igotrage

Long Range Scope?

Been searching high and low for one now since the update.  Ive tried each airfield for the hangers / buildings and checked most barracks.  Is there a specific spawn location for this item now?

Like any items NO, there isnt a place to fins it for sure. Look in forums, many have hinted where it can be found. Mostly? ANYWHERE.

it used to be in the tents in army camps 90% of the time I have looked, thats why I was enquiring.

Since the update, I found one on the airfield control tower, upstairs and outside. 

I currently have two in my inventory on my Regular character. You're more than welcome to one. I need the inventory space!

I've found them in plane hangars, the ATC tower on the catwalk upstairs, under the stairs of the ATC tower on the bottom floor, and inside the bar/diner on the counter by the sink.

Forget the long ranged scope how about the damn can opener? Havn't seen one 20 hours after this update. The new loot table seems wonky.

Forget the long ranged scope how about the damn can opener? Havn't seen one 20 hours after this update. The new loot table seems wonky.

I find a lot of can openers in the jails, lately. On the sink downstairs, and sometimes on the lockers upstairs. Also, ATC towers in the airstrips/fields can spawn them too.

Found two in Hangars... seems like thats the best place to get them, one of them was in pristine condition.

@Grimey Rick its a lovely offer, but you might be a bandit who just wants my trousers ...

I find a lot of can openers in the jails, lately. On the sink downstairs, and sometimes on the lockers upstairs. Also, ATC towers in the airstrips/fields can spawn them too.

As a survivor styled player thats horrid spawn placement for them. Why on earth are food implements be moved from kitchens in towns like they were to now military structures? God damn this latest patch and how it messed with loot tables. What next barns with medical supplies and hospitals with guns? lol

food where always on military structures.

5 minutes ago i had 2 scopes, now i'm dead. Found two of them from NEAF.

I ran all the way from NEAF to West where is the hospital. There you can almost everytime find a Mosin or M4.

Yes, i found Mosin, i had long range scope in first time in DayZ, i was running to the forest and get shot at back. Fck i hate this game. :)

I have found them in hangars snd in the ATC tower, no where else,, that  doesn't mean they don't spawn in other military buildings tho, i don't go to the airstrip very often, i have however found 4 since patch,  1 in the ATC at NWAF and another in the ATC tower at NEAF, the other two were in hangars, one found in each location was badly damaged.

Found one in a hangar.  They are harder to find after the recent patch, with no loot in the tents.

Dude i had the same issue. I only managed to get mine by shooting someone in the head who had an m4 and was stalking me. Turns out he had it on him obviously knowing how rare they are now.

So yeah.. god knows how you're going to find one.

A friend gave me a long range scope but it is badly damaged. I can see through it just fine (unlike the damaged PU scopes) but does the poor condition make it less accurate?

I found two on the same server the other day. One was in a barracks in balota, on one of those bunk beds. The other I found was sitting on a table in the control tower on the top floor. They still spawn, finding one is like winning the lottery almost though. IMO this is about how rare guns should be lol

Found my one on a bunk bed in a barracks.

They are rare now, as they should be.

3k dollar tactical scopes don't grow on trees.

• Like 1

Like any items NO, there isnt a place to fins it for sure. Look in forums, many have hinted where it can be found. Mostly? ANYWHERE.

Incorrect.

OP, in this order:

1. Hangars.

2. Low-Rise Barracks.

3. Covered Land Nests (two in NWAF tent city).

4. Jails.

Hangars have them more than the others. The land nests can be tricky with loot placement. Search them enough and you'll know what I mean.

I noticed that loot spawns are random in the sense that on any given day I'll find an abundance of a certain item. One day its protector cases, like everywhere (e.g. 3 in a Firestation at once). Next day its ammo boxes. Day after that its something else. Not sure how that works, but I do see loot items that seem to win the loot lottery if you catch my drift.

I spent 2 days looking for a scope for a friend in my group. Day 1 nothing anywhere. Hit at least dozen servers and every single military location on each server, full tour.

Yesterday I log in and find 2 in about 20 minutes.