Sign in to follow this  
JuX

Sleeping bags [item]

I don't think sleeping should be implemented, but i think adding sleeping bags for resting would be useful addition.

When player is sick, cold or low on blood you could use the sleeping bags to rest and recover faster and is less exposed

then creating campfire or if you have safety, then rest in the bag around campfire.

It would also create form of decorative appearance around the camp to improve the immersion.

• Like 9

Would be cool... I hope you actually will be able to enter your own tent and place their your sleeping bag and sleep their safty...

I think sleeping bags are an essential part of survival equipment, you just gotta find the right game mechanics to justify it.

I think sleeping bags are an essential part of survival equipment, you just gotta find the right game mechanics to justify it.

What if they made the logout timer 3 minutes instead of 30sec. and having a sleeping bag reduces it to 1 minute? Not the most realistic approach to sleeping bags, but atleast its a good reason to carry one around. Also putting your character into a faster 'resting' stage to combat infections, disease and sickness at an increased rate (but slow enough that you'd wish you would've picked up a book).

• Like 1

I can think of it combined with illness or less dangerous kinds of poison (berries and mushrooms which are not deadly).

pro:

- no consumption item, or very slowly

- chance to improve your health condition over time, supports your natural regeneration

- takes no slot in the backpack

con:

- you are exposed and relatively helpless while using (bandits, zombies, animals)

- needs some time/boring (could use the time to read maps or books)

- no guarantee sleeping will help, you could die a slow death (hunger, thirst, illness)

- everybody can see that valuable item hanging at your backpack

I like it.

I still do think that having sleeping bags as a requirement for logging out would be neat.