Sign in to follow this  
icebox

Can I Run The Standalone?

Hey im new here didnt know where to post this, but if its in the wrong place i apologize, i am thinking bout getting dayz but i dont know which would be best for my pc to handle if any (SA or Mod)

My pc specs are:

Cpu: Amd athlon 64 x2 5600+ 2.8Ghz

ram: 2 GB (going to upgrade to 4Gb soon)

Gpu: ati HD 4850

I know my Pc aint the best but it will do for me

if there is anything else u need to know about my pc just ask.

But will the standalone work ok on this even on the lowest settings or should i go for the Mod

Thanks

You can run it. I'm running on an amd 2.4 ghz quad core (2 wasted cores and a low ghz) processor and a radeon 5770. Mine is just barely good enough to run it. It runs like shit though. In fact I think my set up is literally the lowest you can go and still play. Certain parts of big cities can get pretty laggy, but fortunately everyone is having performance issues, even people with beastly computers, so it evens things out a bit. You should have no problem on that comp if I'm playing on this one. Just be prepared to make some graphics adjustments. You might need to lower view distance and screen complexity. 

Edited by Solopopo

Dude... is it so hard to use the modern internet?

Can you run it - Dayz -> click "can you run it"... your system will be tested and you will get the results.

Thats my result:

mp_rp_7.gif

I play it on 1440p with all details maxxed out.

The test is pretty accurate.

Edited by YassirX

Dude... is it so hard to use the modern internet?

Can you run it - Dayz -> click "can you run it"... your system will be tested and you will get the results.

i have used that site and it says i can run it  and ive also used another site and it says different to that i just wanted a bit of help from people that play it thats all

just didnt wanna waste money 

Edited by IC3B0X

You do meet the minimum requirements which means you can play the game on low-settings.

Edited by YassirX

You do meet the minimum requirements which means you can play the game on low-settings.

ok thank you