Sign in to follow this  
Paranoia Penguin

Game Freezing Regularly For Minutes

Hi, I bought Dayz a few days ago and have had this issue since I first launched the game.

I can connect into the game just fine, but after anywhere between 5 seconds and 5 minutes of game play Dayz completely freezes, this locks up my entire computer for at least a minute and then seems to unfreeze. Directly after unfreezing I am disconnected every time.

My computer can play every other game I have on decent graphical settings without any issues.
i.e Dmc, Farcry Blood Dragon, Warframe, Borderlands 2

I have been searching forums for the past few days and have found no clues as to what the issue might be.

Any input would be much appreciated.

System Information
------------------

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: .  
       System Model: .  
               BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
          Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU     E6550  @ 2.33GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
             Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM
          Page File: 2285MB used, 5902MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

Not sure if thats what you needed sorry

I have something similar to this happen.  After anywhere from 1-10min of play, my DayZ will freeze up as if I am disconnected from the server.  However I can still move around in game but the environment does not change for me.  I cannot interact with anything, including my inventory and other players are not visible.  Either waiting 5-10minutes or rejoining the server fixes it, but only for another few minutes.

Is this somewhat like that which you are experiencing?

That sounds a lot like what I'm experiencing, except my computer is completely frozen for at least a minute each time and I get the "no messages received" for a minute and a half before being disconnected. Also once I reconnect to the server my character has kept running and I'm in a different place than where I froze and disconnected.

It's gotten worse as well, I get no more than 30 seconds in game usually before this occurs.

Edited by Paranoia Penguin

same problem and my system is:Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit,Intel i5-3550 CPU @ 3.3GHz,8 GB RAM,1TB,Shappire HD 7850 2GB Card memory,GIGABYTE H77M-D3H.

Every 3 minutes of gameplay my game just freezing for 5 seconds and then unfreezing again.I cant play the game anymore i need to fix this for play normally!Please help!

:D 

after update cant play,spawned and freeze,5 times.my friends to

WIN7 64bit

i5 3550 - 3.3

GTX560ti

8GBram

Edited by JEDI

This is interesting. I have been having a very similar problem, but only today. Every time I start the game and log in, it works fine at first, then over the course of a few minutes it slows down increasingly then freezes completely. I got the game a few days ago myself and this problem did not occur until the latter half of today.