Dreypa

The Lag is Real

sam happens to me, i start with 30+ fps and it slowly drops to 1 then i have to restart the game...

I'm discussing how the game ran perfectly smooth for me and now it runs like a steaming pile of shit. After about 3 minutes of being loaded into the game ; My FPS decreases from 30-25-20-5-1fps until the game locks up and freezes. Not able to exit out of the client or pull open task manager forcing me to do a MANUAL RESTART on my entire PC.

Exactly like this i have....after few minutes it gets lower and lower untill it completely freeze.

thx for the link bamba, beans

btw: what program do you use to see your fps ingame?

ya  ._. and said they will look into it on monday. There goes my long waited weekend to play. Guess shIt happens

• Like 1

Same here. Experienced severe a severe FPS drop on an airfield. I was on a school building and the frame rate was unbearable.

I was running smooth as of this .34, however with 0.34.115106, like some other people my performance was steadily reduced to the point of crashing within a couple of minutes.

I have 8G ram and I had an issue similar to this when I tried to use -maxMem=8192 prior to these patches, but as of 0.33.114926 I was able to use 8192. Previously I had to set it to -maxMem=4096 or I'd get a similar experience to what I am now.

So I tried to set it back to -maxMem=4096, and it's back to being smooth as it was before.

Might be worth trying if you've altered your start string.

I will confirm this issue. Works just fine in nighttime servers, but daytime servers i get between 4 - 15 fps now, and that's not even being in a large town.

Same here. Experienced severe a severe FPS drop on an airfield. I was on a school building and the frame rate was unbearable.

its not only on airfield.i checked it with running just through forests - same issue here after some couple of minutes. 

thx for the link bamba, beans

btw: what program do you use to see your fps ingame?

Im new to pc gaming so i haven't been using one until todays Dayz problems. But from what i've been reading MSI Afterburner.

FPS drop can happen almost everywhere. It's not related to your chars location. Nor does it seem to be related to the weather condition. Experienced it during rain/dry condition

I will confirm this issue. Works just fine in nighttime servers, but daytime servers i get between 4 - 15 fps now, and that's not even being in a large town.

Interesting. Might just give it a try on night time then. Seems like we'll have to wait for monday until they can hotfix this issue, so Im grabbing for every little chance i can get to play the game until then!

I was running smooth as of this .34, however with 0.34.115106, like some other people my performance was steadily reduced to the point of crashing within a couple of minutes.

I have 8G ram and I had an issue similar to this when I tried to use -maxMem=8192 prior to these patches, but as of 0.33.114926 I was able to use 8192. Previously I had to set it to -maxMem=4096 or I'd get a similar experience to what I am now.

So I tried to set it back to -maxMem=4096, and it's back to being smooth as it was before.

Might be worth trying if you've altered your start string.

eh? why on earth would you assign 8gb of memory to a win32 application?

Rocket seems to be working through it with a few players on the reddit thread here. From listening to the conversation so far, I would suggest, if you are having problems, to know your system specs and current Nvidia drivers. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1xaflr/fps_problems_new_patch/

EDIT: In other words that reddit thread is the place to post your system info and current nvidia drivers if you want to help out. If you want to continue being an idiot just post "same here" on these forums. I hope they ban you for it.

Edited by Dr. Goner

Everyone here who has had FPS drops after a few minutes of playing. Have you use any in game maps at all? My FPS drop starting hitting me soon after I used my map a few times. Could be nothing could be something. 

Rocket seems to be working through it with a few players on the reddit thread here. From listening to the conversation so far, I would suggest, if you are having problems, to know your system specs and current Nvidia drivers. 

EDIT: In other words that reddit thread is the place to post your system info and current nvidia drivers if you want to help out. If you want to continue being an idiot just post "same here" on these forums. I hope they ban you for it.

I dont use Nvidia 

And i cant be arsed joining another forum when this is the official one.

Same here 

EDIT: Also posting in the bug tracker page should do more to help find a solution to this problem. Not a reddit thread...

Edited by hrdrok

Yep, unplayable at the moment. I'm heading to bug tracker to "up-vote" all reports on this. Never had an fps issue like this prior to today.

Edited by Sinphaltimus

Sucks that they're not gonna look at it til' monday. Guess I'm playing TF2 and swtor all weekend lol