Sign in to follow this  
ImmunePower

Should there be more gun holsters?

Holsters  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be more holsters in DayZ Standalone?

• Yes, it would be great.
    • No, it is kind of pointless.
    • Maybe, it is half and half.
  2. 2. If so how rare? (higher % more rare, lower % less rare)

• 75%-100%
    • 50%-75%
    • 25%-50%
    • 0%-25%

I think different holsters, belts, vests with holster and rick-kits (Rick from TWD has a sick belt) should be added. This would help with inventory stuffz. It's better also because you can have a tactical vest and a pistol holster. In general some of these should be rare. It also looks cool.

post-190020-0-87227700-1391367875_thumb. post-190020-0-25755600-1391367882_thumb. post-190020-0-95828900-1391367885_thumb. post-190020-0-01513200-1391367890_thumb.

• Like 11

more diversity is allways welcome. Also, concealment for under the throusers for say, a knife.

i say yes, also for stuff like knifes.

but they also need to add a time difference it takes to get an item out of backpack or holster.

you cant get a weapon out of a big backpack while walking in the same to you get it out of your holster.

• Like 3

i say yes, also for stuff like knifes.

but they also need to add a time difference it takes to get an item out of backpack or holster.

you cant get a weapon out of a big backpack while walking in the same to you get it out of your holster.

With the current inventory system, additional holsters would be pointless.

That being said: I agree with what I quoted above exactly.

Quivers and multi-knife belt holsters too.

But all of this is pointless if I can grab a stack of ten arrows out of my backpack as quickly as i could a quiver, but I can't wear a backpack while i'm wearing a quiver etc.

• Like 1

I'd just add two more kinds - a hip holster (with belt) and a leg holster.  Both would attach like the chest holster does, but with the added benefit that no other piece of gear would currently occupy that slot.  I guess perhaps you could say a leg holster wouldn't work with the high ankle boots or rubber boots, and I'd imagine eventually we may see some kind of belts so likely it wouldn't stay a benefit that long.  But keep it simply - just three types is fine, let's not go crazy :)

• Like 1

I think it's a great idea and should make an appearance soon , even if people think its "pointless" (which extra space is never pointless but whatever ) it still can be a great accessory for looks

I think you should have to find a proper holster before you can carry a second weapon.

Being able to just stick an axe to your back is ridiculous, IMO.

Holsters and straps should be somewhat rare, but you could also craft a makeshift strap from some rope so you can use a second weapon early on without getting frustrated not being able to find a proper strap/holster.

Great post. I'd love to see some holster variations. Maybe the ability to equip 2 at one time? Who knows! lol.

• Like 1

I'd love a leg holster for my FNX so I can get it out of my inventory :)

agree about the leg holster as long as it was in addition to current clothing hard points, also what about a holster bonus to getting the gun out, I mean that's what they're there for, so you can the shortest time possible to getting your gun. not like your routing around in a pelican case in your backpack for it.

• Like 1

agree about the leg holster as long as it was in addition to current clothing hard points, also what about a holster bonus to getting the gun out, I mean that's what they're there for, so you can the shortest time possible to getting your gun. not like your routing around in a pelican case in your backpack for it.

I had assumed there would be some kind of animation speed difference in pulling items from say vests and holsters, as opposed to out of backpacks.  I've seen other posts calling for this as well.  Nothing game breaking, but there should be a difference.

• Like 1

look at ma siggy ;)

i already got the legholster covered.

and PLEASE.

when mentioning "lgeholster", do NOT forget to link Mad Max to it.

One does not simply say "leg holster" without mentioning Mad Max.

Mad Max legholster for the sawn off shotgun.

Belt-holster like clinty has.

also a "rain"-poncho.

chris torchia already told me, that they are discussing about legholsters, and how hard it is to implement those.

Here is the madmax-holster:

MadMax2RoadWarrior01.jpg

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

Wouldn't mind seeing underarm holsters, waist holsters, leg holsters.

Possible double holsters of all them.

Maybe one day we might be able to dual wield stuff, I should still be more accurate with most players that carry the M4 anyway XD

Maybe just shooting pistols with the left hand as well, and allow pistol in opposite hand to reload as you continue to pick off zombies.

Yes. I'd love to see some kind of modular gun belt, that you could put a pouch or two on, plus a pistol/revolver holster to add more slots. Doesn't have to be military either, look at what police and competition shooters use. 

Being able to just stick an axe to your back is ridiculous, IMO.

Well, I was going to mention about that. Until you find a rope or a backpack, two handed melee weapons should drop from your hand just like primary weapons do when you have one more at your back.

So ropes would be more valuable and attaching axe to your back would make sense.

• Like 1

I think rocket already somewhere said, that they want to make us able to hang guns/melee things on the backpack itself.^^

I think rocket already somewhere said, that they want to make us able to hang guns/melee things on the backpack itself.^^

I heard this as well.

Would be cool!

I just hope there is more holsters and straps in the future so I can properly hang my weapons from my back and not look like Grizzly Adams from The Last of US.

look at ma siggy ;)

i already got the legholster covered.

and PLEASE.

when mentioning "lgeholster", do NOT forget to link Mad Max to it.

One does not simply say "leg holster" without mentioning Mad Max.

Mad Max legholster for the sawn off shotgun.

Belt-holster like clinty has.

also a "rain"-poncho.

chris torchia already told me, that they are discussing about legholsters, and how hard it is to implement those.

Here is the madmax-holster:

Perhaps in the future players could craft custom holsters from pieces of animal leather, I'd love to being to have a holster for carrying a Sawn off Shotgun or an Obrez, heck even a Sawn off Repeater when it's possible.

Perhaps in the future players could craft custom holsters from pieces of animal leather, I'd love to being to have a holster for carrying a Sawn off Shotgun or an Obrez, heck even a Sawn off Repeater when it's possible.

Mare's Leg, fuck yeah! ;)