Sign in to follow this  
commanderbash

sks mods wishlist

what do you want to see as sks mods?(multiple choice)  

63 members have voted

1. 1. what do you want to see as sks mods?(multiple choices allowed)

• rear weaver adaptor(allows m4 style sights)
    • long range scope added back on
    • extended mag
    • compensator
    • supressor
    • front weaver rail(for weapon light and/or bipod)
    • other (explain in comments)
    • paintable (like mosin)

though I wish they'd allow the long range scope on the sks, If that's not the role they'll allow I would like to see the following mods:

rear weaver rail adaptor- lets you mount any m4 optic onto the sks

extended mag(20 rounds) - another popular aftermarket part for the sks

compensator - either a crafting option (MacGyver) with the mosin compensator or its very own

front weaver rail - allows mounting of bipod and or weapon flashlight (requires screwdriver to mount?)

paintable like the mosin

if anyone wants something I didn't list on the poll, just put that in the comments

and of course, all things within reason.

vote and discuss to keep this thread alive

Edited by commanderbash
  • Like 1

The paint is already done for the sks

• Like 2

great! glad they got the paint mod setup for it, and big mike, if you want a red dot, throw a vote on the rear weaver rail adaptor. if that was a piece you could add it'd let you throw any of the m4 optics on the sks, such as the two red dot sights :)

Personally not a fan of any silencer being in the game for any weapon.. Just makes avoiding zombies easier really and if you need alot of shots for trying to kill someone at long range that they have time to find out where youre at... well than you should be a better shot....

You want to be quiet? heres an axe....

Suggestions for attachments though... Bipod and bayonet(that works)

Edited by cels

LONG RANGE SCOPE( I don't care if kids can no scope all day with the sks , it is a rifle and therefore deserves a chance to be scoped ) suppressors for sure , and definitely red dot aight for automatic rifles , maybe not the sks though , on second thought red dot should be attachable to anything .

Edited by Grapefruit kush

depending on how the suppressors eventually become implemented, there's a lot of realistic factors that would self balance adding a suppressor.

7.62x39 are supersonic, so you would still hear the sonic crack of the shot, a suppressor would only reduce how far away you could hear where the shot came from.

7.62x39 are almost non existent as subsonic, excluding reloading circles, but even if they were added it wouldn't cycle the rifle(would have to manually cycle), would have about 1/3 the muzzle energy, and would drop significantly more per unit of distance.

if compensators are added, choosing between shooting more accurately and reducing your shots heard distance from 300m to 200m will probably be a no brainer for most.

LONG RANGE SCOPE( I don't care if kids can no scope all day with the sks , it is a rifle and therefore deserves a chance to be scoped ) suppressors for sure , and definitely red dot aight for automatic rifles , maybe not the sks though , on second thought red dot should be attachable to anything .

I was pretty sure the Devs said that the PU scope could be equipped.  The SKS seems have an effective firing range of 400 meters, so I'm not sure a Long Range Scope makes much sense.

No LRS, once they fix the PU scope's zoom I'm sure it will more than enough for it's intended purpose. 

At the moment it's in the middle ground between the m4 and mosin, jack of all trades master of none, and sort of like a poor mans DMR. Clear advantages and disadvantages. 

i voted for an extended mag because it's a very simple modification, although i dunno how easy it would be to get US made aftermarket parts in a post soviet state, either way they would be very rare and not military spawns. Not sure about 30 round mags, but 20 would increase the guns usefulness without making it too desirable over an assault rifle. would require a screwdriver. 

Same with the compensator - i actually would rather they increase the mosin's accuracy and remove it's compensator, while adding a compensator for the SKS. It would make more sense as the muzzle brake reduces recoil allowing for quicker followup shots, it doesn't increase accuracy of single shots. 

paintable is a given. 

other aftermarket parts are blegh, weapons should have adaptability for a variety of situations of course, but with an LRS, extended mag and bipod it'd basically be used as a DMR, albeit with reduced accuracy, which is subject to change. 

in response to -karma-

easier to see what your shooting at. currently all sights have a major handicap, a 3.5x PU scope has a magnification of 1.39x , the acogs x4 is actually 1.54x, and although I can't find the magnification of the long range scope it's around 4-6x. I'd be happy using the PU if it actually had 3.5 magnification, but it doesn't. so i'll take the next best thing. the long range scope.

Edited by commanderbash
  • Like 1

in response to -karma-

easier to see what your shooting at. currently all sights have a major handicap, a 3.5x PU scope has a magnification of 1.39x , the acogs x4 is actually 1.54x, and although I can't find the magnification of the long range scope it's around 4-6x. I'd be happy using the PU if it actually had 3.5 magnification, but it doesn't. so i'll take the next best thing. the long range scope.

Sure, I hear what you're saying - I wasn't considering that.  But I'm pretty sure, as someone above said, that fixes will come in for the scopes in the game already that aren't functioning properly so it wouldn't be needed at the point.  Seen from the flip side of that coin, I suppose if no fixes are coming then allowing the LR Scope to attach would make sense.

Is weaver sights Acog style?

If so you should have to use that for the current long range.

Bayonet and clips would be great.

Don't own a gun in real life, but as far as I know the SKS's factory magazine isn't easily removable (thus the stripper clips), but they sell detachable mags for them.  Maybe have a few extended/detachable mags for the SKS as well?  I've seen some websites selling 100 round SKS mags.

Don't own a gun in real life, but as far as I know the SKS's factory magazine isn't easily removable (thus the stripper clips), but they sell detachable mags for them.  Maybe have a few extended/detachable mags for the SKS as well?  I've seen some websites selling 100 round SKS mags.

i don't own one, but i was linked to a few sks detachable modification videos. all you need is a screwdriver, and the new mag, it's pretty simple, so if they make it a crafting thing, yeah man.

They have feeding issues so 100 round ones would jam alot if implemented, but a 20-30 round extended mag would be sweet, and you'd have the option to reload with the stripper clips on the current mag or with a fresh mag. 

would work well if they're soopa rare. 

if these guys can do it lol

Edited by Capo

Yeah, the intro card where they were pig hunting didn't exactly strike confidence in me.  I plan to buy an SKS after I get all the permits and such in order and can afford one.  Think I'll just stick with the factory mag and stripper clips IRL.  Though I'll probably get a bayonet online and attach it when no one's looking.

Is weaver sights Acog style?

different optics can attach to a weapon in different ways, about a hundred years back Mr weaver thought to make a rail that can universally accept optics. the optics on the m4 in dayz SA use the weaver rail system to attach the red dots sights, acog, and buis. the mosin and the sks don't have this universal adapter rail by default and require special/unique attachment systems to mount optics, but there are plenty of aftermarket adapters that let you slide on a weaver rail to an sks no problem.

its a little hard to explain to someone that doesn't know that much about gun stuff. the idea of having this adapter is so the sks could just use all the sights the m4 has instead of making special red dot sights that only fit the sks or whatever.

:edit: I changed the poll to say accepts m4 style sights, hopefully that is more novice friendly

Edited by commanderbash
  • Like 1

different optics can attach to a weapon in different ways, about a hundred years back Mr weaver thought to make a rail that can universally accept optics. the optics on the m4 in dayz SA use the weaver rail system to attach the red dots sights, acog, and buis. the mosin and the sks don't have this universal adapter rail by default and require special/unique attachment systems to mount optics, but there are plenty of aftermarket adapters that let you slide on a weaver rail to an sks no problem.

its a little hard to explain to someone that doesn't know that much about gun stuff. the idea of having this adapter is so the sks could just use all the sights the m4 has instead of making special red dot sights that only fit the sks or whatever.

Oh, no I'm okay with guns.

I just needed to know that, the long range actually uses the weaver railing and I was thinking if they add an adaptor they could make it harder for people to make a sniper with the Mosin.

I was asking because I knew the Acog was the same style rail as all the scopes in the game except for the PU scope.

Mmmm, I thought it would still be non detachable, you just change it and have to load it with a few extra clips/ lots of putting rounds in.

there's non detachable extended mags as well, and for the sake of simplicity I'd say just use that if its implemented. PU and long range scope don't use weaver mounts in the game, and although I'm a fan of letting anything fit be put on, sort of Blacklight:Retribution style, there's a point where game developers want to achieve a certain balance. so if they want to prevent people attempting to use the sks as some sort of marksman rifle that's fine, but give some better options then that PU scope to throw on it.

I think the balance should base itself more on reality.

Real life has the perfect balance that dayZ needs.

I don't want COD shotguns because they keep beating someones AR at five metres, that's why the sawed off spread is wrong.

I would like reality down to the finest detail, or at least eventually.

For now the long range scope works on the Mosin, but hopefully we will have CZ 550 type hunting guns soon.

Edited by AP_Norris
  • Like 1

Jep

I would like to have a bipod, compensator, EM and a ACOG Sight on there. Would make a nice DMR.

JumpinJax

Oh and btw:

Irish I've been watching you..... :)

EDIT: I forgot that I'd also like a Ghillie Netting that I could put on the SKS (and other Rifles). Maybe craftable. And of course a Ghillie Suit but thats offtopic.

Edited by JumpinJax

oh shiet.

GRO is loosing players.

and DayZ is winning some.

:)