dallas

Clarification needed: if GPS doesn't care about server violations?

[edit] misspelled GSP

Hi mods, 

I've seen the green box on top of the forums, so this is more of a query, than a complaint(well it's probably a complaint dressed up in a query wig).

I noticed this topic on reddit  about a player trying to report a kicking server to it's GSP, only to be told by the GSP that kicking players wasn't against the terms of service.

Contacted ServerMania.com about a "private" server kicking people for entering. This was their response.

submitted 

7 hours  ago

*  by HeShootsHeScores123

E-Mail Exchange: http://imgur.com/dUGpNXt,U3VDqOd

Screenshot I had sent them: http://imgur.com/dUGpNXt,U3VDqOd#1

Please forgive my grammar and shit spelling. Did I say or do something wrong? Is he in the right? I was under the impression this wasn't allowed.

Edit 1: Was having issues with imgur.

E-mail: http://bit.ly/1eOGTwY

Screenshot I Provided: http://bit.ly/1eOGWZW

Edit 2: Can someone point me in the right area to post this on the official forums? The Server section of the board says not to post in there, but refers you to a post about contacting the admins of the hosting company.

Wouldn't mind some clarification on the subject.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 2

Hi there.

We are looking into it (pulling on some sleeves).

• Like 3

Matt has responded to the reddit thread.

Basically, it needs to be reported to the GSP (who is probably renting the server from Servermania), and if one can't find out which one it is, it should be reported to all of them.

• Like 2

Basically, it needs to be reported to the GSP (who is probably renting the server from Servermania), and if one can't find out which one it is, it should be reported to all of them.

No offence but this is just stupid. I can report a server every now and than, but the number of rule breaking servers is growing and you can't just expect community to deal with this on their own. 

• Like 1

[edit] misspelled GSP

Hi mods, 

I've seen the green box on top of the forums, so this is more of a query, than a complaint(well it's probably a complaint dressed up in a query wig).

I noticed this topic on reddit  about a player trying to report a kicking server to it's GSP, only to be told by the GSP that kicking players wasn't against the terms of service.

Wouldn't mind some clarification on the subject.

Servermania is not a DayZ server provider.  They provide the actual dedicated machines one of the actual DayZ server providers run dedicated servers on.

You should only be reporting things to the emails listed in http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/ .  Trying to report things to the dedicated server provider is not going to work (as they are under no obligation to enforce the DayZ rules).

No offence but this is just stupid. I can report a server every now and than, but the number of rule breaking servers is growing and you can't just expect community to deal with this on their own. 

Sending an email to five recipients takes pretty much the same amount of time as sending it to one.

Just add all the addresses into the 'To' field.

Sending an email to five recipients takes pretty much the same amount of time as sending it to one.

Just add all the addresses into the 'To' field.

That's not the problem, the problem is that some servers I personally reported are still there. Seems like server providers are not eager to close them and lose $$$, it won't be long before they start ignoring emails from players and it will require some action from gamer developers, and it would be better if something was done before it goes that far. 

Actually, 

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1wxykt/contacted_servermaniacom_about_a_private_server/cf6pnag

MattLightfoot instructs you to do the opposite, and to send them all an e-mail about the one server.

That is not 'the opposite', it is exactly what I said.

That's not the problem, the problem is that some servers I personally reported are still there.

I think they are using a 'three strikes and you're out' model.

Seems like server providers are not eager to close them and lose $$$, it won't be long before they start ignoring emails from players and it will require some action from gamer developers, and it would be better if something was done before it goes that far. 

Correct, we need to keep them on their toes. People are doing that, hence this thread.

Send EVERYONE an email about EVERY server..? That's the most stupid advice you could ever give because it means 4/5 emails their supports receive is invalid.

Nobody on their tech support is gonna bother reading angry dayz nerd emails, especially if 4/5 does not even concern their shit.

Send EVERYONE an email about EVERY server..? That's the most stupid advice you could ever give because it means 4/5 emails their supports receive is invalid.

Nobody on their tech support is gonna bother reading angry dayz nerd emails, especially if 4/5 does not even concern their shit.

No.

Report servers that abuse the terms to the GSP they are renting from.

If you don't know which GSP this is, try the method given in this topic.

If you still can't find the correct GSP, then you send the report mail to all five. It really shouldn't happen too often.

Furthermore, make your reports clear and concise. No need to swear, no need to rant.

Just make the report short and to the point, then go about your business.

• Like 1

i think you actually need to prove the ABUSE you are reporting ..it does not help that you feel wronged because you always have gotten your way until now. perhaps it is a cruel experience, to learn that your parents have no effect here? perhaps im very wrong and you actually are an adult. if so, i apologize.

i think you actually need to prove the ABUSE you are reporting ..it does not help that you feel wronged because you always have gotten your way until now. perhaps it is a cruel experience, to learn that your parents have no effect here? perhaps im very wrong and you actually are an adult. if so, i apologize.

Who are you addressing, exactly? Is it the OP? He is bringing a reddit post to our attention and asking for clarification.

Who else could it be? And why are you bringing up people's parents?

Edited by Max Planck