Sign in to follow this  
Capo

Kitchen knife with gutting ability

Hey guys, i dunno if this has been thought over already by the devs. 

So we're getting the hunting knife in the next patch (I think), and we already have the kitchen knife. 

I don't know for sure, but it seems like the plan is for the hunting knife is going to be the only item capable of gutting an animal. Now I haven't gutted an animal myself before, but wouldn't a kitchen knife be able to do the job aswell? albeit less efficiently. So would it make sense for the kitchen knife to be for the hunting knife, what the screwdriver is for the can opener? 

meaning, kitchen knife can gut an animal, but you lose some of the food you would have gotten. It might be in the works anyway, but I thought I'd suggest it just in case, at the moment things like screwdrivers, kitchen knives etc are pointless once you've got an axe.

also I'll end on: facial bandanas! inb4 facial bananas.  

Edited by Capo
  • Like 4

This is the kind of thinking that I like! The kind of thinking that adds some value to otherwise useless items. Have my beans.

Coming from someone who has cleaned animals without the optimal equipment I like this idea. Perhaps the condition of the knife could effect how long it takes to clean the animal.

If you try to clean a deer with a dull blade, you're gonna have a bad time. 

• Like 1

Perhaps the condition of the knife could effect how long it takes to clean the animal.

If you try to clean a deer with a dull blade, you're gonna have a bad time. 

that's a good idea, the knives condition could also affect chance to infect, with alcohol tincture and rag being used as a cleaning rag. lol might be too much, but the condition of the item you're using should definitely have an effect. 

• Like 1