AsHawkins

Lethal Creatures

~Lethal Creatures~

DayZ community, with the horrors of Chernarus in the wake of your fears, who knows what else is out there waiting to lap up your flesh, surround you in packs, slither through the grass, or swarm from a hive? Descend from a web, or from the sky?

Nothing- Nothing is there except the Zeds, and more than cautious human beings willing to chop you in half and blast your brains on the ground. Doesn't it keep you on your seat?

What about the fear of Mountain Lions, lurking in the night, behind shrubs and shadows.

Or the Wolves in packs of 4, howling in the distance, but shredding your skin in a minute?

Or the rattle, or hiss, of Slithering Reptiles, with a blinding spray, or poisonous venom.

Maybe Buzzards waiting for a death, but are too impatient and hungry, they do the job themselves?

Do you find yourself having to take cover to bandage, rest, eat or sleep?

Be careful of that web above, You may not be the only one threatened.

Taking a stroll through the woods.. and the sound of a buzzing community surround the area, you happen to take a wrong step-You think you can get away?

Well don't worry about it, because this isn't in the game.

But it should be.

Don't you think? 

m_IM000010.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

snake-scary.jpg

LjdLX9K.jpg

garden20111119.jpg

wasps.jpg

Edited by AsHawkins
  • Like 24

Lol.

Intense.  You should try Nether.  It's not animals that try to kill you, but shit spawns randomly and a lot.

Edited by twinturbonet

Zombies should be the players natural enemy in the first place. A lot is avoidable even animals would hesitate to attack a zed.

• Like 3

Based off of what I've seen, Zeds aren't even an enemy, they're just there! I do know that they are updating the AI soon though, I just wish people would talk more about the Zeds then KoS. I try to think of ways to deter the threat from player to player and make the environment the threat-Including the Zeds.

• Like 4

Based off of what I've seen, Zeds aren't even an enemy, they're just there! I do know that they are updating the AI soon though, I just wish people would talk more about the Zeds then KoS. I try to think of ways to deter the threat from player to player and make the environment the threat-Including the Zeds.

I would like to see animals though.  I would also like to see Zombies and animals fight each other.

• Like 1

it would be so hardcore. add a long distance scream soundfile for dying players. and we have horrorfull nights.

• Like 15

I love that idea, how horrifying. Let's send chills to those headphone users. Along with screams, there should be Zed roars in the air too.

• Like 3

I could see some of this being added...and I mean some. Some of it is kind of out in left field. Wolves and Cougers I could buy living in Chernarous. Wolves at the very least. You have to take into account where this area is located, and make the animals accordingly.

Wolves - Most areas have or have had wolves at some point. They are fairly diverse and being located in the former Soviet Union, I could totally roving packs of wolves.

Cougars - Not sure if this area has cougars or mountain lions, but if it does then I'd see a couple of these lurking about the forests.

Buzzards - Meh....Buzzards wouldn't be much of an issue of something to deal with as they are predominantly carrion eaters. I could see them being an issue for a player who is more than half dead having to maybe fight off the brave bird out of a group that might gather to circle overhead, but usually, a buzzard won't get close to anything living.

Venomous snakes - Meh....this one is stretching it a bit. Sure there's snakes pretty much everywhere in the world, and more than a few that are venomous. There are very few spitting snakes out there, and none that I can think of off the top of my head out in the FSU. Also, a snake wouldn't attack a person unless that person stepped on it. Snakes, much like scorpions and spiders are far more likely to do everything they can to avoid a human stomping around in the woods, which is why if you are in a snake heavy area, it's recommended to stomp around and make yourself appear as some big, dangerous thing that a snake wouldn't want to mess with. You are most likely to be attacked by a snake in your sleep than you are running through the woods, and even then such a thing happens because the snake came into your sleeping bag for warmth and you woke up and freaked it. It couldn't escape and so it bit you. The snakes you would be looking for are nowhere near indigenous to the area.

Spiders - I don't see a useful purpose for using up resources for a tiny, silent thing that you couldn't kill. It would be so small that on your screen it would take up maybe a tiny handful of pixels, not really even enough to register properly on a screen. Spiders in most games are oversized for this reason. Unless you are talking about huge honking frost spiders, to which my answer is an emphatic 'Hell No!' Spiders that big don't exist in real life. Using the normal sized spiders would be preferable, but that would be akin to just putting in an option for 'You randomly die for no reason'.

Swarming insects - The only thing of this type I could see added would be Bees and under normal circumstances bees are fairly harmless. A bee won't attack unless it think's it is already dead, and won't kill you unless there are a lot of them. There are no roving bands of angry bees, hunting the countryside for some poor schmuck to kill themselves on. Now if you could harvest honey from like a hive somewhere (A manmade beekeeper's hive) I could see this being a thing, but they would have to add something like a smoker to placate them or some kind of bug spray.

Strange though, you didn't mention bears. Bears are something  I could see them adding...

• Like 7

I like this idea.  Zombies are weak and just a pain in the ass.   Would be cool to have a circle of vultures above you while you are bleeding to death, or to hear the noise of wolves at the night.

I like this idea.  Zombies are weak and just a pain in the ass.   Would be cool to have a circle of vultures above you while you are bleeding to death, or to hear the noise of wolves at the night.

Zombies are supposed be just a pain in the ass. They'll be more dangerous when there are more of them, but even in the mod this game was always more about people and starvation being the danger, the zombies are there because Zombies. They are to be killed, or more often, avoided. A nusiance.

• Like 1

I know for a fact that redback spiders and cobras don't call Russia home. And thinking realistically, how often do you walk through the woods and get covered in furious bees or bitten by a snake?

• Like 1

I know for a fact that redback spiders and cobras don't call Russia home. And thinking realistically, how often do you walk through the woods and get covered in furious bees or bitten by a snake?

Wwwwwelll.... How often do you walk through the woods?

Wwwwwelll.... How often do you walk through the woods?

Well I've done a couple of expeditions in the Australian bush and never died, lol. I think it's fairly safe to say Australia's creatures are more dangerous than Russia's.

• Like 1

Jesus I wouldn't dare go to that hell of poisonous death.

Zombies are supposed be just a pain in the ass. They'll be more dangerous when there are more of them, but even in the mod this game was always more about people and starvation being the danger, the zombies are there because Zombies. They are to be killed, or more often, avoided. A nusiance.

No, by pain in the ass I mean they are like flies.  They are just annoying, but not a real threat.  

• Like 1

At least the zeds in 1.8.x are much more likely to hit you and bring you down than in an older build i was playing since i wasn't playing vanilla for quite a while they even followed me for a long perriod and were really hard to lose. I got whacked a couple of times because i was used to tease the zeds while running past them. I recieved not only a bloody nose from these encounters. They should give the zeds the ability to grab you for a couple of seconds and you have to hit them a couple of times to shake them. But it's really not funny that the name givers of the game are simply a joke. Kind of like playing need for speed with the cars governed at 80mph ( 130km/h )

• Like 1

Variety and abilities that Zeds could have are endless. It just needs public discussion.

Just like adding wolves, cougars, and bears. When I mentioned spiders, I didn't mean a death by spider bite.just treatable illness.

Amur tiger wouldn't be a bad idea since chernarus is a fictional country next to Russia and who doesn't like tigers =P

Well bears and wolves almost seem inevitable in my opinion. And as for all the others I say snakes are the only one I'd vote for being in the game , there's a couple of poisonous types of snakes in Russia , I don't know if it's south or north where they reside but that doesn't matter much cuz fact of the matter is snakes could defly get agitated by humans more often in the apocalypse , just think about it we would always be in the woods invadin natures territory instead of spending time in the cities and our homes like normal . But for right now id be happy with wolves or bears :)

I didn't realize Russia had Boars. That would be so perfect for DayZ. Pissed off boards looking for food like the survivors, but attack everything-by charging.

I always liked the idea of crows and such to circle in the sky near corpses after a while.

• Like 1