alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

MGV-176 (Slovenia)
Yes, it's .22LR SMG.  ;)

3c060a4650db0cad0b0c9f2f49ee1005.jpg

MGV-176 (Slovenia)

Yes, it's .22LR SMG.  ;)

3c060a4650db0cad0b0c9f2f49ee1005.jpg

Again, please message me your suggestions from now on, its easier to keep track of.

Again, please message me your suggestions from now on, its easier to keep track of.

I've just want to share this interesting gun with the community and possibly to hear some feedback. :) 

Looks interesting, not sure how common it is though, nice to see I won the m16 debate ;) This is a very nice thread :) and liking the fact you say who suggests weapons very nice!

I've just want to share this interesting gun with the community and possibly to hear some feedback. :)

Alrighty then  :)

Trying to find suitable coloration... any ideas on what I could do?

@Br0ken, sorry If it sounded like I was being hostile towards you in my previous posts to you. Very good suggestions though! I never met any hostility to start.

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Expect to have the Light/Medium/Heavy Machine Gun poll up by Sunday (3/16/14)

The Devs have seen this forum before, confirmed from a tweet I received from Chris Torchia- Head Art Designer of Dayz Standalone.

Let's keep up the good work! By the way, if you guys would like to make some descriptions for the firearms not yet on the list I will put them in and give credit. Please follow the structure I use though.

Firearm name + caliber

First country to manufacture

Design details

Further details of firearm (other countries, attachments, caliber description, etc)

Why should it be in Dayz?

My attempts at making it eye friendly look like shit, sorry.  I will attempt to make it better tonight.

Its better, but i still think you should use spoilers, to divide the increasingly expanding wall of text :)

In two months, nobody wants to scroll through this list, if it stays like this mate, which would be a shame.

Its better, but i still think you should use spoilers, to divide the increasingly expanding wall of text :)

In two months, nobody wants to scroll through this list, if it stays like this mate, which would be a shame.

May I ask what a spoiler is and how to use one? Also would it lead you to sections of the forum? Thanks for your suggestion! :)

May I ask what a spoiler is and how to use one? Also would it lead you to sections of the forum? Thanks for your suggestion! :)

A spoiler is what i showed you in the other post :)

Basicly, it "folds" part of the topic, so its much much easier on the eyes.

Example: (Just a quick mockup)

Sidearms:

Colt M1911 Semi Automatic Pistol (.45 ACP): Manufactured in the United States, It was the standard issued firearm of American Soldiers during World War 2, and was shared with other allied nations. One of them happened to be the Soviet Union, but the M1911 was very limited among the Soviets. The gun is a beautiful American Classic. This gun should be added because even though it was replaced by the Berreta M92FS, some soldiers in the U.S. Armed Forces still carry these as their choice of sidearm. If the Americans were involved in the story then this firearm would of most likely been present or it would of been a left over of World War 2.

IMAGE: http://i828.photobuc...2garevolver.jpg

Molat Bekas-M Shotgun (12 or 16 Gauge Pump Action): Manufactured in the Russian Federation, it is a series of shotguns that were designed to be mainly a hunting and self defense type weapon. The shotgun features a classic design with consistent quality, with the availability of low priced sets and two barrels. The two most popular shotguns produced were the Bekas-12M, which features a pistol grip instead of a walnut stock and a 535mm barrel. The second shotgun being the Bekas 12M with a 720mm barrel for greater accuracy and range. Most models had a walnut stock and forearm, which gave it its classic design. These would make perfect sense to add to Dayz due to the fact that they are hunting shotguns that were first mass produced during 1999. If they were added and chambered in 16 Gauge, it would add a whole new world of pain to living things in the game.

IMAGE (720mm Barrel Bekas): http://upload.wikime...-02_shotgun.jpg

IMAGE (Pistol Grip Bekas): http://upload.wikime...ekas-12M-04.jpg

So basicly you can wrap the text into a spoiler tag with this code:

[spoiler] PUT TEXT HERE [/spoiler]

And it will show up like it does in the example i made :) Quite usefull for "giant wall of text" posts, make it so much easier to find your way around.

The function is kinda hidden on these forums, which is very bad tbh, but codes always work anyway ;)

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 2

A spoiler is what i showed you in the other post :)

Basicly, it "folds" part of the topic, so its much much easier on the eyes.

Example: (Just a quick mockup)

Sidearms:

Colt M1911 Semi Automatic Pistol (.45 ACP): Manufactured in the United States, It was the standard issued firearm of American Soldiers during World War 2, and was shared with other allied nations. One of them happened to be the Soviet Union, but the M1911 was very limited among the Soviets. The gun is a beautiful American Classic. This gun should be added because even though it was replaced by the Berreta M92FS, some soldiers in the U.S. Armed Forces still carry these as their choice of sidearm. If the Americans were involved in the story then this firearm would of most likely been present or it would of been a left over of World War 2.

IMAGE: http://i828.photobuc...2garevolver.jpg

Molat Bekas-M Shotgun (12 or 16 Gauge Pump Action): Manufactured in the Russian Federation, it is a series of shotguns that were designed to be mainly a hunting and self defense type weapon. The shotgun features a classic design with consistent quality, with the availability of low priced sets and two barrels. The two most popular shotguns produced were the Bekas-12M, which features a pistol grip instead of a walnut stock and a 535mm barrel. The second shotgun being the Bekas 12M with a 720mm barrel for greater accuracy and range. Most models had a walnut stock and forearm, which gave it its classic design. These would make perfect sense to add to Dayz due to the fact that they are hunting shotguns that were first mass produced during 1999. If they were added and chambered in 16 Gauge, it would add a whole new world of pain to living things in the game.

IMAGE (720mm Barrel Bekas): http://upload.wikime...-02_shotgun.jpg

IMAGE (Pistol Grip Bekas): http://upload.wikime...ekas-12M-04.jpg

So basicly you can wrap the text into a spoiler tag with this code:

[spoiler] PUT TEXT HERE [/spoiler]
And it will show up like it does in the example i made :) Quite usefull for "giant wall of text" posts, make it so much easier to find your way around.

The function is kinda hidden on these forums, which is very bad tbh, but codes always work anyway ;)

You just helped this forum out so much. God Bless you!

• Like 1

You just helped this forum out so much. God Bless you!

Glad i could help :)

Im just thinking about the list in a couple of months hehe, its gonna be quite big, so using spoilers and colors are a very nice way of doing this.

Now, you can have spoilers inside spoilers, but it might be to much hehe, just wanted to mention it ;)

German MGs I don't think would match but I am adding the British L85A2 Assault Rifle. RPD is a possibility and the RPK is coming soon to the list :)

Starting to see all the shotguns getting into the green zone now.

Sorry for double post

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Sorry for triple post

Edited by AlexeiStukov

German MGs I don't think would match but I am adding the British L85A2 Assault Rifle. RPD is a possibility and the RPK is coming soon to the list :)

I think as a general thing german forces shouold be included as American, British and Russian are, this would increase plausibility for G36s, G3s, MG3s etc.

Just a small suggestion - add the M4, the semi/burst version of the M4A1, make it more common than the M4A1 just for a bit of variety as it would give carbine users something to aim for (getting the M4A1) and i'm sure it's just a config change.

Expect to have the Light/Medium/Heavy Machine Gun poll up by Sunday (3/16/14)

will you have the DP-28 on there?

will you have the DP-28 on there?

Not entirely sure how on rare the gun would be in the current time that Chernarus is set in. I will look into it though

Just a small suggestion - add the M4, the semi/burst version of the M4A1, make it more common than the M4A1 just for a bit of variety as it would give carbine users something to aim for (getting the M4A1) and i'm sure it's just a config change.

Hmm..  it would confuse most players though.  Their names bear a very close resemblance of one another.  I will see though

Plans for today:

*Organize all information into spoilers

Plans for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday:

*Finish Light/Medium/Heavy Machine Guns

*Put poll up for L/M/H MGs on Saturday

* Give credit to forum creators

*Update weapons to be added list

Some of the things that are coming soon! God Bless! :)