#1 Charcoal

Charcoal

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

Am talking about the UN Military Beret

The United Nations stands for peace and neutrality, and united nations soldiers protect those principles and should not get shot by other players

However whenever I wear the UN hat I still get shot on sight, perhaps even more frequently then when I am not wearing one, which does not make sense.

So my suggestion is:

Any player wearing a United Nations beret is in PVE only mode - he cannot injure other players, and other players cannot injure him. He can still heal/be healed by other players

To prevent abuse, there is a 20 second cooldown between switching from PVE to PVP mode. So for example a player in PVE cannot use the hat to get close to another player, then take it off and shoot him.

Anyway this suggestion is good because:

1) It makes sense story-wise, as the UN is the primary peacekeeper organization

2) It basically lets people play the "medic" role

3) Some people complain about KOS - they will now be able to choose to just wear this hat and be immune to it. Of course downside for them is that they also cannot shoot other player themselves

LMK what you think of this idea!

#2 mkoval

mkoval

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:39 PM

The United Nations stands for peace and neutrality, and united nations soldiers protect those principles and should not get shot by other players

However whenever I wear the UN hat I still get shot on sight, perhaps even more frequently then when I am not wearing one, which does not make sense.

So my suggestion is:

Any player wearing a United Nations beret is in PVE only mode - he cannot injure other players, and other players cannot injure him. He can still heal/be healed by other players

To prevent abuse, there is a 20 second cooldown between switching from PVE to PVP mode. So for example a player in PVE cannot use the hat to get close to another player, then take it off and shoot him.

3) Some people complain about KOS - they will now be able to choose to just wear this hat and be immune to it. Of course downside for them is that they also cannot shoot other player themselves

Not to be rude but no.. this goes against everything dayz is about..

• Powell, Covent, Zarniwoop and 40 others gave their beans

2rh5nhh.png

#3 ConflictWY

ConflictWY

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:39 PM

"Games too hard! Make it easier!"

Edited by ConflictWY, 27 January 2014 - 08:40 PM.

• Grindstone, tinu1212, Easy_Tiger and 9 others gave their beans

#4 DJ SGTHornet

DJ SGTHornet

Gintama' Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1493 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

As much as I like both PVP and PVE.....this is just a NO. :3 I think it would be a bad idea, just wait for private hives then y'all can make all the PVE servers you want.

:beans: Battle_Cry.gif :emptycan:

#5 Victus Mortuus

Victus Mortuus

Hey...you friendly?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1657 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:42 PM

897267_o.gif

..... :emptycan:

• linfosoma, Flagella, Death Dealer and 7 others gave their beans

Every newspawn is like a newly hatched sea turtle trying to survive. The coast is rough, and many little turtles dies.

#6 Baby Jesus

Baby Jesus

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:43 PM

I think a good idea is to have the community recognize anyone wearing it as a friendly player. Bandits will obviously abuse this, but it's still worth a shot.

• ZlobaRUS54 and Railsplitter84 gave their beans

If you're going to kill fresh spawns... at least make it hilarious.  :P

#7 DemonGroover

DemonGroover

Bean King

• DayZ Forum Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6106 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

I don't think having a special bullet proof beret is going to improve the game.  PvP, or the constant threat of PvP. is what makes DayZ so tense. 

Wear the UN beret and spread the word that those who wear it are friendly/medics - but dont expect players to follow the rules.

• Max Planck, Zarniwoop, jesquik and 13 others gave their beans

Posted Image

#8 TwstedFate

TwstedFate

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

Um No....If your going to wear the UN Beret, then you must, as the UN, run from any engagements and seek refuge from anyone who will protect you....

Edited by TwstedFate, 27 January 2014 - 08:47 PM.

• The Shetlander gave their beans

You can give a man fire, and he's warm for a day.

But, if you set a man on fire, he's warm for the rest of his life!

#9 Zjasuu

Zjasuu

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

Everyone needs to stop this fucking shit, just because you suck at the game and have no social skills doesn't mean there should be a PvE only mode. It is the most retarded thing on these forums, and obviously KoS will decrease with time since now there are like 500 000 noobs playing the game, either they all stop playing it or they understand how boring it is to KoS, just stop these retarded threads please.

• bush, Awruk, MouseWithAnAttitude and 1 other gave their beans

#10 PineappleWolf

PineappleWolf

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

So my suggestion is:

Any gameplay mechanics made for fluffyness are a no. Did you even see the drawbacks of all the fucking abuse? Oh wow, you can't shoot them... Good for them, they can run in, have god mode, and stalk people so that the rest of their group and come in and brutally slaughter them. It's just fake bambi baiting but the bait has god mode. Regardless, zombies aren't a threat, players are. You basically want some invulnerable whiner to be able to run around with a group, unable to get kill unless he somehow glitches and dies, and probably either store all their good loot, or save their shit for when someone else gets their head blown off while the snipers are wondering why the hell this beret guy is invulnerable? 

There is no PvE or PvP, only survival.

You're also in the wrong section of the forum I'm pretty sure.

Edit: What did I do to fuck up this post?, why is it WHITE?

Edit of the Edit(MattLightfoot): Fixed it for you as it hurt my eyes

Edited by Matt Lightfoot, 29 January 2014 - 12:44 PM.

• SurvivorX and TomJeff gave their beans

#11 janol

janol

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

Suggestion: Put on the Beret. Assume you are on PvE only mode. Play the game. Blame any and all anomalies (getting killed) on alpha.

• Matt Lightfoot, AnyoneInCherno?, Martmital and 1 other gave their beans

-hugs & kisses

#12 DJ SGTHornet

DJ SGTHornet

Gintama' Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1493 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

Zjasuu, everybody has there own way of playing. Stop being a asshat and hating on anything that can be a choice.

• Jake71887 and SurvivorX gave their beans

:beans: Battle_Cry.gif :emptycan:

#13 Korsbaek

Korsbaek

Mostly Inactive...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3424 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

*Clears throat*

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHA, no.

• phoboss, The Shetlander, meat pie and 4 others gave their beans

Everything I say is for fun! Everything! Except for this. I am very serious right now...

#14 Flagella

Flagella

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

No

You're a dumb

If you wanna play PVE against the extreme amount of zombies on the game go hire a server yourself

And no
  • meat pie, SurvivorX and TomJeff gave their beans

#15 janol

janol

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:59 PM

Absolute no for any implemented mechanics like that one.

On a more serious note, it is of course quite possible that something like this berret idea could in time become a small trend among medic-players, giving a limited signal to others (and at the same time, a new favourite headwear for trolls and bandits).

• SurvivorX and TomJeff gave their beans

-hugs & kisses

#16 Scofflaw

Scofflaw

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

Can anyone explain to me what PVE mode is?  You can go hours without needing food/water, and zombies take 1 hit with an axe.  What exactly do you do when you "pve"?

• HeinrichM, bobotype3334 and TomJeff gave their beans

#17 Gews

Gews

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5165 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

SUGGESTION: no.

• bonsai, Korsbaek, SurvivorX and 1 other gave their beans

Xohynlw.jpg

#18 Monkfish

Monkfish

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:14 PM

Wow. Just... wow. I thought the cooking meth suggestion was daft, but a magical beret that stops bullets? Now I've heard it all. Ludicrous suggestion is ludicrous and wide open for all sorts of exploitation and fuckery. Absolutely not.

If you want to wear the beret and pretend you're fighting the good fight, then carry on, just don't cry into your milk when you get shot in the face. Repeatedly. At range. And close up. With everything.

*wanders off shaking head*

• meat pie, SurvivorX, MouseWithAnAttitude and 1 other gave their beans

Dear Forum Members: Want to make a suggestion? Got a gripe about the game? Go ahead, but please bear this in mind; Loot spawning is mostly broken. Loot variety is very low because it's not been put into the game yet/is broken. Zombie AI is a placeholder and broken. Zombie numbers are very low because the zombie spawning is broken. Zombies, in fact, are just broken.  Player spawning is mostly broken. It's an early Alpha, most of it is broken. Please understand this BEFORE you start another topic asking from something to be fixed that the normal development process will take care of. Please also SEARCH for keywords relating to your idea to see if it has already been posted BEFORE posting it yourself. Thank you.

#19 yogi92

yogi92

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:01 PM

Can anyone explain to me what PVE mode is?  You can go hours without needing food/water, and zombies take 1 hit with an axe.  What exactly do you do when you "pve"?

It is my understanding, that OP actually meant nonPVP rather than PVE. You have to forgive him on that.

#20 Fruit_loop87

Fruit_loop87

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:13 PM

Lol if they do that and I know they won't because its just a really bad idea sorry, I'm not a kos type of player just not my style of playing dayz but you need kos people to make the game hard and fun, but for your that one ill follow you after talking to you and you wasted all of your bullets take it of get you in my sight and bang your dead with your idea lol.. It wouldn't work it would make more kos you get sit in a bush with it on see someone take it off lock and load get a clear shot and bang more dead new spawns then you can poke a stick at