3ankoosh

0.34 patch Freeze in change server window

This is a very, very annoying bug.

ok it all started yesterday when i changed the beta testing on steam to experimental to try out the 0.34 patch, i opened the game and it loaded fine, the main menu loaded fine, i clicked on "change server" and it loaded, but no servers load up.. but thats not the problem, when i click anything like filter, lan, remote or even cancel the game freezes and never returns. After some time when i alt+tab i get the not responding window and i click close, but it never does, it still runs in the task manager and i tried closing it using the process window but i get the error "operation cannot be complete, access is denied". the only way to stop it from running is to restart the Pc.

after that i switched back to the normal game instead of the experimental thinking that its a bug and people aren't supposed to play on it atm and the normal 0.33 worked fine. however, now that the game is running on 0.34 i keep getting this same freeze and always open until i restart.

i tried verifying the game cache and still nothing.

I deleted DayZ from my steam games, uninstalled it completely from my computer, deleted any file connected to DayZ and restarted the computer to make sure everything was gone. I then downloaded the client again and installed it.

Still will not close. I still get frozen at the "change server" window, also when I quit the game and it continues to run. It doesn't use CPU, but it reserves a TON of RAM. This makes playing any other game nearly impossible without restarting my computer.

i dont think it has anything to do with my computer because it was just running fine on the earlier patch.

Please address this soon, thank you.

• Like 1

I've got exactly the same symptoms since the 0.34 patch. It's annoying that you can't even shut down the game via task manager or the windows console. Something really got messed up. 

• Like 1

i removed all the game folders i got in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common and copied them to the desktop, reinstalled steam, and the copied them back to the common folder and the game seems to work fine now, i seriously dont know how but i guess it was something to do with steam itself... try it out and it might work for you

i removed all the game folders i got in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common and copied them to the desktop, reinstalled steam, and the copied them back to the common folder and the game seems to work fine now, i seriously dont know how but i guess it was something to do with steam itself... try it out and it might work for you

Tried this too, but no succes. Still the same symptoms. :(