Chawktah

Server Notifications

Listen, before you say "Alpha" I have a suggestion to make regarding Server Notifications. For some reason, I have never played on a server that would NOFITY players of a pending restart. Really, I cant find any reason that a good server WOULDNT have a way to to notify players of an impending restart. It's a bitch when your looting gear, or moving items, or killing bandits and you get the NO MESSAGE RECIEVED indicator that you have just been fucked in the ass by a server restart. I have lost countless amounts of gear because of it. Like just now, when i hunted down a sniper shooting at people in Electro, kill him, go to take his fully upgraded mosin ( AND BECAUSE THE GAME WONT LET YOU TAKE SOMETHING FROM A CORPSE INTO YOUR HANDS), had to first drop my fully upgraded m4 (takes MANY hours these days to get pristine acog and mp stock and handgaurd.. MANY HOURS) and take his mosin, only to recieve the No message recieved  and lose both weapons upon joining a new server. Get ur shit together and notify players of an upcoming server restart... 

• Like 2

I agree it would be nice to get a warning.  I believe the issue most likely is though that people set the server to reset every so many hours so the admin isn't always there to say that it is reseting in chat.  It would be nice to have the devs program in an auto warning but i'm not a devoloper so I don't know how much work it actually takes to do that and since they will be adding in loot spawning on it's own at some point it may be a waste of there time.  It would at least be nice to have more active server admins.

• Like 2

I think there might be more to this issue than just notifications, as there already are server messages broadcast to everyone at this time. Ive been on multiple servers that reset every some odd hours and all of them don't always reset at the specified intervals. This could be caused from an admin stopping the reset or something else. Just something to think about.

I think this should be added soon. Agreed, please escalate this on the development.

had the same idea yesterday...

i had several situation where i was screwed because of a restart i didnt see coming. i once lost my whole backpack. This is very frustrating, i really dont mind if i get killed and loosing everything. its part of the game, but loosing almost everything because of a restart is just annoying.

i hope the implement this fast, and i know the restart is just a workarround until zombie/loot respawn is implemented..

Im really looking forward to the day where i can leave notes and other stuff for players to find ;)

Edited by Sonic-NKT

Every time I put something on the floor I wonder if it will disappear because of server restart.

But the end goal is to eliminate the restarts.

So this is most likely why this is of no concern to the devs.

• Like 1

yeah, why no warning?

just noticed the post above me, that correct probably. 

Edited by DMentMan