Sign in to follow this  
cejota14

Women Clothes

THE OPINION

Hello everyone, I've been playing DayZ since the mod and I bought the game 5 days ago, I've been playing quite a lot and I can't help notice the amount of male focused clothing in the game. I know is unisex, but let's be honest, most of it are perfect for a guy. There should be a fitted-practical option to us

I know this is an apocalyptic scenario, but even we would use skirts and boots and such, like this:

post-193718-0-00544700-1391805545_thumb.

THE EXAMPLES

Taking inspiration from other games, I think these outfits would be pretty nice and acurrate to the game

post-193718-0-88879200-1391805539_thumb.

post-193718-0-94736200-1391805545_thumb.

post-193718-0-29180600-1391805544_thumb. (I personally hate WarZ but these clothing models are great)

post-193718-0-32973500-1391805543_thumb.

post-193718-0-13312300-1391805559_thumb.

post-193718-0-99901100-1391806497_thumb. (This is not a game, but still looks pretty good and accurrate)

THE POINT

Obviously, this should include only fitted clothing, 'cause let's be honest, nobody would survive in Chernarus like this.

There are more ideas and pictures, but these are the only ones I can upload, and the idea is to (after the important things have been dealt with) add some more female friendly clothing to the game, only female characters would be able to wear these and would add to the realism.

• Like 21

Sorry but...

I don't want this game to turn into a typical "Women are nothing but eye candy" game.

Realistically, any women would grab cargo pants and a hoody over a pair of shorts.  :)

I think they should make it realistic, anybody is gonna grab what's useful.

(Except for me, ORANGE raincoat mustard race!)

Edited by Geckofrog7
  • Like 8

Well,i like the idea,but as long as we label the female clothing "special",categorise them as "accesory items" and only allow female player models to wear them or things will get messy,like seeing dudes in skirt and stockings screaming on their mics "I'm a preety princess"....It's also weird that all female models come with short hair but i think that will be fixed on the next patches.

• Like 6

Realistically, any women would grab cargo pants and a hoody over a pair of shorts.  :)

I think they should make it realistic, anybody is gonna grab what's useful.

Realistically there will be womens clothing in a post-apocalyptic world, too.

I don't really have a problem with dudes in dresses yelling "I am a little princess".

And there is a lot of clothing I wouldn't use, whats the purpose of short canvas pants other than a "vanity item"?

• Like 6

This is DayZ... this is teh story of how you die. If you want to die like a manly pretty princess in stockings, pumps, and a mini-skirt then, by god, you should be able to...

• Like 31

"When I get into a fire fight I like to swear skin tight jeans and a small tank top with a flip flop combo!"

Said no woman who has seen combat ever, or better yet any woman with an ounce of brains.

Nothing wrong with having female clothing but even if I was a woman I would not wear half of that crap in SHTF situation.

No.

• Like 2

"When I get into a fire fight I like to swear skin tight jeans and a small tank top with a flip flop combo!"

Said no woman who has seen combat ever, or better yet any woman with an ounce of brains.

Nothing wrong with having female clothing but even if I was a woman I would not wear half of that crap in SHTF situation.

No.

Well,yeah...if this was a military simulation you would have a point.But i think it's more than Arma.And in the world of Apocalupse,skirts and heels exist.

• Like 1

I approve of this idea if man can wear them 2. Equally faboules!

• Like 5

Well,yeah...if this was a military simulation you would have a point.But i think it's more than Arma.And in the world of Apocalupse,skirts and heels exist.

Alright, do we add a modifier for when someone is wearing heels then? Or do we frolick through the woods in high heels without any apparent effort because realism only goes far enough to justify pretteh?

I dislike this. The clothing on the female models looks great and appropriate for the setting. Most games suck at this, DayZ is pretty good.

• Like 2

Great, now I'm gonna get killed by pantless cannibal bandits in high heels yelling "I'M A PRETTY PRINCESS!". 

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE OP?!

Edited by Geckofrog7
  • Like 5

I never said it was a military simulator, even though it kind of is. If you want it to be realistic then lets have some draw backs.

You wear heels, then you get to break your ankle every 50m+ you run.

Sprinting results in immediate face planting.

Skirts I guess it depends whether it's long or short one either way you'll end up colder.

There's also the obvious draw back of being revealed.

Edited by Kinesis
  • Like 2

I never said it was a military simulator, even though it kind of is. If you want it to be realistic then lets have some draw backs.

Skirts I guess it depends whether it's long or short one either way you'll end up colder.

I like this idea simply because it makes sense. But we need the same for some other clothes to add some value to them.

I like this idea simply because it makes sense. But we need the same for some other clothes to add some value to them.

Well to a certain extent there already is.

If you wear the bright orange jacket and pants and backpack, you'll stick out like a sore thumb.

There is some armor in the game as well with actual protection against less powerful ammo.

But for the most part it would be nit picking with things in regards to jeans, cargo pants, slacks and what not. Except heels, those are death when SHTF.

I know right? It's stupid...yet it makes sence.Drawbacks is what this game is all about,so it would be rational at least to have them. ;)

Creating an item and giving it it's own special set of mechanics so that no one is going to wear it would be the most ridiculous waste pf resources, nothing rational about that.

Edited by refrig3raptor

OP I think you're going around it the wrong way. 

I'd rather you suggest individual clothing pieces. I think right now, feminine clothing suffers a bit from the unisex approach to modeling player clothing. Maybe because we're still early in development and emphasis is more placed on items, that can be worn by both genders and focus is primarily placed on "practical" clothing. 

I think it would be nice, if we'll see more gender appropriate clothing in the future, without turning into WarZ or Barbie doll simulator 2014. Still for a survival perspective, I feel like the examples you posted, is the type of stereotypes DayZ is trying to avoid.

Well people,beside the fun factor,and although,male players beign able to wear female clothes is realisticly suportable,it's not a good idea.I will philosophize the reason.

Gta is not Saints Row and

Dayz is not Warz

^^

What Dallas says.  I'm not sure which would be easier however - modeling some current in game clothing to have "fitted" variants (and I mean, hey, some guys like skinny jeans, don't they?) or setting it so that the clothes have a "men's" version and a "women's" version.  Honestly I think the later is kind of sexist - I know some women who prefer to wear men's clothes.  This is something that should be looked at regardless, and frankly it is no less important to a part of the player base than adding more weapons is to others.

• Like 2

I don't know about heels, long boots or the boots that are currently in game would work just fine, but some (thight, not loose) skirt and girly shirt should exist in a post apocalyptic world. I don't mind seeing men wearing girl's clothing either, but I think that would kill some of the realism. Anyway, this is just an idea...there's a lot of women who play DayZ and would be nice to actually feel like a female survivor and not a skinny male with a pony tail

• Like 7

There's been talk about using horses as transportation in the future, maybe also some riding clothing and even riding helmets for protection. 

I love this idea!! Women characters look weird and sometimes I can't even tell if they are women, If clothing is actually unisex, they could just add skirts and such only for women and making new models for skinny jeans and make them unisex as well...but I do think there should be "women only" clothing. Seeing a guy like THIS would be disturbing

attachicon.gifACR0817.jpg                                                        This outfit definetely looks like regular clothes, so it should be available in-game

attachicon.gifimages (2).jpg                                       This looks like when you currently find a hoodie or a raincoat, so it looks like its equivalent

attachicon.gifimages.jpg                                                            wow, they look hot, but also, with fitted clothes they look like actual survivors

attachicon.gifClaire_Redfiel_Degeneration_Tabber.png                             This looks like camping, I'll say "YES" :)

attachicon.gifm_eacute_talleuse2_web_by_tonton_jojo-d63ogc1.jpg                   Yes sir, pretty much like the WarZ girls

attachicon.gifnordstrom-Free-People-Denim--Knit-Jacket_224813.jpg                       Looks like she dressed in a hurry. I approve this 

Edited by CJ14
  • Like 1

I never talked about heels, and I don't approve that (if they are in some picture I apologize) heels would be horrible and unrealistic, belive ME! but still...for skirt I'm 100% in, use Jill Valentine from Resident Evil 3 game, that kind of skirt can be used to run. And thinking it shouldn't be in game because it can reveal, then let's get rid of berets and hats for not protecting and let's keep the helmets only...right?

• Like 3

Seeing a guy like THIS would be disturbing

What are you talking about? That guy looks like he's ready to kill all the zombies on the island.

OP, yes to skirts and leggings and shit. In fact, some men wear leggings anyway IRL for the warmth, and you can pass off a skirt on a man as humourous pretty-princess behaviour. But a flat out NO NO NO to heels.
Seriously, NO NO NO.
Seriously,
no.
NO, Seriously,
NO.

• Like 1

I love this idea!! Women characters look weird and sometimes I can't even tell if they are women, If clothing is actually unisex, they could just add skirts and such only for women and making new models for skinny jeans and make them unisex as well...but I do think there should be "women only" clothing. Seeing a guy like THIS would be disturbing

attachicon.gifACR0817.jpg                                                        This outfit definetely looks like regular clothes, so it should be available in-game

attachicon.gifimages (2).jpg                                       This looks like when you currently find a hoodie or a raincoat, so it looks like its equivalent

attachicon.gifimages.jpg                                                            wow, they look hot, but also, with fitted clothes they look like actual survivors

attachicon.gifClaire_Redfiel_Degeneration_Tabber.png                             This looks like camping, I'll say "YES" :)

attachicon.gifm_eacute_talleuse2_web_by_tonton_jojo-d63ogc1.jpg                   Yes sir, pretty much like the WarZ girls

attachicon.gifnordstrom-Free-People-Denim--Knit-Jacket_224813.jpg                       Looks like she dressed in a hurry. I approve this 

Exactly my point :)