Grimey Rick

FPS with the latest patch.

I've noticed something kind of strange with the reported frames per second drops since the patch hit this morning. It seems that whenever I play my hardcore character, I slowly lose frames per second until my game locks up. Reportedly, this is due to a memory leak. However, when I play my regular character, the game runs fine. My hardcore character is currently logged somewhere in the vicinity of the north-western airfield, and my regular character is currently running around between Chernogorsk and Balota. I can run into Elektrozavodsk as well without this issue recurring. I'm currently making my to the north-western airfield with my regular character to see if the issue is isolated to that area.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

since this mini patch this morning my game as frozen twice out of the four times i tried to log in,,, and my mates as frozen once this is too much of a coincidence their as to be something wrong  for sure

huge amount of lag when entering the server then lock up

since this mini patch this morning my game as frozen twice out of the four times i tried to log in,,, and my mates as frozen once this is too much of a coincidence their as to be something wrong  for sure

huge amount of lag when entering the server then lock up

Yeah, they're going to be looking into a potential memory leak on Monday. That's definitely what it seems like. I'm just wondering whether or not said memory leak is somehow tied to certain areas of the map.

According to some info I found on Reddit, there is some sort of memory leak!
They are considering a hotfix monday!

Edit: Oh you beat me to it! ;p

Edited by Rudette

I've noticed something kind of strange with the reported frames per second drops since the patch hit this morning. It seems that whenever I play my hardcore character, I slowly lose frames per second until my game locks up. Reportedly, this is due to a memory leak. However, when I play my regular character, the game runs fine. My hardcore character is currently logged somewhere in the vicinity of the north-western airfield, and my regular character is currently running around between Chernogorsk and Balota. I can run into Elektrozavodsk as well without this issue recurring. I'm currently making my to the north-western airfield with my regular character to see if the issue is isolated to that area.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I am having this issue with my regular character trying to run accross a hill in trees between Elektro and Cherno so it isn't just hardcore and/or the NW airfield unfortunately. It's a pretty bad memory leak they plan to address Monday so there goes my DayZ weekend :(

Ok guys here is a solution of this Problem!
(at first sorry for my bad english ;) )

Me and my clan g4m3.eu tried out diffrent things to find the reason for this problem. There are some items which has a buggy textrue. They are looking like the items in the picture in the appendix. if these items are lying on the ground and you will approach your fps will drop down! only if you move away from the point where they are lying your frames will go up again.

The same happens if there is a guy who carries items like that with him. if he is in the near of you, your frames drops and if he will go away the frames go up again.

So get them out of your inventory and run ;)

hope the developer will fix it as soon as possible!

photo-176-b5c8ebb7.jpg