Charcoal

SUGGESTION: Wearing the United Nations Beret puts you into PVE-Only mode

Or is there.....Lady? Maybe the UN is linked to the Green Mountain Mystery!?

While I disagree with the idea itself. The idea of certain clothes holding certain meanings (as established by the community) is pretty interesting

• Like 1

While I disagree with the idea itself. The idea of certain clothes holding certain meanings (as established by the community) is pretty interesting

that was the idea behind my EMT jacket suggestion. (different thread)

removing pvp would ruin the game, but having a few things that are known throughout the community as medic wear would be pretty nice. currently my "end-game" is to go around patching people up, no matter who or where they are.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No

No.

No.

No.

No

No.

No.

Nuff said

Wait...

No.

• Like 1

I think it's a good idea like for role-playing purposes, like if there is a common agreement between players that UN people are neutral and should not be shot, but I don't think this should be forced on anyone

Its a better feeling if the community establishes such things, like the clown masking being semi established bandit indicator.

Edited by Dale Gribble

dayz item cannot grant that kind of power.. defeats the purpose of the game..

you will understandwhat dayz is all about with time my son

I undertsand where you are coming from but just because the UN is neutral doesn't mean some one wouldn't shoot them.  There are bad people in the world that don't care and will kill you anyways.   Maybe if you could only find a UN beret only if you don't kill any one and help people as a sign of your neutrality but you always take a chance of getting killed and thats part of the survival aspect of Dayz.

Am talking about the UN Military Beret

The United Nations stands for peace and neutrality, and united nations soldiers protect those principles and should not get shot by other players

However whenever I wear the UN hat I still get shot on sight, perhaps even more frequently then when I am not wearing one, which does not make sense.

So my suggestion is:

Any player wearing a United Nations beret is in PVE only mode - he cannot injure other players, and other players cannot injure him. He can still heal/be healed by other players

To prevent abuse, there is a 20 second cooldown between switching from PVE to PVP mode. So for example a player in PVE cannot use the hat to get close to another player, then take it off and shoot him.

Anyway this suggestion is good because:

1) It makes sense story-wise, as the UN is the primary peacekeeper organization

2) It basically lets people play the "medic" role

3) Some people complain about KOS - they will now be able to choose to just wear this hat and be immune to it. Of course downside for them is that they also cannot shoot other player themselves

LMK what you think of this idea!

No is my opinion, but I like the idea of having certain clothing signify you as friendly. I am certain once the game gets under way players will decide on such things for themselves. Bullet immunity though.... that sucks majorly.

The United Nations stands for peace and neutrality, and united nations soldiers protect those principles and should not get shot by other players

However whenever I wear the UN hat I still get shot on sight, perhaps even more frequently then when I am not wearing one, which does not make sense.

So my suggestion is:

Any player wearing a United Nations beret is in PVE only mode - he cannot injure other players, and other players cannot injure him. He can still heal/be healed by other players

To prevent abuse, there is a 20 second cooldown between switching from PVE to PVP mode. So for example a player in PVE cannot use the hat to get close to another player, then take it off and shoot him.

3) Some people complain about KOS - they will now be able to choose to just wear this hat and be immune to it. Of course downside for them is that they also cannot shoot other player themselves

1st abuse that got in to my mind in like 5 sec. 2 people play together. 1st has mosin with scope, 2nd is naked in UN beret. Guy with mosin sits in pine tree and guy with beret just hug other guys so he can see what they are doing :)

Also simply NO coz this is Day Z not PvE adventure game.

EDIT:

Btw. what about people that love to kill UN people? :D U discriminate them.

Edited by Gaweu

So my suggestion is:

post-189921-0-16108000-1390917753_thumb.

This literally would take everything out of the game that makes it what it is. The risk of being shot on sight is a key aspect of the game, it's what gives Dayz it's adrenalin & Tension. Plus watching bulletproof jesus run around with his blue hat on would totally ruin the immersion.

And the reason your getting shot more frequently when wearing the UN beret is because it's bright fucking blue. -.- C'mon dude...

Edited by Xionage

Couldn't it just be manipulated by taking it off, attempting to kill someone and put it back on so they would be immune to any bullets fired at them?

Can I wear the hat to be invulnerable, quickly take it off and blow someone's head off with a shotgun, then put it back on?

Couldn't it just be manipulated by taking it off, attempting to kill someone and put it back on so they would be immune to any bullets fired at them?

well he has that covered, he says 20 seconds cooldown between switching

I love all the complete asshats in hear bitching at someones idea, like if the OP pissed and shit in there pizza rolls or spaghetti or something.

I like how the OP posted a stupidly ridiculous suggestion that goes against the core ethos of the game (you know, that it's harsh and unforgiving), gets lambasted for it by people with a modicum of sense about them, and then you call those people an asshat because of it.

well he has that covered, he says 20 seconds cooldown between switching

Oh, that makes it ok then. What about trolling someone by shooting them and then putting the beret on? OP didn't think that one through.

• Like 2

Nice idea, I also want to have this Morgan Freeman guy to be invulnerable, so he can all bring us salvation. 

I don't think having a special bullet proof beret is going to improve the game.  PvP, or the constant threat of PvP. is what makes DayZ so tense. 

Wear the UN beret and spread the word that those who wear it are friendly/medics - but dont expect players to follow the rules.

Even better, get involved with a good server with good admins that agree with you.

This idea is terrible and goes against the fundamental design principals that DayZ is about. I normally don't post on these forums but this idea is so mindblowinly detached from how DayZ functions that it makes me wonder why the OP plays this game. DayZ is not about carebear PvE only modes. While I do agree that there needs to be something done about the KOS that hinders social interaction, adding a toggleable PvE mode is not the answer and can only be nonconstructive to DayZ's development and progression.

• Like 1

I think you're onto something, but they should be pink panties! Then, when you put them on you get angel wings.... that lift you up into the clouds and off the map... then you can hang around with the rest of the angels up there and eat cake and play harps! When you get tired of that you can take them off and come back down to the map and play DayZ! :-) 

Does this suggestion have to have it's own thread or is it okay here? I really think this would take care of the PvP vs. PvE issue.

First of all, f*** the UN and their globalist agenda! Second, no, just no! Something like that would subtract from the realism and it's not like actual UN soldiers can't get shot in real life.

• Like 1

So my suggestion is:

Here is your flaw:

Wear UN Beret

Run around without a care.

Find player.

Hide in woods.

Remove Beret.

Wait 20 seconds.

Kill Player.

Put back on Beret.

• Like 1