Sign in to follow this  
Aramill

Loud static while reloading

Every time I get to the main-screen / log into a server / reload while in game, instead of playing the reloading sound, all I hear is a very loud static sounds, I played earlier today on the newest patch, and it worked fine. But after i logged off for an hour or so, it started with the static. 

I've tried to find a solution on my own, but i can't find one. I've tried validating the steam files and re-installing, neither worked. :(

Edited by Aramill

i'm getting the exact same thing. it's so loud.

it started with random crashes, that hasnt got any better. now unbearable static. sometimes it's not until i'm actually spawned.

i cant figure it out.

i7 3770k

evga gtx 660

8gb memory

This seems to be a bug since update, what we need people to do is go to the Bug report  page and look up issue 0007857, and give it a vote, more votes the faster this will get fixed. Try to all vote on same issue and the more then get set up on same problem will dilute the votes :(

Edited by Whitehawk

Every time I get to the main-screen / log into a server / reload while in game, instead of playing the reloading sound, all I hear is a very loud static sounds, I played earlier today on the newest patch, and it worked fine. But after i logged off for an hour or so, it started with the static. 

I've tried to find a solution on my own, but i can't find one. I've tried validating the steam files and re-installing, neither worked. :(

Got this same thing. I think it started today. Dont remember hearing it before.. But ive heard it only when i join the servers and it loads character and scenery.

happens to me to, but when i join a game.

Happens to me in the main menu; sometimes in game as well. Has been happening since before the latest patch.

Edited by sacrdandprofne