igotrage

Long Range Scope?

Long range scopes ONLY spawn in ATC, barracks, hangers, and 2 level camo bunkers at nwaf and and balota.

They DO NOT spawn in restaurants as some people suggest. PU scopes and bipods do, however.

• Like 1

Most of the long range scopes I have found before and after the patch were in residential and industrial areas.

Long range scopes ONLY spawn in ATC, barracks, hangers, and 2 level camo bunkers at nwaf and and balota.

They DO NOT spawn in restaurants as some people suggest. PU scopes and bipods do, however.

Sorry to disappoint you but you are wrong.

Edited by weedmasta

I've a pristine mosin with pristine compensator and worn LRS that I will trade for a pristine acog + 3 pristine batteries on hardcore.  I have a mosin on the reg hive and I really couldn't be arsed running with 2 guns on hardcore - I've kinda put the mosin together while trying to fix up my m4..

Every one I've found I've taken off a player I just killed. 

Edited by Solopopo

Weedmasta, prove it.

Check dayzdb. Search long range scope.

Don't believe dayzdb? Show me a video of you finding a long range scope in a restaurant on a freshly restarted server.

Pics/video or it didn't happen. I believe you have found one. What I don't believe is that it spawned there.

• Like 1

Weedmasta, prove it.

Check dayzdb. Search long range scope.

Don't believe dayzdb? Show me a video of you finding a long range scope in a restaurant on a freshly restarted server.

Pics/video or it didn't happen. I believe you have found one. What I don't believe is that it spawned there.

So you are saying on the 3 occasions I did find one after the patch, each of them were conveniently placed there by another player and 2 of them were pristine. And no, I only believe my own eyes and I don't have to prove it to anyone. Also I never said restaurants (as that may refer to more than just one building type), I said residential and industrial areas.

If what you say is true I would be interested in seeing proof of it. In over 220 hours of play time I have not witnessed it and I loot pretty thoroughly, and my main server is generally low pop by the time I get home from work. According to dayzdb it's impossible so I'm sincerely interested in even a screen shot if you can provide one.

• Like 1

found another pristine one tonight, but I also found an acog... if anyone wants the worn one on hardcore gimme a  shout and i'll arrange to drop it somewhere for you, but not tonight i'm going to bed now..

If what you say is true I would be interested in seeing proof of it. In over 220 hours of play time I have not witnessed it and I loot pretty thoroughly, and my main server is generally low pop by the time I get home from work. According to dayzdb it's impossible so I'm sincerely interested in even a screen shot if you can provide one.

I will take one next time I come across one.

On a Dead guys Gun.

Edited by BL1P
  • Like 1

I finally found pristine long range scope. I ran out from the airfield and went to the bush to hide. I switched to internet browser to look at the map. When i went back, two zombies were scratching me and after i killed those zombies, i realised that my long range scope was now badly damaged.

Unless I am mistaken, the Long Range Scope is still not affected by its quality state at the moment, unlike all other scopes.

Edited by weedmasta
  • Like 1

Unless I am mistaken, the Long Range Scope is still not affected by its quality state at the moment, unlike all other scopes.

If all other attachments are any indication, it probably has a hidden effect on rifle accuracy, even if you can still see through it.

• Like 1

http://dayzdb.com/map#3.069.059;item=Long%20Range%20Scope

Not sure how correct that is but yea.

Considering that shows them spawning in the tents and the single door tents plus a few other places that don't spawn loot then I'd consider it to be relatively inaccurate or at least to be taken with a grain of salt.

well I have definitely got one off a metal shelf in either an industrial spawn or a garage I don't remember which..

Thank you to those of you who answered my question about the impact of a long range scope's condition on accuracy. I haven't tried any really long range shots with it. I guess I'll have to wait until I find a pristine one and compare the two. It also seems like these scopes are damaged far too easily. While I understand that taking a rifle or pistol shot or being hit with a melee weapon would damage it a zombie bite or scratch that does the same seems overpowered. 

Barracks & ATC.

Also heard rumors about it spawning in the 1 floor restaurant kinda building.

Since last weeks Patch.
I find 2-3 Can openers a night..
3-4 Hand Cuffs a night.
5+ FNX a night.

Can't find any Mosin's unless i kill someone with one.
(lots) of Shotguns or sometimes a M4s where i normally use to find Mosins..
Never seen a scope since.. Unless.. I kill someone with one. :(
7.62 rounds are freaking EVERYWHERE! I could nearly fill an ammo box in a night.  I am assuming this is in preparation for the SKS?
I also see no point in even picking up Melee weapons that are not Axes.. As they are EVERYWHERE & 1-2 shot zombies & People.

Oh well, I dropped a pelican case on the 3rd floor room of the "school" as everyone seems to call it, which contained a worn LRS & pristine PU and the floor ate it, So I have none spare now.. sry..

Oh well, I dropped a pelican case on the 3rd floor room of the "school" as everyone seems to call it, which contained a worn LRS & pristine PU and the floor ate it, So I have none spare now.. sry..

If you drop items in school building they go to the floor below you so it's probably in one of the closed doors LOL.