Z0mbi3z

Well done combat loggers and Server hoppers!

I just wanted to say well done to all you FUCK BAGS who combat log and server hop, You have made it so all us good players have to suffer the server wait times and the wait time to log off! You are all absolute ass holes and have no place in this game!

I just wanted to say well done to all you FUCK BAGS who combat log and server hop, You have made it so all us good players have to suffer the server wait times and the wait time to log off! You are all absolute ass holes and have no place in this game!

Frankly, you're stupid.

For a more elaborate response, at this point in the game's development they need people to find every exploit so a system that both prevents the exploits and doesn't interfere with non-exploiter's games can be found.

So if some guy finds a way to nuke a server - good - because then we know it won't happen at release.

• Like 12

It seems to me that server hopping as got very much worse since the lack of loot and the increase of night servers .

So what did the developers expect to happen when they implemented this change ?

There is no point blaming the peeps who bought the game to enjoy it, not every one understands the fact that the game is in Alpha testing mode, and a lot don't care ...they just want to enjoy the game since they paid quite a lot of money to have the game

And unfortunately,  that my friend is what you can expect

• Like 1

Personally I am more than willing to endure a little inconvenience if it means I might actually find some loot or not be shot in the face by someone who just logged in when I decide to journey across the map in search of valuable items.

Patch at the end of this week should see to a lot of this. Judging from the whiney posts already appearing the Combat Loggers/Ghosters/Server Jumping players are already feeling victimised.

Serves them right! Their blatant abuse of these exploits brought them front and centre as the number one priority for a fix by the Devs.

Roll on next weekend, I say.

PS: Details, details...

30 s log out timer... You log out IMMEDIATELY, but your character sits down in game for the full 30 s before being removed.

260 s Re-log timer if you weren't in your previous server for 30 minutes.

This is currently implemented on the Experimental; servers and is working as intended.

Edited by DJPorterNZ
  • Like 6

I don't get why everyone complains about the loot, I came across a Mosin (Pristine) and Shotgun (Pristine) in a house with two snap loaders within arms reach of each other, so I took one into my hands, loaded it, and ran all the way from basically Vybor to Dolina to give it to my friend...

Quit playing highly populated servers until you already have gear, because you won't find anything, QUIT going to the same spots everyone else goes too, quit being military gear dependent, the log out time does suck, don't get me wrong, but it is as easy as running off into the bushes and logging out, 30 seconds seems a bit extreme, I would say more of a 10-15 to keep players logging out from being taken advantage of.

I also have a screenshot of all the weapons.. when I came across the two I had an M4, FNX, and the 357 Magnum, I literally had every weapon in the game within arms reach. Gave the shotgun and FNX to my buddy, left the Mosin.

And the switching between servers I think as well is kind of extreme, that is a big turn off from playing the game, say you didn't realize it was a 3PP:OFF now you have to wait 30 minutes in there or log out and wait 5 minutes.

Say you are playing on an over-populated server and a buddy gets on too bad server is full, let me go link up on another with my pal, oh shit I can't I have to wait 'x' minutes.

For the log out timer I think your character should have 'God' mode on to prevent abuse and other future complaints such as, " I keep losing my server when I log off " because of banditry or a zed you didn't see coming before you logged out, ending in the death of your toon.

Edited by teufel937
  • Like 1

I don't get why everyone complains about the loot, I came across a Mosin (Pristine) and Shotgun (Pristine) in a house with two snap loaders within arms reach of each other, so I took one into my hands, loaded it, and ran all the way from basically Vybor to Dolina to give it to my friend...

Quit playing highly populated servers until you already have gear, because you won't find anything, QUIT going to the same spots everyone else goes too, quit being military gear dependent, the log out time does suck, don't get me wrong, but it is as easy as running off into the bushes and logging out, 30 seconds seems a bit extreme, I would say more of a 10-15 to keep players logging out from being taken advantage of.

I also have a screenshot of all the weapons.. when I came across the two I had an M4, FNX, and the 357 Magnum, I literally had every weapon in the game within arms reach. Gave the shotgun and FNX to my buddy, left the Mosin.

And the switching between servers I think as well is kind of extreme, that is a big turn off from playing the game, say you didn't realize it was a 3PP:OFF now you have to wait 30 minutes in there or log out and wait 5 minutes.

Say you are playing on an over-populated server and a buddy gets on too bad server is full, let me go link up on another with my pal, oh shit I can't I have to wait 'x' minutes.

For the log out timer I think your character should have 'God' mode on to prevent abuse and other future complaints such as, " I keep losing my server when I log off " because of banditry or a zed you didn't see coming before you logged out, ending in the death of your toon.

Yes this happens sometimes but, you can also go a good while without even finding an axe  even in under populated servers. It just seems very hit or miss at the moment. You can find 2 or 3 M4's in one building then not see another for hours.

It is a pretty minor wait time and if it bugs you that much you must be switching servers too often....

Op must be a logger/hopper himself, you're not fooling anyone here;).

I have to agree here. I see no reason why people that don't live/breath on combat logging would be mad at the new security measures.

Yes this happens sometimes but, you can also go a good while without even finding an axe  even in under populated servers. It just seems very hit or miss at the moment. You can find 2 or 3 M4's in one building then not see another for hours.

This is very true you can be very lucky and find loads in a short while but mostly you cannot, and when its bad its very bad, and you will nor survive if you stay on a single server

TBH I am fed up of these peeps saying things are easy,,,,, to have any chance to survive you have to log on to a smaller populated server and know which houses spawn all the loot, and hope its still there when you get there, or have friends to help you ,,,,,,other than that you cannot stay on the same server and survive simple

Edited by blueleader

I'm ok with log out timer but I'm not ok with the 30sec sit down thingy. It's more than obvious that Rocket haven't thought this through.

For example, I encountered a speedhacker a couple of days ago I decided to accept the challenge and fight him. But that impossible, he was punching and the next second was like a 100 meters away. This dragged like 5 minutes, punch and run, punch and run so on and so forth.

Mindless fanatics close their ears and try to discontinue my facts by saying this was just a desync problem or a glitch. Funny people.

BattleEye should be configured like SMAC, measuring values like speed and if someone exceeds the highest acceptable value then a ban should triggered.

@Rocket Just don't give in to crazy demands fanatics have. Satisfying the few in expense of the whole won't end up well.

260 s Re-log timer if you weren't in your previous server for 30 minutes.

Wait, what? What is this? Server hopping "fix"? I can still change server 13 times in an hour with this awesome fix. As I said earlier somwhere, timeouts/cooldowns are not a solution to anything.

I'm ok with log out timer but I'm not ok with the 30sec sit down thingy. It's more than obvious that Rocket haven't thought this through.

For example, I encountered a speedhacker a couple of days ago I decided to accept the challenge and fight him. But that impossible, he was punching and the next second was like a 100 meters away. This dragged like 5 minutes, punch and run, punch and run so on and so forth.

Mindless fanatics close their ears and try to discontinue my facts by saying this was just a desync problem or a glitch. Funny people.

BattleEye should be configured like SMAC, measuring values like speed and if someone exceeds the highest acceptable value then a ban should triggered.

@Rocket Just don't give in to crazy demands fanatics have. Satisfying the few in expense of the whole won't end up well.

hackers are rife at the moment it spoils a lot of hours of fun

combating server hopping and combat logging is worth as much inconvenience as it takes. 

Because combat logging and server hopping is a major problem for legitimate players.

• Like 2

But like I said before quit being so dependent on the airfields, I found a Mosin and a Shotgun both in one house within arms reach of each other..

It also comes down to patience and risk, take the risk get the prize.

Start playing dirty, find a gun, sit in the barracks close all of the doors to the building but the very last one for cover, lean around it and wait, aim down sights at the door, as soon is it opens fuckin' lay waste to them, then you have your precious loot.

Edited by teufel937
  • Like 1

It really isn't that bad. It was implemented in the mod and I've never seen such an uproar against it. If you die because you logged out in an unsafe place and you die, who's fault is it?

• Like 3

I think there are some things wrong with your post.  First, looting up on a non-populated server and then going to a populated one to fight is not how the game is meant to be played.  If you log onto a server then that is where you play.  Once the private hives are up you will suffer because everytime you change servers you'll have a new toon.  I think this timer is just a temporary fix for the public hive.  What will you do then if your friend is playing on a different private hive?  Choose a server and play on it, if there is no loot then there is no loot, that is survival, not going to another server.

Secondly giving god mode to a player who logs out totally defeats the purpose of having the timer, the timer is to prevent people from logging out in mid combat.  If you are too lazy to check for zombies or other players before you log out then you must die, because lazy people don't survive in extreme conditions such as this.  Anyways that is my 2 cents.

• Like 2

It seems to me that server hopping as got very much worse since the lack of loot and the increase of night servers .

So what did the developers expect to happen when they implemented this change ?

There is no point blaming the peeps who bought the game to enjoy it, not every one understands the fact that the game is in Alpha testing mode, and a lot don't care ...they just want to enjoy the game since they paid quite a lot of money to have the game

And unfortunately,  that my friend is what you can expect

this is wrong, if loot has become rarer, look harder. Nighttime servers? just fucking deal with it, i agree that the 12 or so hours of night is a bit long, but in the end it's still part of the game and it offers a different style of play.

servers should be given the option to compress nighttime aswell as remove it, that way it might become more popular. 

Loot wouldn't be an issue if people were utilizing the entire map, but they aren't, so hopping is not justified. 

But like I said before quit being so dependent on the airfields, I found a Mosin and a Shotgun both in one house within arms reach of each other..

It also comes down to patience and risk, take the risk get the prize.

Start playing dirty, find a gun, sit in the barracks close all of the doors to the building but the very last one for cover, lean around it and wait, aim down sights at the door, as soon is it opens fuckin' lay waste to them, then you have your precious loot.

The only thing I'm very dependent on the airfield for is a M4. once there's sks's in the game I'll be looking for them over a M4 any day. And I'd think they'd be in the cities/towns. I've found a few shotties but have yet to use one.

Op must be a logger/hopper himself, you're not fooling anyone here;).

I think there are some things wrong with your post.  First, looting up on a non-populated server and then going to a populated one to fight is not how the game is meant to be played.  If you log onto a server then that is where you play.  Once the private hives are up you will suffer because everytime you change servers you'll have a new toon.  I think this timer is just a temporary fix for the public hive.  What will you do then if your friend is playing on a different private hive?  Choose a server and play on it, if there is no loot then there is no loot, that is survival, not going to another server.

Secondly giving god mode to a player who logs out totally defeats the purpose of having the timer, the timer is to prevent people from logging out in mid combat.  If you are too lazy to check for zombies or other players before you log out then you must die, because lazy people don't survive in extreme conditions such as this.  Anyways that is my 2 cents.

I play on two different public servers, that is it, because of friends from different regions of the world, one works with his time zone, and one works with my timezone.

The only reason I added the comment on joining a populated server to go PvP is because that is what the majority of the people on here do is have clan battles or go find people to KoS.

Only reason I suggest the god mode is because a TON of people are going to complain about loss of character during log out.

Personally I always find a nice little set of bushes or shack to log out at, a fair distance from any type of foot traffic or zed spawns.

The only thing I'm very dependent on the airfield for is a M4. once there's sks's in the game I'll be looking for them over a M4 any day. And I'd think they'd be in the cities/towns. I've found a few shotties but have yet to use one.

There are a few other places that spawn the M4, Bashnya, the other Military Bases, and Green Mountain? Radio tower.

But like I said earlier in Vybor the house next to the factory with the smoke stacks I found the shotty and Mosin right next to each other.

I usually loot Bashnya, NWAF, Vybor, Mil Base near Vybor, run through the Sobors, all the way to the East coast, will round up to NEAF, then head back, endless amounts of loot, never had an issue finding ANYTHING. It just takes time, and people are too impatient.

Edited by teufel937