cortez (DayZ)

EPM Rcon Tool 0.9.9.9 Changelog and Information

wuggp2.png

Current Version: 0.9.9.9 (Beta)

Requires .Net Framework 4 Full (Not Client Profile)

Please post your bug reports/comments/discussions/feature requests on the forum. If I don't reply to you for some reason you can email me at cortez@epm-gaming.co.uk

3amph.png

Current Features:
- Resizeable and easy to use Chat/Log Box with 3 tabs (All, Chat, and Log) and a search function.
- Resizeable and sortable table of players.
- Send global message.
- Send private message to player.
- Ban player with variable length. (Works even if they disconnect while you're typing your reason)
- Kick player.
- Custom Ban Message
- Admin Names in chat
- Scroll throught previously sent messages
- Add ban.
- Reload bans.
- Table of bans.
- Remove ban.
- Favourites.
- DNS Support.
- Shutdown.
- Restart.
- Reload Scripts & Events.
- Log saving.
- Toggle-able timestamps.
- Lock & Unlock.
- Get and set Max Ping.
- Global database of players.
- Local database of players.
- Auto log saving.
- AutoUpdate! Note: Versions below 0.9.2.2 will not update above.

Planned Features:

Changelog:

Beta 0.9.9.9
Currently writing up the changelog
Will be added soon!

Beta 0.9.9.7
- General Code Cleanup.
- Added the ability to reload scripts and events at the same time with a single button press.
- Added the ability to clone existing favourites.
- Changed some DNS settings for the global DB and our auto updater.
- Fixed a bug with the Notifications being triggered by admin messages.
- Added the ability to scroll through previously sent chat messages.
- Added country locations of players in the players table.
- Fixed a bug that caused the rcon to run with a 100% CPU Usage.

Beta 0.9.9.6
- General stability of the rcon has been improved. Made massive changes to the Bnet Lib to make it more stable.
- Added a donation button.
- Added Admin names to messages.
- Fixed some of the BattlEye commands.
- Fixed an issue with settings.xml.
- Fixed an issue with TS3 Messages .

Beta 0.9.7.0
- General stability of the rcon has been improved. You will no long see random "Connection Lost" messages.
- Added a player note system to the private database.
- Changed the way the "Test Connection" works for the TS3 Connection.

Beta 0.9.6.0
- Added a Private database of players.
- Added support for notifications with configurable words and cooldown.
- Ability to launch and connect to your server via command line. Switches are -ip=address -password=password -port=port.
- Removed disconnect / connection lost messages from the chat tab.
- Added admin tab to show ips and ports of all connected admins.
- Added Missions tab.
- Ability to load missions from the missions tab.
- Added comment system to local database.
- Added the ability to minimize the rcon to the notification tray.
- Added option to play a sound, flash the window and a TS3 notification when someone uses the !admin or any configured word.
- Added the ability to set custom ban messages.
- Added the ability to connect to a Ts3 server.
- Added the ability to issue ingame commands using the prefix # before your command. Example #missions to select a mission.
- Added the ability to send BE Commands using the prefix ! before your command. Example !say test will send the message test.

Beta 0.9
- Changed line breaks to play nice with Windows Notepad.
- Added a global database of players.
- Added a local database of players.
- Added AutoUpdate.
- Added more options.
- Added auto log saving.
- Upgraded settings to version 1.1, more user preferences are now remembered.

Beta 0.8.1
- Fixed mouseover scrolling.
- Fixed an unhandled exception when searching for a ban before loading the list.
- Added a confirmation when shutting down the server.
- Added a confirmation when restarting the server.
- Added the ability to (Re)load createvehicle.txt, remoteexec.txt and publicvariable.txt.
- Added the ability to set maxping.
- Maxping is now shown on the status strip.
- Added the ability to save current log while not connected to a server.
- Added the ability to toggle the automatic deletion of expired temp bans.
- Fixed some bugs and unhandled exceptions in the Edit Favourites window.
- Fixed tab orders.
- The Add Ban window no longer prevents the user from interacting with anything else.

Known Issue: Connection duplication on reconnect.

Beta 0.8
- Fixed ban list being populated with players.
- Player list now refreshes every 10 seconds (up from 5). This will be configurable in the future.
- Tweaked auto-scroll behaviour.
- Fixed player count not updating after the last player leaves. (For real this time.)
- Added toggle-able timestamps.
- Added the ability to save current log to file.
- Fixed a crash when connected to a high pop server. (50+)
- Added Lock & Unlock.

Beta 0.7.1
- Fixed player count not updating after the last player leaves.
- Fixed an issue caused by the player list triggering a ban list update.
- Fixed an issue when attempting to copy a blank GUID.
- Fixed GUIDs sometimes not being recognised.
- Mouseover scrolling now plays nice when you have text selected in All/Chat/Log.
- Added Reload Scripts.
- Added Shutdown.
- Added Restart. (Seems a tad unreliable.)

Beta 0.7
- Added table of bans, search, and the ability to remove bans.
- The player table no longer clears if the server sends a bad player list.

Beta 0.6 - First public release
- Added hotkeys to "Connect to..." and "Disconnect"
- Fixed player list not clearing after the last player leaves
- Enabled maximize button
- Cleaned up disconnection handling a bit more - stay tuned for further improvements
- Dialog windows no longer show in the taskbar
- More mouseover improvements
- Added FAVOURITES!

Thanks to:
- Marcel de Vries, author of the BattleNET library.

Edited by cortez

this seems to work fine ( only used it bout an hour) but msg and kick works, havnt tried banning anyone yet :) dno how the max ping works yet tho

To be honest, I would have liked to see this linked direct from an FTP host, or a direct DL link from your webspace.  Seems a bit shamless to force users to first stop at your site, then click a second link to get to the download--but it's easy enough I guess.  Maybe just something to think about in future posts  :D

Scanned the file, and it's clean.  Will give it a shot and compare to DaRT if anyone's interested.  

Cheers for the post,  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Jimmy

Edited by TG ! Jimmy

Initial response:

Program is minimalist in design, which I am a huge fan of.  No need to add designs and colors etc. to an RCON client.  I like this.  Streamlined, doesn't make the user feel like they need to sift through 10 layers of menus to make things to be clearly presented.

I received an error immediately when selecting "more options" via the Options menu drop-down.  Error code at the bottom of this post. 

Screenshot (cropped player IPs, but they are listed via EPM RCON):

v0iiZsv.png

Error Code:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '0' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.Parameter name: Value   at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)   at EPM_DayZ_RCon_Tool_New.OptionsForm..ctor()   at EPM_DayZ_RCon_Tool_New.MainWindow.expandedOptionsToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

So far, this RCON client seems to have some potential to be quite nice.  My initial feedback from the POV of the Admin is that I like straightforward approach, and would love to see the ability for admin to define themselves (if you have X RCON admin logged in, and one speaks to the server no one will know who is speaking--perhaps allow each admin to be named).  I would also like to have the ability to customise "alert" words such as a player saying the word admin in-game.  DaRT does this nicely, and if the admin could edit this list to include other values it could be a handy tool.

Thanks for posting, will keep testing for you!

Cheers,

Jimmy

Edited by TG ! Jimmy
  • Like 1

To be honest, I would have liked to see this linked direct from an FTP host, or a direct DL link from your webspace.  Seems a bit shamless to force users to first stop at your site, then click a second link to get to the download--but it's easy enough I guess.  Maybe just something to think about in future posts  :D

Scanned the file, and it's clean.  Will give it a shot and compare to DaRT if anyone's interested.  

Cheers for the post,  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Jimmy

Only reason you have to download it from our forums is so we can track numbers :P

The files are hosted on armaholics aswell so you can grab them from there.

Initial response:

Program is minimalist in design, which I am a huge fan of.  No need to add designs and colors etc. to an RCON client.  I like this.  Streamlined, doesn't make the user feel like they need to sift through 10 layers of menus to make things to be clearly presented.

I received an error immediately when selecting "more options" via the Options menu drop-down.  Error code at the bottom of this post. 

Screenshot (cropped player IPs, but they are listed via EPM RCON):

v0iiZsv.png

Error Code:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '0' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.Parameter name: Value   at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)   at EPM_DayZ_RCon_Tool_New.OptionsForm..ctor()   at EPM_DayZ_RCon_Tool_New.MainWindow.expandedOptionsToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

So far, this RCON client seems to have some potential to be quite nice.  My initial feedback from the POV of the Admin is that I like straightforward approach, and would love to see the ability for admin to define themselves (if you have X RCON admin logged in, and one speaks to the server no one will know who is speaking--perhaps allow each admin to be named).  I would also like to have the ability to customise "alert" words such as a player saying the word admin in-game.  DaRT does this nicely, and if the admin could edit this list to include other values it could be a handy tool.

Thanks for posting, will keep testing for you!

Cheers,

Jimmy

Seems with releasing this new build it's brought back an old bug that was fixed many moons ago :P

To fix this issue please go to this file path: C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\EPM DayZ RCon Tool

In that folder please find an XML file named settings.xml

Open that file and change this value <Cooldown>0</Cooldown> to <Cooldown>15</Cooldown>

Save it then exit that config, once you reopen your rcon you should be able to enter more options.

As for the "Admin Names" i will be adding this into the next release as a few people have been requestion this feature now. Great thing about our tool compared to dart is the built in auto update feature. We can push out an update to all rcons and it will auto download and install. All the client has to do is click the accept button.

Otherwise nice tool but it doesn't fetch player database nor banlist.

Edited by JP__

Otherwise nice tool but it doesn't fetch player database nor banlist.

If you don't know how to use the database then you're going to run into issues, but it 100% fetches players in your database and the global database.

And it does fetch bans from the server.

Beta 0.9.9.6
- General stability of the rcon has been improved. Made massive changes to the Bnet Lib to make it more stable.
- Added a donation button
- Added Admin names to messages.
- Fixed some of the BattlEye commands
- Fixed an issue with settings.xml
- Fixed an issue with TS3 Messages

I'm really enjoying this tool as a long time user (sufferer) of DART. However I cannot ever seem to save my teamspeak server details, the connection tests fine but the server ip is defaulting back to 127.0.0.1 any time the settings dialog box is closed, regardless of if I click apply ok etc. The only other feature I was missing from DART is the flags per IP address. 

Derp looks like it was just because I was using the domain name instead of the IP, it tested successfully but never saved with the domain, now I'm using the IP it looks to be working as intended. 

My banlist doesnt seem to want to load but it never did properly in dart either (10k+ bans). Thanks for a great tool DaRT has been driving me crazy recently this seems much better.

I'm really enjoying this tool as a long time user (sufferer) of DART. However I cannot ever seem to save my teamspeak server details, the connection tests fine but the server ip is defaulting back to 127.0.0.1 any time the settings dialog box is closed, regardless of if I click apply ok etc. The only other feature I was missing from DART is the flags per IP address. 

Derp looks like it was just because I was using the domain name instead of the IP, it tested successfully but never saved with the domain, now I'm using the IP it looks to be working as intended. 

My banlist doesnt seem to want to load but it never did properly in dart either (10k+ bans). Thanks for a great tool DaRT has been driving me crazy recently this seems much better.

Glad to see we have another person convert from Dart to our rcon tool :P

It seems with the 0.9.9.6 one block of code didn't make it for some odd reason which was ment to make that "Test Connection" button work a little better and save the settings if it connection was sucsessful.

The banlist issue is not something that can be fixed by the rcon programs sadly, i will bug bastian a little harder but its a massive issue with battleye. This is the sole reason Dart had that dart relay server thing for the banlist.

Before i forget i will see if i can allow ts to connect with the domain name aswell, don't see why it should be an issue so ill get that done and push a small hotfix out.

Glad to see we have another person convert from Dart to our rcon tool :P

It seems with the 0.9.9.6 one block of code didn't make it for some odd reason which was ment to make that "Test Connection" button work a little better and save the settings if it connection was sucsessful.

The banlist issue is not something that can be fixed by the rcon programs sadly, i will bug bastian a little harder but its a massive issue with battleye. This is the sole reason Dart had that dart relay server thing for the banlist.

Before i forget i will see if i can allow ts to connect with the domain name aswell, don't see why it should be an issue so ill get that done and push a small hotfix out.

It's been great to use much more stable and superior to DaRT. 

I do have one question. I had this problem in DaRT too after a server format, so I'm sure its not a problem with EPM. However I can't figure it out and its a little annoying. When my server restarts my rcon client never reconnects when running locally from the server, DART did the same thing even with the auto reconnect option ticked. EPM just thinks the server is still down until I manually hit f9 and reconnect after a restart. 

Can you think of anything which might cause this? I only started seeing the issue after a server format but can't for the life of me figure out what could possibly cause it. 

It's been great to use much more stable and superior to DaRT. 

I do have one question. I had this problem in DaRT too after a server format, so I'm sure its not a problem with EPM. However I can't figure it out and its a little annoying. When my server restarts my rcon client never reconnects when running locally from the server, DART did the same thing even with the auto reconnect option ticked. EPM just thinks the server is still down until I manually hit f9 and reconnect after a restart. 

Can you think of anything which might cause this? I only started seeing the issue after a server format but can't for the life of me figure out what could possibly cause it. 

What OS is running on the server? I'm going to assume its Windows Server 2012? or even the R2?

I've been having the exact same issue with my windows 8 / 2012 R2 machine, the rcon fails to reconnect after a server restart but oddly enough i have a windows 7 test machine set up and running on the server via Hyper V and it can auto reconnect with no issues. Up time on the windows 7 machine was 5 days before i considered the rcon stable and released this version :P

I'll see if i can figure out the reason it never reconnects on 8 / 2012 but does on windows 7. I would assume assume it runs fine on server 2008 and i might set up a hyper v test machine on the main server for that aswell.

What OS is running on the server? I'm going to assume its Windows Server 2012? or even the R2?

I've been having the exact same issue with my windows 8 / 2012 R2 machine, the rcon fails to reconnect after a server restart but oddly enough i have a windows 7 test machine set up and running on the server via Hyper V and it can auto reconnect with no issues. Up time on the windows 7 machine was 5 days before i considered the rcon stable and released this version :P

I'll see if i can figure out the reason it never reconnects on 8 / 2012 but does on windows 7. I would assume assume it runs fine on server 2008 and i might set up a hyper v test machine on the main server for that aswell.

It is indeed 2012 R2, the strange thing with this problem is that when I originally set my dedicated server up, on the same OS I didn't ever see the issue. It was only after a format and reinstallation of things that it seemed to happen. I only see it when connecting from the same host, via either 127.0.0.1 or the external ip. 

Thanks for the helpful responses, if there's anything I can do to help test this problem just let me know. For now i'll try and stick a lazy workaround in place to hit the F9 key followed by enter after each restart ;)

Edited by seaweed

It is indeed 2012 R2, the strange thing with this problem is that when I originally set my dedicated server up, on the same OS I didn't ever see the issue. It was only after a format and reinstallation of things that it seemed to happen. I only see it when connecting from the same host, via either 127.0.0.1 or the external ip. 

Thanks for the helpful responses, if there's anything I can do to help test this problem just let me know. For now i'll try and stick a lazy workaround in place to hit the F9 key followed by enter after each restart ;)

Well you could automate the whole process, im sure you have automated restarts in place so set it up so bec runs another batch file on restart called EPM RCon or what ever name you want. Inside the batch file include the following "EPM RCon Tool.exe" -ip=address -password=password -port=port

That will allow you to automatically open up and connect to a server without any interaction from yourself. That way after every restart your rcon will always be connected to the server.

I will also double check to make sure it's not the rcon causing the issue and will try and pinpoint what causes the issue with server 2012 / R2.

Well you could automate the whole process, im sure you have automated restarts in place so set it up so bec runs another batch file on restart called EPM RCon or what ever name you want. Inside the batch file include the following "EPM RCon Tool.exe" -ip=address -password=password -port=port

That will allow you to automatically open up and connect to a server without any interaction from yourself. That way after every restart your rcon will always be connected to the server.

I will also double check to make sure it's not the rcon causing the issue and will try and pinpoint what causes the issue with server 2012 / R2.

Thanks that's a simpler work around and its working great. 

One thing I have been struggling to do is add multiple teamspeak admins, when I add just one UID it works, however multiple teamspeak users always seems to result in all but the first one being removed when I close the options.

I've tried all these formats so far:

<teamspeakID>:<username>:<teamspeakID2>:<username2>:<teamspeakID3>:<username3>:

<teamspeakID>:<teamspeakid2>:<teamspeakid3>:

<teamspeakID>:<username>:<teamspeakID2>:<username2>:<teamspeakID3>:<username3>

<teamspeakID>:<teamspeakid2>:<teamspeakID3>

Wasn't sure if it was one of the characters in the teamspeak ids themselves causing the issue. I can give you a copy of the id's if it helps. 

I was also hoping to use a private database on my sql server rather than the applications own one as the information is very useful for me to have for some other stuff. However enabling the "send to private option" after entering SQL connection details, doesn't seem to result in anything being added to the SQL server. I was just running it on a blank database, is there a table I need to import first before I can use the private option? 

Edited by seaweed

Thanks that's a simpler work around and its working great. 

One thing I have been struggling to do is add multiple teamspeak admins, when I add just one UID it works, however multiple teamspeak users always seems to result in all but the first one being removed when I close the options.

I've tried all these formats so far:

<teamspeakID>:<username>:<teamspeakID2>:<username2>:<teamspeakID3>:<username3>:

<teamspeakID>:<teamspeakid2>:<teamspeakid3>:

<teamspeakID>:<username>:<teamspeakID2>:<username2>:<teamspeakID3>:<username3>

<teamspeakID>:<teamspeakid2>:<teamspeakID3>

Wasn't sure if it was one of the characters in the teamspeak ids themselves causing the issue. I can give you a copy of the id's if it helps. 

I was also hoping to use a private database on my sql server rather than the applications own one as the information is very useful for me to have for some other stuff. However enabling the "send to private option" after entering SQL connection details, doesn't seem to result in anything being added to the SQL server. I was just running it on a blank database, is there a table I need to import first before I can use the private option? 

I only allow one person to be added to the teamspeak currently, that means if you want to have the messages go to multiple people they will need to have their own rcon open and connected to teamspeak.

As for the private database, if you have filled out all the information correctly and have just created a blank DB with no tables the rcon should find and connect to that database and auto create the needed tables and sould then start to populate the tables with data from the server.

To make it easier for me if u need more support create an account on my forums and post over there as i check those threads more often than here.

Forums are http://www.epm-gaming.co.uk/forum/

I've been using this for about two weeks and it works great! 

Thanks, happy you're enjoying the tool.

As a small update, i've added the ability to find out which country players are from on your server. I've not made my mind up on how this information should be shown but i am thinking it might be an idea to had it placed in the same window as the player name,guid and IP.

The global database is not working as effective as it should be, we have ran into an issue with the amount of connections using the database and we are working to move the database to a better server and store the database in a different format.

My EPM doesn't load the datebase of players. I also get some weird error when I go to Options then More Options. 

Error:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. 

Value of '0' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.

My EPM doesn't load the datebase of players. I also get some weird error when I go to Options then More Options. 

Error:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. 

Value of '0' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.

Find this file path C:\Users\youruseraccount\AppData\Roaming\EPM DayZ RCon Tool

Open settings.xml

change

<Cooldown>0</Cooldown>

to

<Cooldown>15</Cooldown>

As for database it should load and have not come across anything ever to stop it from loading, are you sure you're doing it right? there is an option to display different types of database ie local,private or global.

Yeah I am.. it just never loads the database of players or anything.. I have to use dart.

Ok i tried to see banlist and player db, i can't. What can i possibly do wrong in there? Now i have to use dart to see playerdb, it doesn't also show bans.

Under the Database tab -> Display. What option do you have selected?

I am able to see local,global and my private database with no issues.

Make sure you're using version 0.9.9.6