Sign in to follow this  
Zedicologist

Big server optimization and more zombies incoming!

Link with the info?

I posted Rockets Tweet i dunno what more info you want?  Pretty much all there is atm.  Can you not see it?  If not check out rockets twitter @rocket2guns

I posted Rockets Tweet i dunno what more info you want?  Pretty much all there is atm.  Can you not see it?  If not check out rockets twitter @rocket2guns

There is no link and I use the official forums to find that sort of info.  It's sad when game companies can't even use their own forums to post info for the player base....

• Like 1

This is also another really cool statement from dean, see what you can make from this.

Dean Hall

'The new server profiling has helped us tremendously. We have a major bottleneck with variable and state assessment. Because we have so many objects in the world, the server is forced to spend vast amounts of resources checking everything to see if it needs to send updates. We knew this was some of the problem, but we'd never been able to truly profile a dedicated server "in the wild" before so we didn't know the true extent. The issue gets exponentially worse the more players are connected. During one very straightforward change the server FPS increased from 20 FPS to 30 FPS, which is very dramatic (previously we would get excited over a single frame increase). I'll keep everyone posted, but don't expect this for wednesdays patch.'

Anyone want to break this down for the more simple minded among us, me included.
View full context on Reddit 

Edited by africanhungergames
  • Like 1

There is no link and I use the official forums to find that sort of info.  It's sad when game companies can't even use their own forums to post info for the player base....

Well they post there patch notes on here.  And the devs give up to date stuff pretty much real time on twitter when they make improvements.  Its actually a lot easier ti use twitter.  A lot of the success of the game has been to do with Rocket and the devs connecting to people with social media.  More people playing this game use there facebook, twitter. reddit accounts more frequently than they visit the forums.  So it only makes sense.  

Oh gee, look at that, made today.....  Zed makes a thread, doesn't post a fucking link, I ask for a link.  Not difficult eh

Nobody aint got time to hold your hand dude ;)

I was looking at his twitter, saw a guy saying with more zombies comes the need for more ammo and instantly face palmed, i can get 500+ m4 rounds in a day

You are claiming that you use the official forums for info, yet complain that you cannot find the info you desire despite the fact that there is a whole forum section dedicated to it.  :huh:

Oh gee, look at that, made today.....  Zed makes a thread, doesn't post a fucking link, I ask for a link.  Not difficult eh

Well now you can take matters into your own hand and find information for yourself.  Stay classy.

• Like 1

Well now you can take matters into your own hand and find information for yourself.  Stay classy.

Yup, looked early this morning.  There was nothing.  Somebody makes a thread about it and I ask for a link because troll threads like this are made all the time.  Go jump down someone else's throat

Yup, looked early this morning.  There was nothing.  Somebody makes a thread about it and I ask for a link because troll threads like this are made all the time.  Go jump down someone else's throat

Wow you seem to bitch a lot.

I don't care about getting more zombies. They need to be fixed first before they start adding more. Zombies need to be totally redone..they need new sounds, the AI needs to not be so clunky, they need to stop going through walls, a dozen other things. Because right now the zombies are an annoyance instead of a proper threat. I'd rather see a town have 4-5 broken zombies like it does right now instead of 25 broken zombies.

Edited by stevebob

I don't care about getting more zombies. They need to be fixed first before they start adding more. Zombies need to be totally redone..they need new sounds, the AI needs to not be so clunky, they need to stop going through walls, a dozen other things. Because right now the zombies are an annoyance instead of a proper threat. I'd rather see a town have 4-5 broken zombies like it does right now instead of 25 broken zombies.

They have different people working on different projects.  If one crew gets done with there project they go ahead and release it.  Server Optimization is a big deal, i dunno why you would complain about that but whatever.  

Server Optimization is a big deal, i dunno why you would complain about that but whatever.  

Point out where I mentioned server optimization

I thought this was to discuss it since we cant comment on the dev tracker.

Nothing wrong with a bit of discussion is there ??

Actually i forgot i was on this terrible forum for a minute.

Of course there is something wrong with discussion, we only like childish insults and even worse memes pasted from the internet on this forum so if you want worth while debate look else where.

Edited by africanhungergames

I thought this was to discuss it since we cant comment on the dev tracker.

Nothing wrong with a bit of discussion is there ??

Actually i forgot i was on this terrible forum for a minute.

Of course there is something wrong with discussion, we only like childish insults and even worse memes pasted from the internet on this forum so if you want worth while debate look else where.

Hello there

You can chat about it to your hearts content here, I see no one stopping you. Its just that folk seem to be still missing the area.

If this forum is so unpalatable for you there are others. Reddit suits some over this one and Steam for many. Even then there are many other DAYZ based forums (fora?) that are freely available.

Also, if you see a post which upsets you and/or breaks any forum rules feel free to report them.

Rgds

LoK