rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.33.114782

when i join a server is there a "you are dead" on the screen. de respawn button doesnt work...what should i do? stable version and respawn there and then update again?

Same with the sir above. Guess the servers are not ready yet :P

Edited by Meik0

when i join a server is there a "you are dead" on the screen. de respawn button doesnt work...what should i do? stable version and respawn there and then update again?

I have the same issue - I  can't imagine generating a new character on the non-experimental shard would resolve.

- Zombies: Different types of Military zombies now have tougher attack values and improved durability

I'm not sure if I'm a fan of this.

• Like 1

I have yet to see a server that has absolutely no loot. Coastal cities pretty bare, sure, all towns inland completely looted? Not likely.

Great update guys.

I somtimes did, even the northern cities where empty as hell 

• Like 2

When I log in it says "I'm Dead" .. when I try to Respawn it won't let me , I have the option in the menu but when I click it nothing happens ?  Any ideas anyone ? 

- Zombies: Different types of Military zombies now have tougher attack values and improved durability

I'm not sure if I'm a fan of this.

Currently zombie are no threat imho... i think it'll be good

• Like 8

Dont misunderstand me :)

Basiclly we need a system against server hopping and especially aginst combat logging. But i think these systems shouldn't be tested until the loot respawn is fixed.Cause if you grab a sever which is sucked out of all loot and you are looking for a server which just restarts... you may get a penalty... and that would suckt imho...

Read back a bit to post #19

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/169526-pending-changelog-experimental-branch-033114782/?p=1722417

Source: http://www.reddit.co...20nss?context=1

When you disconnect, you character waits around for 30 seconds (currently set in experimental but subject to change) before disappearing. Forgot to include that on patch notes.  

Currently zombie are no threat imho... i think it'll be good

Making them more durable isn't the fix. Making them not path terribly and increasing their numbers is. 

If they die from one shot to the head then I'm fine with it.

Edited by Victus Mortuus

Items spawn in these places, they are just rare and/or other people find the area first and loot it.

I have never found anything in the little wooden houses,the ones with two rooms and one door. Never,ever....ever. But the military tents are a far more important spawn point than some random houses. I am looking forward to what loot we'll get in the police station.

• Like 1

- Gear: Improvised courier backpack added

Was this not supposed to be in the stable already? Because I have one...

Making them more durable isn't the fix. Making them not path terribly and increasing their numbers is. 

If they die from one shot to the head then I'm fine with it.

Probably not, but its a step in the right direction 

quick question, can you cuff and bag a combat logger and if so is the consequence death or do they join another server in the cuffed state?

• Like 3

This is great news. I can't wait to use the spray paint on my guns without worrying about losing ammo capacity and trying out the new SKS and machete! One question: when is the experimental update expected to be released? It says that it will become stable by Feb 7, but not exactly when the experimental is released. Will it be on Monday Feb 3 or some other day?

THIS THIS THIS!!!

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1whk6p/dayz_changelog_033114782_pending/cf20nss?context=1

When you disconnect, you character waits around for 30 seconds (currently set in experimental but subject to change) before disappearing. Forgot to include that on patch notes. 

I don't see any problem with a disconnect timer...but if it's purpose is to combat ghosting, it won't impact it much. The only thing I can think of that would deter ghosting would be a loooooooong reconnect timer if a player is recognized as a server hopper (5 min?). I would not mind if that was a thing.

Aside from that...

Thanks to the DayZ team for their continual (and speedy) updates to the game. :thumbsup:

Is anybody able to get this working? I'm stuck on the 'You are dead' screen, with the respawn button apparently still broken.

• Like 5

anyone else having problems trying to get in? I cant respawn and it says my character is dead

• Like 2

Is anybody able to get this working? I'm stuck on the 'You are dead' screen, with the respawn button apparently still broken.

Still nothing for me - I tried redownloading and verifying game files, no change.

"your are dead" on every server. regular and hardcore :(

respawn doesnt work. Help!? :3

• Like 1