Munchermanjz

People tell you your post is bad because its an alpha? read plz

A GAME is a fully furnished house, decorated and filled with everything that you need. It is ready to be lived in.

A BETA is an empty house, or one with only the essentials, a bed, a toilet etc. It could be lived in, but it wouldn't be comfortable until more things are touched up.

AN ALPHA is the process starting at a blueprint and continuing on through the construction phase up until one could call it a building, until the major things like walls, a roof, internl plumbing and electrical wiring, etc are added, you cannot even tell what it is going to be until its near the end when you can see that there is a house in the making.

Do you have any problems or complaints about the "game" ?

The problem you are having, as well as many others who bought the Alpha is that you expected a house you could live in. You bought it fully thinking it would at least suit your needs, but until it hits it's beta stage, it just can't do that. Until the beta, it will not be what you want it to be. You are right to want to seek out something else for the time being, but are very wrong to think that it will never be what you wanted it to be.

You bought an ALPHA, KNOW what that means before you start to cry on the forums. There are many stages of an alpha, and this is an EARLY alpha...

People just need to realize how HUGE of a difference there is between an ALPHA and a BETA compared to a BETA and a full release GAME.

I have posted this for those of you who are annoyed that the game isn't what you wanted/expected it to be. Or for those who hear "its just an alpha" and don't really know what that means, or who are mad at hearing the phrase. You aren't wrong for getting mad, you are just wrong in thinking that this is a game and not a foundation upon which a game will be built.

• Like 11

Nothing more annoying than someone crying about the game being broken when it's in Alpha/Beta.

Except people like you that jump up and yell "its an Alpha" when they do.

• Like 1

Nothing more annoying than someone crying about the game being broken when it's in Alpha/Beta.

I appreciate your view on this topic, while I dont share it.

A GAME is a fully furnished house, decorated and filled with everything that you need. It is ready to be lived in.

A BETA is an empty house, or one with only the essentials, a bed, a toilet etc. It could be lived in, but it wouldn't be comfortable until more things are touched up.

AN ALPHA is the process starting at a blueprint and continuing on through the construction phase up until one could call it a building, until the major things like walls, a roof, internl plumbing and electrical wiring, etc are added, you cannot even tell what it is going to be until its near the end when you can see that there is a house in the making.

The problem you are having, as well as many others who bought the Alpha is that you expected a house you could live in. You bought it fully thinking it would at least suit your needs, but until it hits it's beta stage, it just can't do that. Until the beta, it will not be what you want it to be. You are right to want to seek out something else for the time being, but are very wrong to think that it will never be what you wanted it to be.

You bought an ALPHA, KNOW what that means before you start to cry on the forums. There are many stages of an alpha, and this is an EARLY alpha...

People just need to realize how HUGE of a difference there is between an ALPHA and a BETA compared to a BETA and a full release GAME.

I have posted this for those of you who are annoyed that the game isn't what you wanted/expected it to be. Or for those who hear "its just an alpha" and don't really know what that means, or who are mad at hearing the phrase. You aren't wrong for getting mad, you are just wrong in thinking that this is a game and not a foundation upon which a game will be built.

These threads are starting to become as common as the ones you complain about. Neither set is helping.

I do see the irony in my own post.

You obviously don't understand my post or the purpose behind it, or are just looking for an arguement. Its very simple, when something like being told the game is an alpha is told to a person crying about bugs for the first time, they probably don't pay it much mind. When they see it over and over? it kinda loses its meaning. I'm just trying to get people to understand just what it means to participate in an alpha and why their complaints are being tossed aside simply because "its an alpha"

In all honesty, its more annoying for people to post something that adds nothing to a discussion than to give an expected reply to an expected reaction to something a person does not understand. Go to someone else's post and try making yourself useful for once...

• Like 1

These threads are starting to become as common as the ones you complain about. Neither set is helping.

I protest. People shouldn't complain about people complaining, about people who complain, however It is ok to complain about the people who are complaining, about the people who are complaining, about the people who complain. but if you complain about the people complaining, about the people complaining, about the people complaining, about the people who complain, you have taken things too far.

• Like 5

I'd also like to point out that providing feedback is usually just as essential part of early access as providing bug reports.

Otherwise this finished "house" would be in wrong color,has ugly decorations,too small and whatnot.

People complaining about feedback or critisism are as wrong as they think the person is,whom they are replying "alpha do you know what that means?" to.

But i agree when it comes to people who post "bad game so bug" . :)

• Like 2

Then why post it. FFS people... if you aren't going to ADD to a post, DON't reply...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I protest. People shouldn't complain about people complaining, about people who complain, however It is ok to complain about the people who are complaining, about the people who are complaining, about the people who complain. but if you complain about the people complaining, about the people complaining, about the people complaining, about the people who complain, you have taken things too far.

Stating facts does not always = complaining. Like if I were to make an observation about the ridiculous amount of whining threads in general :D

I'd also like to point out that providing feedback is usually just as essential part of early access as providing bug reports.

Otherwise this finished "house" would be in wrong color,has ugly decorations,too small and whatnot.

People complaining about feedback or critisism are as wrong as they think the person is,whom they are replying "alpha do you know what that means?" to.

Exactly, what I'm saying though is simply that most people who say negative things about the game wil hear the phrase "its an alpha" to the extent I bet many don't really realize what it means for a game to be an alpha. I'm just hoping that some of those people who want to bash the game and tell others not to buy it because it sucks will read this and at least cool off to some extent because the Alpha isn't crap and the game will be great when finished. There are just too many people who bash the game without understanding that it really isn't a 'game' just yet.

Stating facts does not always = complaining. Like if I were to make an observation about the ridiculous amount of whining threads in general :D

I was joking because somebody complained about people complaining about people complaining. I wasn't defining what complaint was in general, I was just adding levity. 

I'm really just losing my faith in humanity right now. Looking at various threads, how people respond to things, the attitudes people have about things... I wouldn't be suprised if the fall of humanity on this planet is blamed on this generation... I mean people nowadays are dumber than dirt anyways... seriously, the next 40 people you see, probably aren't worth the food or space it takes to keep them around... its pitiful really.

I'm really just losing my faith in humanity right now. Looking at various threads, how people respond to things, the attitudes people have about things... I wouldn't be suprised if the fall of humanity on this planet is blamed on this generation... I mean people nowadays are dumber than dirt anyways... seriously, the next 40 people you see, probably aren't worth the food or space it takes to keep them around... its pitiful really.

Such powerful thoughts. You're deep, man. Like, whoa.

Also, do you really think people were any fucking smarter fifty years ago? People haven't changed. The dumb:smart people ratio will always be the same. It's just painstakingly obvious who is what since the inception of social media.

TL;DR:

People dumb. People smart. All is well.

You obviously don't understand my post or the purpose behind it, or are just looking for an arguement. Its very simple, when something like being told the game is an alpha is told to a person crying about bugs for the first time, they probably don't pay it much mind. When they see it over and over? it kinda loses its meaning. I'm just trying to get people to understand just what it means to participate in an alpha and why their complaints are being tossed aside simply because "its an alpha"

In all honesty, its more annoying for people to post something that adds nothing to a discussion than to give an expected reply to an expected reaction to something a person does not understand. Go to someone else's post and try making yourself useful for once...

Oh I understand the purpose behind your post, I just think it's pointless and serves nothing hence my original reply.

Whine is indeed annoying. But there's a lot of people who just state their opinion reasonably with facts and make their suggestions but fanatics treat them as much as the rest of whiners with no constructive arguments and arrogant behaviour.

Fanatics can't deal with the truth.

Fanatics cannot (or don't want to) distinguish a whine thread from a serious one.

Fanatics are plague.

@OP you pretty much whine about whiners. :Whineception:

Hey, that's right - I never complain about people who complain either, I only complain about people who complain about people who complain, unless I disagree with them.

This!

Some people maybe just trying to provide feedback on issues & such.  Sometimes it may come across as complaining but it could also just be constructive feedback with a negative tone.

Worse part is when you get asshat trolls who don't provide any feedback or suggestions other than spouting "trololol its a alpha l2p.".  Vs. the nicer community members may actually go "hey friend this is a known issue (Link to future patch notes) here is where they talk about fixing it.  Please be patient it may be fixed next week!"

Now for those who say "This game sucks balls because of broken mechanics." yeah.. its a alpha just chill.  Maybe come back later when it hits Beta.
I know when i was in FireFall early days it was painful,  I got to a point where i pretty much had to stop playing it.. When i returned 2-3 months later it was 100% better but not complete.  but defiantly better.

Seriously if you have a problem with one post in your thread stating the obvious, then you should probably get off the internet.

Worse part is when you get asshat trolls who don't provide any feedback or suggestions other than spouting "trololol its a alpha l2p.".

To be honest there are a few that need the "Tis an Alpha... L2P" answer. Like the 50 different threads on hunger and thirst during the first month of Alpha... a thread that still pops up occasionally. The game wasn't exactly broke, they were literally doing it wrong and then complaining about messages that were already slated to be fixed in the next patch. :)

Thus my signature.

hey i just stopped in to say STFU to all you mother fuckers..

OP you're a mother fucking shit bag for your long ass condescending post and stupid analogies that nobody gives a flying fuck about..

everyone else.. fuck you for posting and bumping these shit posts of vile bullshit up to the top of the forum.. you mother fuckers 

Edited by Max Planck
Time for a break for you.