Sign in to follow this  
cj14

Windows XP

I've met some folks who haven't bought the game because they are using Windows XP and minimum required is Windows Vista...In case you're one of those folks. I use Windows XP and it runs just fine <3 so go buy and play

• Like 2

Now we need someone to go even further into deeps of hell.

But srsly that is some great news, what's the fps like? Using any software boosters? Graphics card & processor?

are you using a windows xp 64 bit edition? 

i'm honestly quite pleased/surprized. 

Here you go, I don't use any other software, FPS are quite good on a PC with better card than mine. With my specs I can run it on Normal/Low with decent FPS rate, the ONLY trouble I've found is that you cannot disable VSync in case you want

5dyg5Dn.png

*sniff*

The feeling I get when I see a Windows XP with better parts than my Windows 7 is :(

Keep in mind the support for XP will end soon, thus no security updates.

there has never been support for XP but, still...I have a notebook that runs Win7

Oh! I thought you meant DayZ support for XP lol

Just wanted to prevent you XP users from being part of a botnet in the near future :)

• Like 1

There is no DayZ support for XP.

We have had many people posting in the Troubleshooting Forum.

If you have errors while using XP there is nothing that the Dev team can do to solve the problem.

The game may run, just don't expect any support.

There is no DayZ support for XP.

We have had many people posting in the Troubleshooting Forum.

If you have errors while using XP there is nothing that the Dev team can do to solve the problem.

The game may run, just don't expect any support.

I don't... lol the game runs even better on my XP computer than on my Win7 computer, so I don't need any support, help or anything...I haven't encountered any errors at all <3

There are people who still use a twelve and a half year old O/S.  :|  :(

a 12 and a half year old OS that makes more sense than windows 8. 

just give us the fucking start bar microsoft, fuck off with your touch screen shite. 

a 12 and a half year old OS that makes more sense than windows 8. 

just give us the fucking start bar microsoft, fuck off with your touch screen shite. 

Windows 7 is pretty good though.  ;)

I am finding Windows 8 UI fantastic with a mouse to be honest. Just press the start button on the keyboard and start typing the program you want and press enter. Old start menu was more tedius in a way. But that's just my opinion :) All good if you guys prefer XP and 7.

Just press the start button on the keyboard and start typing the program you want and press enter.

You can do that in Vista/7 too.  :P

You can do that in Vista/7 too.  :P

Yea you can :) Was much better in Windows 7 than vista as far as I remember. But its even better in Windows 8.1. It's just smarter at finding the programs you want. But yea they were pretty much the same in that aspect you are right xD

I don't... lol the game runs even better on my XP computer than on my Win7 computer, so I don't need any support, help or anything...I haven't encountered any errors at all <3

Fine, in future I will send the people that are having trouble your way so you can solve their problems.

The advice you are giving is bad.