Dreypa

The Lag is Real

What's funny is the lag / FPS dips seem to happen to everyone on the server at the same time. Not always syncronized, but for the most part.

My friend has a Titan in his rig, as well as the best i7, tons of RAM and everything else you could basically throw your money away on, and when I start to drop to 10 FPS, he is also dropping to near unplayable levels.

Obviously I'm not going to throw a fit as this is an alpha and I expect this, but I sure hope they trouble shoot it ASAP, because whatever they did is causing a LOT of people to be unable to play.

Sorry to be contrary but my fps increased quite significantly with today's patch. Just played for just short of an hour and have seen nothing but a stable 45+ fps.

So, I am wondering if it is different between hardcore and regular servers.  I was having a really bad lag issue in hardcore, but when using my character in regular, no issues.

I also didn't have an issue on the night servers, as others have said.

Before Wednesdays update, I could not play at all due to 10-15 fps in cities and about 25 in the woods. When .033 came out, I gained an additional 5-7 fps and the change is very noticeable. However, I am playing on an old pc, and all of my settings are either very low or disabled. 

Sorry to be contrary but my fps increased quite significantly with today's patch. Just played for just short of an hour and have seen nothing but a stable 45+ fps.

What are your system specs ; have you altered anything in your config files?

And are you playing on a day server?

Hello there

A FAR FAR FAR better idea would be to put it in the bug tracker.

Discuss it here by all means, but if you want something done, report it the right way.

"Same Here" is not a discussion.

Discuss or I'll close.

Rgds

LoK

thats too much like thinking.

It's the same for everyone on the server when it lags, every lag spike happens to everyone so no one is at a disadvantage. However the game is currently unplayable.

The game is still being optimized and some patches can make your performance better or worse. It will end in the better category once they've done more optimizing. Also, I suggest you give more info on your PC next time. Your GPU is just one of the things that affects the performance of the game, and in my opinion that probably isn't a popular one. Bridging 2 video cards is somewhat useless, especially top end ones. Most video games aren't made to take advantage of it.

I use 3 Nvidia cards in SLI and my GPUs are being utilized 100% each, with a double FPS increase or more. you have to the profile though.

Here is the instructions I used, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=205916418#  you can save the profile and reapply it after driver updates..

this was before patch 0.34.115106

My issue issue with 0.34.115106 is FPS loss:

I start the game with about 60-100FPS like normal, then gradually I loose FPS untill it gets down to 0 and freezes.

this takes place over about 30 minutes of so. the game worked pretty much perfect before this patch

Edited by Mr_Scary

It's not your systems. 

It's been posted a 1000 times already. The textures of certain pre-patch gear are fucked. They're causing memory leaks. Flickering and odd textures, usually on the M4. But any item seems to has chance of having these fucked textures.

Drop your gear and run away from it, if performance is good after being away from it, your gear is causing the issue.

• Like 1

Was running MAX settings 0 lag before patch, and i made-sure my computer ran DayZ before buying it..

• Case : Zalman Mini T3 Black

Power Supply : Branded X-Viper 750 Watt 80+ Bronze Editon Active PFC

Motherboard : Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3

CPU : AMD FX 8350 Eight Core CPU (turbo 4.2Ghz)

Hard Drive : 120gb Solid State Drive

Memory : 4gb DDR3 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance Memory

Graphics Card : ATI 7770 1gb

I have and 8350 (stock clock)

gigabyte 990fx mobo

8 gig of ram (1666) i think

ATI amd 7950

Corsair F120

H50 on my cpu

thermal take 850w psu (b-plus)

cable internet and Jesus

I still lag out as of late. It's more like spikes and massive fps drops. When this starts happening I switch to my HC character, then back to 3pp if hc starts acting up. Suppose to be some kind of memory leak.  Intel or amd? nvidia or ati?... it doesn't matter at all. I have guy's with i7's and big nvid cards wondering wtf as well.

I have also been playing where 3 dudes in the group are fine and the other 4 dudes are fucked up. It's not your rig, I know a guy that plays on an amd a10 laptop so just relax until Monday. If it was your rig it would be that way all the time.

And to the guy I quoted, Zero Lag?? The game's been glitchy in cities since release.. Frames always drop in major cities, it's butter everywhere else though. I mean it's playable, in major cities, but it's not butter. As of right now, it's damn near broken after a few hours of play, unless you like 3 second lag spikes

Edited by Deepfryer

I posted why people are getting this issue. Lots of people are. It's a graphical issue due to bugged textures. 

IF YOU HAVE ANY ITEMS WITH ODD OR FLICKERING TEXTURES THEY ARE THE CAUSE.

Get rid of them, run away from them, and watch as your FPS restores itself magically.

I played for over 3 hours today and my game only crashed at the end of my play session because I got close to some dude sporting the fucked gear.

• Like 1

I posted why people are getting this issue. Lots of people are. It's a graphical issue due to bugged textures. 

IF YOU HAVE ANY ITEMS WITH ODD OR FLICKERING TEXTURES THEY ARE THE CAUSE.

Get rid of them, run away from them, and watch as your FPS restores itself magically.

I played for over 3 hours today and my game only crashed at the end of my play session because I got close to some dude sporting the fucked gear.

I hear you and say this, Monday it will be fixed... I've yet to crash, but im sure not liking this.

Nothing you can do about it but use the work arounds. Like you said, monday it will be fixed, until then either use the information people have provided to prevent the lag.

The worse part (for me) is the game will usually choose to freeze for a moment the minute I try to axe a Zed. The outcome in most cases is me getting an extra gouge. :(

Anyway, from the scuttlebutt I'm hearing there will be a fix come monday. I'm just keeping my head down (and my gear) until then.

Edited by FishGuts4Lunch

same for me, massive performance drop had 40-50 fps now its 13-20 with massive freezes.

i7 3770k
GTX 680 OC
16 GB 1666 RAM
running from SSD

but, since it's an alpha report on the bug tracker and wait for it to be fixed. after that, continiue playing ;)

Edited by Asgar

It's not your systems. 

It's been posted a 1000 times already. The textures of certain pre-patch gear are fucked. They're causing memory leaks. Flickering and odd textures, usually on the M4. But any item seems to has chance of having these fucked textures.

Drop your gear and run away from it, if performance is good after being away from it, your gear is causing the issue.

I killed off my guy, and started fresh, I played for 8 hours with no issue, the next day after looting up, I must have grabbed something that has the issue, cause now I start getting the graduall FPS drop.

it might me sks gear, cause I grabbed some ammo and a 10 round "CLIP" for his SKS, and a PU Scope, I may drop it and see what happens

Also to note:

The FPS drop follows my GPUs usage as well

when I start I get upwards of 100FPS and 100% GPU usage,

slowly my FPS matches my GPU usage 20FPS/20% untill I flatline ---------------------------------0-------------------------------

is that fix happening now? as in a few hours away or whatever?

i3770k - gtx680 - 16gig ram

Edited by Attackm0de

same here

i7 990x extreme cpu

12gb dominator ram

mb: asus rampage3 extreme

gpu: 2 x 680 1200mhz

win 8.1

i confirm that removing flickering items in inventory restores stability and fps are not dropping to crash anymore, just some spikes as usual. but i observed that my data throught put is more than before, this game is pulling a constant 2mbps, never saw a game that hungry on the interwebz.

My friends and me are also suffer from this. We cancelled weekend gaming cause of this issue from the newest patch.