Dreypa

The Lag is Real

It was a suggestion, I didn't say you NEEDED to do it or anything. Anyways, my game is working fine and has been improving with every patch.

It was a suggestion, I didn't say you NEEDED to do it or anything. Anyways, my game is working fine and has been improving with every patch.

I appreciate your suggestion but at this point in time I don't think it will solve my issues.

The latest patch introduced a very serious memory leak. After 20 minutes of playing i have micro-stutters that make the game extremely unplayable - and it doesn't stop there - at some point the process becomes regularly unresponsive.

This has never happened before since launch. I usually rock 35-60 fps.

• Like 1

yeah, i can report the same @volano

i5-3450@ 3.5ghz overclocked

radeon 7870 hd 2GB

16GB dd3-1666 ram

installed on SSD

edit: win7 ultimate (x64)

i can observe the following: i start dayz, join a server - perfect fps, everything's just fine. i keep looking at my task-manager and i see: dayz memory-usage is increasing without stopping.. when it reaches like 1GB memory usage, the fps-drop is "feelable"... when i reach 1,5 GB memory usage the game is almost unplayable.. like 10-15 fps. but the memory usage keeps increasing until the game crashes. I've never had problems like this before with dayz. gotta be a problem with the new patch :(

i hope there's a fix out there soon, but i guess i wont be able to play dayz this weekend, sadly :( yep i know, its an alpha, im fine ;)

hope this helps

Edited by cheRubyy
  • Like 1

me and my friends ve been experiencing the same situation, we spawn on the hill at balota

we always encounter fps dropdown eventually in any server, sometimes my dayz is not responding.

i use msi afterburner and see that the game use only 0% of GPU (wtf!!!) and this causes the game unplayable.

something is wrong with the optimization, or in other words, an engine problem

looking forward to see responds from the devs

rgds

we spawn on the hill at balota

First of all... LOL

something is wrong with the optimization, or in other words, an engine problem

looking forward to see responds from the devs

Hmmm so something is wrong with the optimization.  In other words, the engine is in development.. As is the game.. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.   This is a mystery.

Edited by Mdogg2005

Yesterday i noticed some crazy drops in performance, the worse i have ever seen it since release. I thought maybe my computer needed a rest for the night but now ive seen this i think it might be down to something else.

Thanks OP.

Incredible bad FPS after todays update. Game freezes constantly, its like I'm watching a slideshow.

Yeah one of my friends told me he had no lag at all so i joined his server to test it. And low and behold i had no lag. And i soon found out what the difference between that server and every server that caused lag was. There were no zombies whatsoever - not a single one from Berezino to Chernogorsk.

It's probably related. If you think there is no problem try and see if you're on a server that has zombies spawning ( apparently some servers are bugged and dont spawn zombies ). If there are zombies try traveling between cities - if you still haven no lag it would mean not everyone is affected.

And to everyone bragging how great their FPS is.

It's not instant, it takes 5-15 minutes to kick in and it only just arose with the new patch.

Edited by volano
  • Like 1

Yeah one of my friends told me he had no lag at all so i joined his server to test it. And low and behold i had no lag. And i soon found out what the difference between that server and every server that caused lag was. There were no zombies whatsoever - not a single one from Berezino to Chernogorsk.

It's probably related. If you think there is no problem try and see if you're on a server that has zombies spawning ( apparently some servers are bugged and dont spawn zombies ). If there are zombies try traveling between cities - if you still haven no lag it would mean not everyone is affected.

And to everyone bragging how great their FPS is.

It's not instant, it takes 5-15 minutes to kick in and it only just arose with the new patch.

Can you clear that up for me ; are you referring to zombie respawning or zombie spawning upon server restart. As far as I'm aware they havent tried to implemented zombie spawning outside of server restarts atm.

Can you clear that up for me ; are you referring to zombie respawning or zombie spawning upon server restart. As far as I'm aware they havent tried to implemented zombie spawning outside of server restarts atm.

No zombies spawning on server restart as in servers that didn't have zombies since the last restart. Though still, not everyone seems to be equally affected.

Your GPU is just one of the things that affects the performance of the game, and in my opinion that probably isn't a popular one. Bridging 2 video cards is somewhat useless, especially top end ones. Most video games aren't made to take advantage of it.

What???  Really???  Quickly edit that post m8, your GPU is the single MOST important piece of hardware for rendering your fine video games... and my friend, games are most certainly multi-threaded.  Please refrain from posting on topics you have limitations on.  With hardware, there is no "opinion" there is only facts.  

Opinions on 2+2... is it really 4 gentleman???

• Like 3

if there's anywhere an official post by the devs, pls share ;)

tried a lot servers but its broken of every server

The latest patch introduced a very serious memory leak. After 20 minutes of playing i have micro-stutters that make the game extremely unplayable - and it doesn't stop there - at some point the process becomes regularly unresponsive.

This has never happened before since launch. I usually rock 35-60 fps.

this!

let's wait for a fix.

I'm getting huge FPS drops occasionally, at one point my game completely froze and I had to alt+f4

.cfg file changing doesn't work for me. Had to abort. My friends a unable to play, too atm du to abysmal performance.

Ouch. Alpha is a cool thing, but now I clearly hate to feel like a test subject :D

What???  Really???  Quickly edit that post m8, your GPU is the single MOST important piece of hardware for rendering your fine video games... and my friend, games are most certainly multi-threaded.  Please refrain from posting on topics you have limitations on.  With hardware, there is no "opinion" there is only facts.  

Opinions on 2+2... is it really 4 gentleman???

You would think that to be true, wouldn't you. Unfortunately there are things in video games that are not directly related to graphics. Some games like DayZ and Mechwarrior:Online use a large amount of the CPU and not having a solid CPU or having slow bus speeds will cause a drop in FPS that are rendered. The GPU never gets stressed. 

So if the game makes the CPU use 100% of it's resources but only touches 50% of a single GPU's resources what makes you think adding a second GPU to the mix will make things run faster? That is what he was talking about. It's unlikely DayZ is stressing out a single decent GPU so offloading some of the work to a second one does nothing to increase performance. 

It's like a water pipe. It can be 8 inches wide at both ends but if it is only 1/4" wide in the middle of the two you won't get enough flow to use those 8". 

• Like 2

same for me, fps grind to a halt then the .exe stops responding. three servers