colbykid

Server Hopping. Combat Loging. Ghost?

I have a question: What is server hopping, combat loging and ghost? Can someone tell me please?

Server hopping is the rapid switching of servers in order to quickly acquire loot (instead of waiting the long period(s) of time for it to respawn).

Combat logging is the process of logging out of the server whilst you are engaged in combat with another player.
Ghost(ing) is the process of, whilst in combat with another player, logging out of the server and switching to a new server, so one can move positions on the map without the danger of being killed by said other player (with whom one is engaged in combat with), in order to gain an advantage over said other player. It also falls under combat logging, in a sense. 

• Like 2

Server hopping is when you go to a high value loot area, loot it, then change to another server to loot it again, usually to get fully geared.  It's generally considered cheating/bad sportsmanship.

Combat logging is when you log out as soon as you're under attack in order to avoid being killed.  Also considered cheating/bad sportsmanship.

Ghosting is a bit harder to explain so I'll use an example:  You're inside a building, I see you through the door and you shoot at me but miss.  I get out of the way, log out, then go to another server.  After I load I move to where you were, usually behind you, then jump back onto the original server to kill you.  Again considered cheating/bad sportsmanship.

• Like 1