TheXJackal

Drug Addiction (bad idea).

So at first this is going to sound stupid but what about adding drugs? I mean in the end of world times this would be a thing because well they think there gonna die any way. Also to tie into this what about cigarettes. I mean its more of a role playing thing but idk could be interesting.

So Now my friend has said what about growing drugs and dealing to other players for loot?

Edited by TheXJackal

Have thought about it too, I don't think it's a bad idea, but could wait till the end of development IMO.

I like the idea because realism, but who would be stupid enough to ruin their character with drugs?

I like the idea of players getting addictions because they take too many drugs (morphine, painkillers, etc) or alchol (because maybe there is nothing else to drink or they don't have painkillers?). Perhaps their character starts suffering from Schizophrenia which gives away your position (character mumbling to himself) and/or causes delusions (impaired vision/seeing zombies). Given how fond of PZ Rocket is I don't think this is too far wrong. 

Take it further and you could add in addictions to food where your character becomes 'fat' and requires more food to survive the fatter you become until you run it off and eat healthy (wouldn't take long within the running simulator). Also the fatter you are the quicker you become exhausted and/or can carry less.

Of course this would require the game to have unhealthy foods which is a little out of character, especially with Rocket's ideals of survival, living off the land and such. 

Its all a question of how far down the rabbit hole you want to go. 

This idea is sponsored by Project Zomboid. 

Sorry if this has been suggested (probably has) previously or discussed by Rocket. I posted this kinda by accident (was writing a reply and ended up just started a new thread).

Edited by Crainey
  • Like 2

I like the idea because realism, but who would be stupid enough to ruin their character with drugs?

People who F*** on the first date?

Joking..

Anyway, i think it's a great idea to add cigarettes, not drugs.

• Like 1

Was going to respond to your question but I extrapolated it too much and ended up making another thread. Point being; you need to apply your suggestion to something gameplay wise. 

Edited by Crainey

Like the jackal said , it's a role playin element . and although I wouldn't role play too hard , I would definitely be drinking a bottle of jack Daniels before I storm an enemies base , and then I'd finish with a fat honey cigar over my enemies corpses .

Well its the apocalypse anyway so why not just blaze it?

You develop a dependency to opiates from frequent use of painkillers/morphine over a short space of time. Using morphine or taking excess painkillers should have the same effect as the 'vials' on Deus Ex. 

It also allows people to roleplay junkies and possibly create a demand and large value to these medical supplies.

• Like 1

force-feed hostages. Then release them completely high in the middle of nowhere. Could be great like the char is incapable of reading his compass (needle spins around endlessly?), stars moving and sheet like this.

• Like 1

Imagine players sitting outside of elektro hospital doped up on morphine playing that on direct chat :D

so my friend brought up the idea of growing drugs in game to barter/sell to other survivor thoughts?

so my friend brought up the idea of growing drugs in game to barter/sell to other survivor thoughts?

Are you saying that you and your friend don't get kos?

Edited by ploulaf

Anyway, i think it's a great idea to add cigarettes, not drugs.

Then when people get addicted in game and start getting messages like "I need a smoke." , "Gawd, I really need a smoke.", and "Someone get me a smoke before I f*cking murder a small puppy!" and their screen can start tinting red (from anger of course, if you've tried to quit smoking you know what I'm talking about) and then shaking randomly...well, then we can start a new form of economy: the smokers and the non-smokers.  The non-smokers can be smart and stockpile all the smokes they find, while the smokers run out.  Then the non-smokers have what we crave, that sweet sweet tabaccy. The non-smokers of course can trade the smokers smokes for things like ammo and not being beaten to death.  Eventually the smokes will run out of course.  And then the violence...much violence...

Edited by - Karma -

What do you guys think about characters getting addicted to painkillers and morphine in game if used frequently? and what do you guys think the side effects should be?

Personally i say yes. and it should be a twitch or itching of some sort. 

• Like 1

maybe it could throw off your aim a little due to your character being twitchy and not having steady aim.

What do you guys think about characters getting addicted to painkillers and morphine in game if used frequently? and what do you guys think the side effects should be?

Personally i say yes. and it should be a twitch or itching of some sort.

Well I don't personally think that I would be abusing morphine or painkillers in the apocalypse seeing as Itd be a bitch to find / create in a real scenario .

Although I would definitely love to see them add alcohol , it's the perfect medium , it's not too extreme like some examples people have had (like pcp in pill form , or heroin in syringe form , THAT is too much realism) and it does provide some fucked up consequences we all know and love / hate: puking after too much to drink , being off balance and disoriented , and eventually would lead to death (quick form of alcohol poisoning for the sake of the game) If you were to drink like 2 bottles of alcohol In a small amount of time.

The loot spawn they could add would just be a regular 750 ml vodka (I would say jack Daniels but its Russia lawl ) it could be used to be abused , as a disinfectant , or a Molotov cocktail :).

I like the idea of being addicted to morphine or pain killers if you use them too much... And seeing how often people are breaking their legs on faulty ladders and stairs...

So at first this is going to sound stupid but what about adding drugs? I mean in the end of world times this would be a thing because well they think there gonna die any way. Also to tie into this what about cigarettes. I mean its more of a role playing thing but idk could be interesting.

So Now my friend has said what about growing drugs and dealing to other players for loot?

Well you can get addicted to painkillers.

While I have no problem with addiction to pain killers or morphine adding more hardcore drugs could cause rating issues for some countries with strict game rating laws. I don''the think it would be fair on them, even though it would be realistic. Also addiction should not be random, it should occur after maybe 3 in a short period and not possible at any use of the product.

While I have no problem with addiction to pain killers or morphine adding more hardcore drugs could cause rating issues for some countries with strict game rating laws. I don''the think it would be fair on them, even though it would be realistic. Also addiction should not be random, it should occur after maybe 3 in a short period and not possible at any use of the product.

I don't see any reason to add anything that doesn't have a medical use really. If you're taking morphine for recreational reasons in the game, that's your problem. On a sidenote, Booze could be addictive too, and act as a shiver suppressant for a cold character (it would not really work you up tho, just make you "feel" warm).

I wonder what Australia (i think it was australia) consider to be "drugs presented as powerups".

I mean most drugs HAVE desirable effects, sleeping tablets allow you to sleep even in the worst situation, painkillers... kill the pain, caffein keeps you awake and alert. A lot of drugs simply allow you to outperform yourself in the real world.

But i don't think bongs should be in the game.

Edited by Lady Kyrah