Dchil

Winchester 1895

Not to be confused with the Marlin 1895 or Savage 1895.DFS12A-H-F2-L.jpg

A rough estimate of 300,000 of these were made between 1915 and 1917 for a Russian Empire military contract and made their way across the world via various wars. The Russian models were chambered in 7.62x54r and were to compliment the Mosin-Nagant already in service (known in game as the Mosin 9130). They were modified to order by Winchester to use the same stripper clips and Bayonet (but most likely not the PU scope and not sure on Mosin bayonet but it did have a bayonet) as the Mosin and it was also used in limited numbers by the US military in 1 or 2 calibers. Held 5rds as standard. It was made famous by former US president Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt carrying two chambered in .405 on an African safari trip, referring to it as his "Medicine stick" or "Big medicine" (conflicting reports about what he said) and it was used to hunt the big 5. It is also the last rifle ever designed by John Moses Browning for Winchester (google him if you don't know what his contributions to the firearms world are)

I suggest that these be added as a weapon that fires slower than the SKS but faster than the Mosin and has similar(if not the same) power as the Mosin due to using the same cartridge. It should be less common that the Mosin but more common than the B95 (which should be really rare because it's $7,000) due to it being used less in the military.

and like with 90% of all my suggestions a add a video of Hickok45 playing with one. He must have fired at least 50% of all makes and models of firearm around the world by now.

EDIT: and it would shut up all the people wanting lever actions with a somewhat more realistic rifle than a marlin1894 or a rossi puma.

Edited by Dchil
  • Like 19

not bad, not bad ;)

if the "reload"-animation is done correctly, this woud be ossum

edit: TBH, i didnt read the post. just read "Winchester 1895", and hit beanz.

Now i'm goin to read xD

Edited by irishroy

not bad, not bad ;)

if the "reload"-animation is done correctly, this woud be ossum

edit: TBH, i didnt read the post. just read "Winchester 1895", and hit beanz.

Now i'm goin to read xD

Well.... what do you think?

EDIT: and it would shut up all the people wanting lever actions with a somewhat more realistic rifle than a marlin1894 or a rossi puma.

so no Marlin 336?

I used to want this one. Then i though - 300,000 guns in 1915 - Many were probably destroyed during the Bolshevik revolution, and i see none turning up in Russia post 1918. Most are actually in the US, becuase in 1917 the Revolution cut the contract short, and thousands of rifles were left in the US for sale to civilians.

Still, a commercial version would be a nice addition.

• Like 1

so no Marlin 336?

I didn't say no, just that this would be more realistic than a 336. I'd rather have a Marlin 1894 in 44 magnum added though.

nevermind, wrong post. 

Edited by Capo

This thread was tweeted to ctorchia but i don't know if anything is going to happen about it.

I agree with dogfood, I just can't see Tsarist Winchesters popping up in Chernarus with any sort of regularity. They aren't often seen in Russia today either, and as an aside they weren't ever popular with Russian troops.

I used to want this one. Then i though - 300,000 guns in 1915 - Many were probably destroyed during the Bolshevik revolution, and i see none turning up in Russia post 1918. Most are actually in the US, becuase in 1917 the Revolution cut the contract short, and thousands of rifles were left in the US for sale to civilians.

My thoughts exactly - so rare as to be impossible to find or not at all thanks.

Lever-Action rifles are pretty sexy, no denying that!

very sexy indeed

I agree with dogfood, I just can't see Tsarist Winchesters popping up in Chernarus with any sort of regularity. They aren't often seen in Russia today either, and as an aside they weren't ever popular with Russian troops.

why not though Gews? Were already getting allot of western items and weapons in game as is. And it does have a survival feel to it more than a COD feel anyways in terms of gun design.

very sexy indeed

Revolving shotguns are better.

I'd like to see the model 92 in game, and you would more likely see a 1892 as there were over a million made, and repro/clones are still being made.  It could be chambered in the already in game .357 ammo, and as a bonus, make it moddable via hacksaw into a Mares Leg, so you could stow it in a pack like the sawed off shotgun.

It's necessary to tell Dean the idea that the Winchester closer to the DayZ than the unknown expensive rifle for hunting like Blazer! 

I actually expectet that gun not this Blazer....i think is innocence...looklike gun for kids..specs are fine...