doglover

More realistic infections

Hello friends,

Once again I have some great ideas, since the alpha has been released for the full version of the game. 
I'm disappointed in rocket. He claims to have employed a leading health professional, who claims to know about infections and diseases, but I'm seeing a lot of misinformation. For example, tetracycline antibiotics do not work to treat all infectionds. 

Tetracycline antibiotics should not be first line treatment for the majority of infections represented in the game. 

Further, a recent paper in nature has proven that honey is a more efficacious agent for the treatment of microbial infections, including fungus (http://www.nature.com/srep/2013/131003/srep02779/full/srep02779.html). 

For this reason, I believe that some cities (elektro, zeleno, but NOT CHERNO) should have beekeeping facilities available for players. Players should also have to find beekeeping suits to collect the sweet honey or else they get stung and a significant proportion (around 34.5%) are actually allergic to bees (Type III hypersensitivity with anaphylactic shock). This would also introduce an appropriate use for epi pens and the icu facilities seen in some of the hospitals (again, NOT CHERNO). 

I appreciate you taking the time to read this and I hope that changes can be made to reflect the real world in chernarus. I believe they will add the much needed complexity and depth to this game, as at the moment it's a bit too much run and gun.

Thank you and God bless

• Like 1

I should think the first stage would be for the Dev team to introduce all the maladies that could affect players onto the Experimental Servers - once they have them functioning as intended of course.  Then I would let the player's play around with them for a while a learn what they can and can't do.  Then I would investigate the feedback - "this is infection is too lethal, can't find enough medicine to fight it" etc, etc.  Then I would consider allowing us to find and gather certain natural resources in certain natural spots - herbs and the like, even honey if that is true (could be, I've just never heard that, but I'm no expert).  Then we could craft our own medicine that may or may not be as effective.

It's a good idea, just jumping the gun a little :)

• Like 2

I think they will add stuff like this, but this being alpha and all, stability is probably a #1 thing along with new content.

Hello friends,

Once again I have some great ideas, since the alpha has been released for the full version of the game. 

I'm disappointed in rocket. He claims to have employed a leading health professional, who claims to know about infections and diseases, but I'm seeing a lot of misinformation. For example, tetracycline antibiotics do not work to treat all infectionds. 

Tetracycline antibiotics should not be first line treatment for the majority of infections represented in the game. 

Further, a recent paper in nature has proven that honey is a more efficacious agent for the treatment of microbial infections, including fungus (http://www.nature.com/srep/2013/131003/srep02779/full/srep02779.html). 

For this reason, I believe that some cities (elektro, zeleno, but NOT CHERNO) should have beekeeping facilities available for players. Players should also have to find beekeeping suits to collect the sweet honey or else they get stung and a significant proportion (around 34.5%) are actually allergic to bees (Type III hypersensitivity with anaphylactic shock). This would also introduce an appropriate use for epi pens and the icu facilities seen in some of the hospitals (again, NOT CHERNO). 

I appreciate you taking the time to read this and I hope that changes can be made to reflect the real world in chernarus. I believe they will add the much needed complexity and depth to this game, as at the moment it's a bit too much run and gun.

Thank you and God bless

I like your ideas here.

I would personally like for the risk of infection being a lot higher in the game, from penetrating wounds to the body. In a situation such as in this game, where there are no emergency clinics or intensive care, just a simple infected wound can quickly become a huge hazard. Just look at how many gun shot victims die from complications even after the bleeding has been stopped and the bullet removed.

I like your ideas here.

I would personally like for the risk of infection being a lot higher in the game, from penetrating wounds to the body. In a situation such as in this game, where there are no emergency clinics or intensive care, just a simple infected wound can quickly become a huge hazard. Just look at how many gun shot victims die from complications even after the bleeding has been stopped and the bullet removed.

It will become much higher. But it is a bit of a superflous discussion at the moment, since infection isn't even implemented in the game yet and we don't have any concrete evidence about how it will be done when it is.

• Like 1