AsHawkins

Lethal Creatures

There's an idea, after 5 minutes birds circle a dead body, then you have 5 minutes to spot that circle and investigate, and maybe you'll find some good loot on a body.

Some of these animals dont attack just on sight.

Boars for example are most likely to run off when spotting a human,

(encountered one at the edge of a field/forestline once, it ran off like hell....luckily i assume)

unless there's little baby boars near them, then it's time to reall get worried I guess.

That basicly goes for more wildlife.probably

But the idea of encountering these mentioned animals I'm all up for !

I pitty the vegetarian survivalists in DayZ though, or will the urge to surive outweight their moral choice of not

eating meat...

little, less dangerous mammals would be nice too imo...

squirrels, marmots, beavers,hares, pikas,foxes, wild dogs,otters,goats, wild horses, antilopes,snowsheep,seals...

But thats off topic perhaps, but nevertheless :  the more meat to eat, the better for survivaling

Let's keep the discussion of Lethal Creature immersion alive, since more topic posts about it are rising.

Moose would be a good idea for a lethal animal. For what species that ivan buchta guy can figure it out I really don't know were to pin point chernarus  geographically

1KBWAYc.jpg?1

Edited by jona

Moose are huge meaty, lethal animals. And Chernarus doesn't even really exist. We should be able to bend (not break) the rules a bit.

How about then we have chernarus moose, bears, wolfs and tigers makes sense since its fictional so make a new sub species and just not go to mad and have chernarus giraffe just use what animals that live in europe and Russia then I think its authentic.

Edited by jona

Yes please this! I've been wanting this so much. Even once more Zombies are added into a stable build, The forests and fields away from towns become worthless and a lot of times might as well be skipped for most people. HOWEVER this new hunting team added animals such as Wolves and Bear, it would make running through the woods a lot more intense, just like what the cities could be. Also the Russian Boar, as far as I know are large and very dangerous so I hope if we get too close to the boar they charge us and can break our limbs or knock us out!!

Also your Idea of Carrion Birds is actually a LOT cooler than Many people may realize!
Adding birds that flock over fresh carcasses would be a signal  to other players that someone is probably not too far off. It would give a reason to be careful hunting (Birds circle your kill for maybe an hour, I know this is much less than real life but a good clue for in game) or killing other players for when the server disallows hiding bodies! This way you could look to the sky as well as the ground for tracking and signs of activity!
Making the skies come alive would make the whole world feel much more alive. 

I like the idea of Bee's (could collect honey at the risk of your own health unless you make like a smoking torch or something)  But it may be rather difficult since there would have to be a lot of them, and I feel this way about snakes too!

I'm glad I searched the forums before posting, this deserves to go back to the front page.

• Like 1

I agree about bringing life to the skies, Instead of just wandering to find materials for survival, watch for the skies and see what it tells you.

Was just thinking about crows and vultures/buzzards,so I searched and found this thread.Excellent ideas and I especially like the link to the 12 most dangerous Russian animals.Maybe now hunting is in the future they can expand on the animals more when or if oppurtunity arises.Wolves,Brown bears,wild boar,a tiger or two,crows,vipers,Wolverine,Mosquito's and Ticks,and dfinately need some fish to catch :D

Bump B)

Edited by Scott61

~Lethal Creatures~

wasps.jpg

Just wow, this probably won't be in game, but it would be amazing to see someone die by this in game

Also, bores are everywhere and are a problem in tens of dozens of countries, they destroy the habitat, without humans, they would number in tens of thousands

I don't think every animal in Russia would be in Chernarus. Keep in mind, it's on the border in the south of Russia, and Russia is the world's largest country, so obviously a diversity of animals would exist. Bears & wolves make sense, but I really doubt you're going to find much more than that. I'd prefer they focused on passive animals (moose, deer, rabbits, etc.) and tougher zombies than making hostile wildlife, anyway.

Animals from the actual area definitely need to be added into gameplay.

I agree on the spider thing, you couldn't make them obvious enough without making them huge, which is stupid.  So while hiding in the dank dark corner of a barn and I suddenly start convulsing and die is going to piss me off.

However, if going for realism, we need to add more than just predators as they would only be in the area if there was ample prey for them to survive off of (cue hunting animals for food addition).  While in a post apocalyptic environment animals would likely begin to get more aggressive towards humans, unless the player is chasing, cornering, or threatening their den/home, most animals, even predators, aren't going to just run up and try to eat your throat.  There are enough dangers in the game to have to worry about packs of wolves, boar, and bears just romping around eating anything that moves.

Wolves for definite and bears would be neat too. I'd also like to see boars, but I think just wolves and bears would be fine.

For non-lethal creatures I'd like to see deer, rabbits and a bird of some sort. Obviously birds would be a bitch to actually hit, but they'd be everywhere so they'd be an easy source of food for someone who knows how to hit them.

I don't know statistics for "Chernarus" but the animal that kills the most humans in the U.S. (not counting vehicular accidents) is .........deer.

Yeah so deer and non-lethal are not a particularly good combo. Wild animals are wild and herbivore does not equal non lethal.

I like the idea of having dangerous animals around. As Chernarus is supposed to be a former Sowjet State I would think about animals that can be found in non-arctic Russia (no Polar Bears or Mountain Lions). Also there should not be too many animals in a certain area, especially when talking predators. Hunting game should require some search and stalking and seeing a predator should be even less frequent. In relation when playing you should encounter zombies much more often than animals in general und predators much less often than neutral animals.

Zombies

- found in/near villages and cities in small to large groups (common)

- active all the time but more dangerous during the day (they don't see very far at night), very aggressive

- get attracted by loud sounds (e.g. gunshots), easier to sneak past

Animals

- found in the wilderness alone or in smaller groups (rare)

- mostly active at night, aggression depends on threat level (group size, wounds etc.)

- usually flee from gunshot sounds, hard to sneak upon/past

Now the different animals that I think might work:

- Amur Tiger (extremely rare, powerful and fast, only attacks loners/small groups from behind, usually runs away if spotted)

- Brown Bear (very rare, powerful and surprisingly fast when attacking, attacks if threatened or hopes for easy prey)

- Wolf (rare, fast but not that powerful, often in groups, usually only attack wounded survivors and flee otherwise)

- Feral Dogs (rare, weaker than wolves but more aggressive)

- Lynx (very rare, sneaky and not very powerful, usually flees from humans but might attack single wounded survivors)

- Wisent (extremely rare, often in small groups, neutral but flees from gunshots, aggressive when threatened or wounded)

- Boar (common, usually neutral and will flee but attacks when threatened or wounded)

- Moose (very rare, usually neutral and might flee, attacks when threatened)

- Red Deer (common, often in groups, will flee most of the time but might attack when threatened)

- Roe Deer (common, often in small groups, very shy)

- Viper (relatively rare, camouflaged and would rather hide than attack, bites humans if they come too close which causes them to lose health and blood similar to severe food poisoning)

- Bees (very rare, basically a honey pot with a protecting swarm, buzzing should be heard as a warning, swarm attacks when too close, might be found in cities, villages etc.)

- small critters that hide and/flee from humans (rabbits, hamsters, marmots, rats, cats etc.)

- birds (different types, some in flocks, will fly away if threatened or from loud noises, crows/ravens/vultures might flock to corpses if left alone)

- farm animals (cows, pigs, chicken etc., weaker and less shy than their wild counterparts)

Edited by Evil Minion
  • Like 2

Wolves generally keep to themselves unless they're rabid or starving. However, if you're on the ground with two broken legs, they will waste no time devouring you, seeing that you're an easy meal. 

Not alot of lethal wildlife in Chernarus, maybe black bears and Wolves, snakes, venomous spiders, lions, no

I think it would be interesting to have bears, and in general animals that are a potential threat to man:

• Shy: They should in general avoid humans and try to stick to forested/wilderness areas and sometimes near water.
  • Hungry: bears (random chance of being hungry?) should be attracted by unsealed food, raw/cooked meat and that sort of things (in inventories and on the ground).
  • Though: Take quite a few bullets to take down and if it doesn't kill him, it's gonna make it really angry.
  • Large source of meat (however most would probably spoil before you can use it, unless you have a regiment to feed).
  • Fast: they have no problems catching up with a running player. (normally they can't run for very long, but neither can humans)
  • Strong: being in melee range with a bear would be pretty much a death sentence no matter your equipment.
  • To be left alone: bears would signal you to stay away if you get too close as a warning, if you persist they might run away or attack you.

Woops, well i guess little mistakes happen even to the best of us.

Wrong. I do not make mistakes. Ever. I am German.