rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental branch: 0.34.XXXXX

can the timeout and logging times be looked at ?

i crashed twice on a crappy server yesterday my punishment? to sit and wait for 5 minutes because of something i didnt do or wasnt my fault. this is silly and annoying.

30 secs is long enough never mind 300 seconds.

great pace on fixing ! keep up the good work !

Edited by dgeesio
  • Like 1

@rocket: With the weapon tweaks, could you tell me the effects of a scope that's simply worn and not damaged, what kind of modifier is attached to this, or is worn as effective as pristine?, really loving this game great stuff, its taking over my life though my partner moved my trainer the other day an she nearly put them by a muddy pair, and I shouted don't! my trainers are "Pristine"! its getting to much, an when we play we get confused when someone says wait a min I'm getting something to eat or drink.

• Like 3

@rocket: With the weapon tweaks, could you tell me the effects of a scope that's simply worn and not damaged, what kind of modifier is attached to this, or is worn as effective as pristine?, really loving this game great stuff, its taking over my life though my partner moved my trainer the other day an she nearly put them by a muddy pair, and I shouted don't! my trainers are "Pristine"! its getting to much, an when we play we get confused when someone says wait a min I'm getting something to eat or drink.

Haha, i know what you mean.

Great! Please fix the issues with the last patch ie stuffed status, falling damage (or lack thereof) and bring back the magnum sounds....the new one is poor at best.

Oh and the tent spawns. PLEASE bring them back. Also worth looking at: The many buildings which do not spawn loot and never have, and also sheds no longer spawning loot either.

Edited by Irenicus
  • Like 1

Hooray! More patching/new items! I need to keep an eye on this update. Keep up the good work, Rocket. :)

Well I think that these two things must be fixed in the next few days... because actually I can't play in my server for this... We need an Hotfix :D

Systems: Players position was not saving on disconnect

Systems: Players could get continually stuck in a dead character during load from central server

• Like 2

On the subject of falling, I would love to see bent knees and even stumbling or falling over when jumping or falling from greater heights. Obviously this would then turn to breaks when 'too high'.

At the moment you just fall with straight legs and land dead upright. Just thoughts, would be a nice touch.

HEY! I heard someone say it's Alpha, ok?

Great work all the dev team, we are all so proud to be part of the making of a title that re-wrote gaming history..

Whoah! Clairvoyant, much?

• Systems: Falling now causes dynamic damage (roughly, fall of >5m break legs depending on equipment, >15m probably death)
  • Like 1

great work, thanks.

Weapons: Ballistic parameters of all projectiles tweaked for more realism (special thanks to Gews for his great analysis on weapon characteristics)

where can i read his analysis ?

great work, thanks.

Weapons: Ballistic parameters of all projectiles tweaked for more realism (special thanks to Gews for his great analysis on weapon characteristics)

where can i read his analysis ?

Probably referring to these posts

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/157148-correcting-sa-ballistics/

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/161661-accuracy-comparison-dayz-vs-arma-2/

• Like 2

falling from < 5 meters height now results in just "fuck that hurts" but no more broken legs ? This would make looting the 3 story barnes more safe  :P  and allow us to jump from low roofs  :)

Edited by Private Evans

Tents when?

I know they aren't coming soon but I need 'something' like this. Even just using the shovel to dig a hole for your protector cases.

• Like 1

can the timeout and logging times be looked at ?

i crashed twice on a crappy server yesterday my punishment? to sit and wait for 5 minutes because of something i didnt do or wasnt my fault. this is silly and annoying.

30 secs is long enough never mind 300 seconds.

great pace on fixing ! keep up the good work !

People who can't wait five minutes really worry me.

• Like 4

falling from < 5 meters height now results in just "fuck that hurts" but no more broken legs ? This would make looting the 3 story barnes more safe  :P  and allow us to jump from low roofs  :)

Dynamic damage means the damage value is dynamic (/facepalm)

Also I updated the list again

• Like 6

Dynamic damage means the damage value is dynamic (/facepalm)

Also I updated the list again

awesome updating speed!

Edited by Listed Mad