Sign in to follow this  
sobieski12

More hostage tools.

Ever since I've been starting to take more hostages in DayZ, I am quite interested in getting more options to actually control these players.

With handcuffs and burlap-sacks, lets expand this area.

More prisoner control

* "Dog collars" attach the dog collar to a handcuffed prisoners head + use "Rope" drag the player wherever you want.

- Would be great to have a attachment feature with the dog collar and the rope.

Rope features 

- Close length "2 meters"

- Medium length "6 meters"

- Long length "10 meters"

Prisoners can walk in any way that want while being handcuffed, a better way to immobilize prisoners.

* "Sticks + Rags" to tie the prisoners legs together to prevent the player from walking or moving away.

After taking prisoners in my last event, I look forward to taking more.

Edited by Sobieski12
  • Like 4

Ropes would be cool to drag players around with like slaves.

Ropes would be cool to drag players around with like slaves.

That was actually what I was trying to do in my video.

The hostages had the freedom to walk in any direction they want, but then again I could always threaten them.

Would be cool to see players use chains or rope to take players hostage.

* Maybe even creepier once rockets introduces cannibalism, it would remind me of "The Road" movie.

Edited by Sobieski12

lol sounds good take it even further with the rope idea and be able to tie the end you are holding to things then you can leave your hostage secured to and fence while you go grab something or even just to leave them there for zombies to feast on lol.

Would be good if you could lock them in the holding cells at airports or mili bases and keep them prisoner.

lol sounds good take it even further with the rope idea and be able to tie the end you are holding to things then you can leave your hostage secured to and fence while you go grab something or even just to leave them there for zombies to feast on lol.

Would be good if you could lock them in the holding cells at airports or mili bases and keep them prisoner.

Or the wine cellars in the random villages.

Imagine that someone knocks you out cold.

* Handcuffs you.

* Places a burlap-sack over your head

* Use a splint to bind the prisoners legs.

Drag the prisoner into a car and transport him to a secret location in a locked wine cellar of a random house.

My god the role-play would be amazing.

* I'd walk to the prisoners cell and say, time to eat and drink.

- Force feed / drink a prisoner, demand the whereabouts of a base or his friends etcetcetc

Edited by Sobieski12
  • Like 1

Haha fucking loved that video , such madness . My favorite part was when the black dudes rushed your ass haha but you got em with some nice ass shots.

Dude... Funniest Standalone video I've seen yet! ^_^

I was going to play a nice, but now I'm not so sure...

You got my vote, more hostage situation items/interactions please! The funnier the better, lets not go down the dark road.  ><

"I won't forget you Robert!... Wait... Does he have any gear? Give me your hoodie." For shame, for shame... *shakes head*  ^_^

Edited by Survivor_Sabre

That was entertaining as hell.  At first, reading your post, I thought "This is a sadistic mother f*cker."  Then watching the video...well, that looked like too much fun until the end.  Take beans.

Dude... Funniest Standalone video I've seen yet! ^_^

I was going to play a nice, but now I'm not so sure...

You got my vote, more hostage situation items/interactions please! The funnier the better, lets not go down the dark road.  ><

"I won't forget you Robert!... Wait... Does he have any gear? Give me your hoodie." For shame, for shame... *shakes head*  ^_^

She also later found my video on reddit and gave me the story after I died, it was quite interesting.

Well, you two killed each other, which was pretty hilarious. However, this left us both still cuffed. We waited there for a few minutes just talking about what to do, and decided that we needed to just hope for someone to come by and then ask them for help.

WELP - Two guys showed up. I start saying, "OH PRAISE THE DAYZ GODS" etc. etc. and asked if they could please help us by looting the bodies, taking the hacksaw, and breaking us out of our cuffs. One of the guys replies, "BITCH, What do you think this is? THIS IS DAYZ. YOU'RE MINE NOW."

So we were taken hostage by a duo of men, who eventually decided to let us go. I really thought they were going to kill us, but I ran as fast as I could when he said "You better get outta here." His tone made it pretty clear that he was going to shoot us if we weren't gone in a flash.

It was a good day.

• Like 1

Lol that video was funny, I have also decide some way to gag the hostage would be good so they can't talk especially if you don't want your position given away through proximity chat or in the case off they talk as much as steph lol, maybe something like a gimp costume with links on to tie rope or put a chain to and a zip on the mouth piece :)

While I'm not keen on all of the ideas in this thread, I do believe that making hostage-taking "fun" would help to greatly reduce the rampant KOS behavior. People KOS simply because they're bored after reaching end-game, and they don't want to risk losing their character.

So if hostage taking is more fun (and less risky) than just simply killing someone on sight, you'll see the game drastically change to something a lot more interesting.