). Although, it will come after the engine revamp. Dean wants to revamp the ARMA 2.5 engine's physics to incorporate more realistic world function and correct thrown objects. Once the engine revamp is complete, the Bow will follow (in Dean's exact words) "ASAP".

Edited by Shadow134
  • Like 1

Bow

Enough said.

I have been thinking about adding bows to my list, but i will start out with the more complex part of my list being the Firearms.  I may add melee as well one day.  Thank you for the suggestion though and the picture lol

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Bow has been confirmed for implementation by Dean himself (several times at that). Although, it will come after the engine revamp. Dean wants to revamp the ARMA 2.5 engine's physics to incorporate more realistic world function and correct thrown objects. Once the engine revamp is complete, the Bow will follow (in Dean's exact words) "ASAP".

Would love to have silent weaponry like the bow.

Whatever you do, do not suggest the AK-12. Just....don't.

Oh don't worry.  Your safe here, for that gun will not be on this list, nor do i intend to ever add it.

I am quite surprised that nobody has said anything about the Saab Bofors Dynamic SMG yet.

Just becuase theres a "UK vest" doesn't mean the UK was there. 

UK could mean anything with a "U" and "K", and alot of surplus items from Western nations are sold to other militaries.

If they add more British shit, then yeah. But rn theres only a NZ beret, probably only added becuase Rocket was in the NZ army.

but it is British camo...

M16A3 isnt commonly used, only really on naval crews. The M16A4 would be a better option