Sign in to follow this  
Romzzy

Zombies drop loot

zombies loot  

48 members have voted

1. 1. zombies drop random loot

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. zombies drop loot depending on zombie type (military=military loot civilian=civilian loot)

• yes
    • no

zombies need to drop loot...anything i mean ive killed hundreds of em and they never have anything. you should be able to at least loot the boots or helmet off military zombies 

Edited by Romzzy
  • Like 1

I say yes to this, but there should be at least a 50% chance of looting nothing (75% chance would be even better in my mind).

• Like 1

Yeah they do,it's part of the realism and also preety important.But i'm against the idea of having random loot on them.

Yeah sure they may as well drop a variety of things from T shirts,pants to matchboxes and possible pieces of map,but i'm against in the idea of having zombies moving around with pristine M4s on them or an axes or even car parts.Lol imagine finding a pristine Car engine as a zombie loot.

I both voted for yes.. What I'd like to see as a somewhat rare item to find on a zombie's corpse is some notes that you can read that would provide a back story (Could be anything like a love letter from a loved one, grocery list, or even hidden loot on the map depending on the server)

What about looting the clothes they wear, all in badly damaged up to worn status, with chances to find stuff in the pockets? I think it would make more sense for zombies to still have stuff they were carrying before the infection

I think they should do what they did in the mod; have a small chance of spawning with an item relating to their status before becoming infected (Military zombies would sometimes have ammo/gear, Civilians would have food/trash, Doctors would have medical items, etc.)

I don't think zombies should spawn with any weapons on them, though, and if they do it can only be something small like a knife.

• Like 3

I think they should do what they did in the mod; have a small chance of spawning with an item relating to their status before becoming infected (Military zombies would sometimes have ammo/gear, Civilians would have food/trash, Doctors would have medical items, etc.)

I don't think zombies should spawn with any weapons on them, though, and if they do it can only be something small like a knife.

This would be what I would say in terms of OP

I would want to see certain 'damaged' clothing items on zombies like motorcycle helmet and leathers to make certain zombies different.

While military zombies should be hard too, kevlar fatigues, bullet proof vests.

However to keep the game being difficult that stuff shouldn't be loot able/ maybe they could make it loot able but you a 100% chance of a severe infection when you take and wear clothing items from zombies.

I would like a bit more sense to the loot aswell in terms of, motorbike leathers that spawn with the motorbike, guns spawning with an empty mag.

Military zombies have a rare chance of spawning with a pistol in its holster.

Sensible things, but the items should be minimalistic and often carry large amounts of disease.

When you put an infected clothing item on it could say, "this TTsKo shirt feels intensely itchy." As an example of prewarning, so players can get the hint and learn in the future.

Edited by AP_Norris
  • Like 2

I am for the Zeds having some sort of loot system in place on them.  Killing civilian zeds will have a chance at looting clothing of some sort, basic supplies, etc.  While the Military zeds will give you a chance at looting ammo, military clothing/body armor, etc.  I think this would work out pretty well, if done right.  I do not believe every zed killed should have a loot item available to the person who kills it.. I think there should be a chance that loot, say 25% chance, that loot will be available from the dead zed.  

And I do like the idea from AP_Norris about the infectious disease that can be carried and transferred from looting items from zeds.. That'll make the disinfectants all that much more prized.  :)

• Like 1

I'd like zed-loot, even if it was purely random. There was something about this having been left out because of server resources or something, wasn't there? But that would most likely only concern zed's with fully fledged inventories, not so much post-death random loot.

I don't know. I don't think I'd want anything a diseased corpse was carrying around with it.
Especially if there was a risk of infection.

zombies need to drop loot...

If this means that the number of zombies on the server would be drastically reduced I would very much prefer a higher number of zombies. Zombie loot would be mostly useless stuff (especially when ruined and badly damaged things aren't working anymore).

So I voted no. Would much rather have larger zombie hordes than the ability to find a ruined hat or a ruined can of spaghetti.

If this means that the number of zombies on the server would be drastically reduced I would very much prefer a higher number of zombies. Zombie loot would be mostly useless stuff (especially when ruined and badly damaged things aren't working anymore).

So I voted no. Would much rather have larger zombie hordes than the ability to find a ruined hat or a ruined can of spaghetti.

I am not so certain it would need to reduce number of zombies. My guess is that it would depend on how this would be implemented - for example, are the zeds treated as havin the loot on them, or is the loot actually spawned at zombie's death. And I don't quite see how the later option would demand drastic resources. But then again, this guesswork.

• Like 1

the military zombies should drop helmets.

I agree with having loot on a % of zombies.

But a big NO on military items on military zombies.

Military zombies should only have no ammo or a handguns or anything like that. But have a chance of finding damage canteen, walkie talkie, bandages,map, compass, watch just small items other things would of fallen off and damaged as pockets rip from the weather exposers and fr been worn all the time.

And civilians just have rags, watch, money (useless but makes you remember the pass) wallet, phone (doesn't work), a pen and paper and a note to love ones on it but very hard to read from been in the weather.

But if this will make the game have less zombies and not as hard then what I said isn't important as I prefer them to be a big part of the game.

I would want to see certain 'damaged' clothing items on zombies like motorcycle helmet and leathers to make certain zombies different.

While military zombies should be hard too, kevlar fatigues, bullet proof vests.

However to keep the game being difficult that stuff shouldn't be loot able/ maybe they could make it loot able but you a 100% chance of a severe infection when you take and wear clothing items from zombies.

I would like a bit more sense to the loot aswell in terms of, motorbike leathers that spawn with the motorbike, guns spawning with an empty mag.

Military zombies have a rare chance of spawning with a pistol in its holster.

Sensible things, but the items should be minimalistic and often carry large amounts of disease.

When you put an infected clothing item on it could say, "this TTsKo shirt feels intensely itchy." As an example of prewarning, so players can get the hint and learn in the future.

Yeh that's it. Listen to this guy! Good ideas.

• Like 1

I said yes to both questions, but I would like to add that there should be a high chance that the loot is in ruined condition and if you're lucky it will be damaged or badly damaged. Remember any loot you find on them had been carried by a walking, rotting corpse.

• Like 1