Sign in to follow this  
pureslayerz

Ak 47/74's in game.

Would you want the AK 47/74  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want the AK's in the game ?

Patience...

This is a future suggestion :)

Every game has the M4 as there basic gun , I would love to see the ak in the future.

Will be there in the future. The M4 is already in, because it's the most complex gun regarding parts/customization to test how robust the new attachment system works.

• Like 1

Will be there in the future. The M4 is already in, because it's the most complex gun regarding parts/customization to test how robust the new attachment system works.

The ak cant really support alot of attachments right ?

(Canadian , dont know alot about guns )

• Like 2

AK47/74 are very popular, and fit well in the map, so, cant see why not. Should be more popular than M4s

SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS ME!:D

AKs are generally VERY common in Russia, so it makes sense they'd be here. But, they don't sport many attachment. Usually a grenade launcher at MOST.

AK47/74 are very popular, and fit well in the map, so, cant see why not. Should be more popular than M4s

The M4 should be a placeholder, considering the situation, no M4s would exists in DayZ Chernarus.

• Like 1

AKM before any AK-47s.

AKs are generally VERY common in Russia, so it makes sense they'd be here. But, they don't sport many attachment. Usually a grenade launcher at MOST.

Dont the Czech Republic use the aks ?

The ak cant really support alot of attachments right ?

(Canadian , dont know alot about guns )

Depends on the version of the AK, even the modern AK74 doesn't support alot of rail mounted up attachments, but they have a fitting system that works on the side for flashlights and an undermount system for grenade launchers.

There is a modification that can be made to AKs to allow for top mounted rail system.

If you're looking at the brand new AK-12 which the russian military is just rolling out now. It fits for the Nato standards of today for attachments and motifications that can be made.

• Like 1

I'd love to see the M4 replaced by the AK47 myself.

M4s, M16s, M-anythings are like..the ugliest weapons ever made...And so dirt common in games these days. <.<

Edited by Rudette
  • Like 1

Or KORBA,PSO sights. Or third party rail mounts. Or an extended charging handle, Or a cleaning kit, Or a bayonet.

• Like 1

Ak AKM same thing ;)

No the AKM is definitely more powerful , an generally more of a semi automatic gun , at least I always use my Akms semi . I would love to see Ak 47/74 AND AKM patched in all at the same

Time :).

I'm a 74 fan, love the 5.45. anyways can't wait to see some AKs in the game :)

The M4 should be a placeholder, considering the situation, no M4s would exists in DayZ Chernarus.

If you would have played ARMA II, then you would have seen that the USMC was sent in to Chernarus shortly before the outbreak happened when the Chernarussian war was being fought. With the current issued primary in the USMC being the M4A1 (which I think it's the M4A3 now but this was a few years back this whole plot unraveled), I can see quite a few being left behind.

Not to mention, with the M4 variants being the most user-friendly and all around jack-of-all-trades kind of weapon, LOTS of countries have used it to supply their own military/militia and also as a base for their weapon development and creation. After the Remington 870, I believe the M4 variants are one of the most commonly exported/imported weapons around the world. It would be neck and neck with the AK series.

Edited by Shadow134
  • Like 2

If you would have played ARMA II, then you would have seen that the USMC was sent in to Chernarus shortly before the outbreak happened when the Chernarussian war was being fought. With the current issued primary in the USMC being the M4A1 (which I think it's the M4A3 now but this was a few years back this whole plot unraveled), I can see quite a few being left behind.

Not to mention, with the M4 variants being the most user-friendly and all around jack-of-all-trades kind of weapon, LOTS of countries have used it to supply their own military/militia and also as a base for their weapon development and creation. After the Remington 870, I believe the M4 variants are one of the most commonly exported/imported weapons around the world. It would be neck and neck with the AK series.

That is if DayZ is following Arma 2's canon, otherwise it's just a map being used for a game that has a post-soviet atmosphere feeling.

That is if DayZ is following Arma 2's canon, otherwise it's just a map being used for a game that has a post-soviet atmosphere feeling.

DayZ really has no previous story, although life HAD to have some story for the darn place to even exist. The ARMA II story is the closest people can come up with for previous history. Even if the whole ARMA II story didn't happen, this part here would still apply:

"Not to mention, with the M4 variants being the most user-friendly and all around jack-of-all-trades kind of weapon, LOTS of countries have used it to supply their own military/militia and also as a base for their weapon development and creation. After the Remington 870, I believe the M4 variants are one of the most commonly exported/imported weapons around the world. It would be neck and neck with the AK series."

Dont the Czech Republic use the aks ?

No, they use the VZ.58, which is often though to be a Kalashnikov, but is in reality a original design.

And this game does not take place in CZ.

USMC was only on Utes, if i'm remembering right.

70+ Million Kalashnikovs vs around 8-12 million Armalites, and only around 4 million of those are M4s. 

But an AK-74M is set in stone for release. I bet a 7.62x39 version is also planned.

The United States military is everywhere. In a zombie crisis, personnel would be all over the world at embassies, grabbing up VIPs and persons of interests, en route to other AORs, or simply stranded and left to fend for themselves with no support. The community shouldn't be attempting to bar content. This game isn't Stalker and if Dean Hall wanted to exclude such items and lore, he would have used an original map rather than one with a per-established background.Should NATO/US content be rarer than Warsaw pact gear? Yes. Excluded? No.

Very few people are suggesting it be removed. 

Only a few nuts want to "Bar content" unless its an extremely stupid idea, which Many, Many, many are.

Please correct me if I’m wrong but I do believe that there are a leaked picture of the AK74 and some footage of the early pre alpha stage with some guys testing an AK.   

• Like 1