RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

I encountered something weird the other day, A friendly hacker.

I was running around the woods by Berezino when I heard a lot of shooting from the harbour. I made my way there and someone shoots at me so i run into the apartment buildings. Shortly after a naked guy runs in there bleeding. He doesnt see me so i call to him and offers to bandage him. I try three times but it doesnt work. Eventually he runs off. I continue into town and suddenly a fully specced guy runs up to me and start throwing his things on the ground. I ask him why and he says thank you for earlier. Turns out its the guy I tried to bandaged that has in less than five minutes gotten hold of and m4 with acog and other attachments, high capacity vest, four ammoboxes full of 5.56 and six double 60 round magazines, all full. Theres also two yellow boxes with stuff in them.  And this was before 0.47 so he couldn't have gotten it from a tent.

I tried out the m4 to see if it was hacked but its was normal. Then I got killed by someone I unloaded sixty bullets into in a stairwell in Elektro and that was the end of that

I really think some hackers do it to hunt down them bady bandits, kind of "hacking for the good of DayZ". And being friendly is rewarded... KILLEM ALL! Or better ban them. Either way, seen it before, it does not seem so rare.

Edited by bautschi

Exploiters are out of control again, can't go a day without multiple infinite ammo m4s and wall glitchers.  Really really really wish this shit would be addressed, especially wall glitching.

Duping is going to be a big issue once persistence is enabled.  In the neaf ATC today I encountered just boxes upon boxes of duped ammo/mags.  A lot were ruined, but many weren't.  There is no way to destroy this stuff without hiding it on a body.  The only other option is throwing it in some out of the way place.  If persistence is for every item, there will quite quickly be a lot of this duped stuff just piling up every where, it's gonna be really bad.

Seen a decrease in actual hacks at least.

I was running around the woods by Berezino when I heard a lot of shooting from the harbour. I made my way there and someone shoots at me so i run into the apartment buildings. Shortly after a naked guy runs in there bleeding. He doesnt see me so i call to him and offers to bandage him. I try three times but it doesnt work. Eventually he runs off. I continue into town and suddenly a fully specced guy runs up to me and start throwing his things on the ground. I ask him why and he says thank you for earlier. Turns out its the guy I tried to bandaged that has in less than five minutes gotten hold of and m4 with acog and other attachments, high capacity vest, four ammoboxes full of 5.56 and six double 60 round magazines, all full. Theres also two yellow boxes with stuff in them.  And this was before 0.47 so he couldn't have gotten it from a tent.

I tried out the m4 to see if it was hacked but its was normal. Then I got killed by someone I unloaded sixty bullets into in a stairwell in Elektro and that was the end of that

In the future please just don't even accept stuff from people cheating, it just perpetuates these items.

• Like 2

i reposted my video to show people where most hackers dwell in Berezino and to prove they can be killed even though it takes patience and effort its possible. even though i didn't live after i took a few of them out i still had a great feeling of success.

• Like 1

Played nearly 150 hours on 30-40 player servers and have only encountered minor hacks of infinite mags and wall glitching.

It is much better than the mod unless that server was an infistar.de anti hack tool.

Probably already been reported but the NEA is pointless now for PVP and I wouldn't recommend going their without a large group on a 40 player server. So many people are in the walls of the ATC...

I've got 80 hours in, and have run into a hacker once. He wasn't even really hacking, he was just playing music over global. That was a week or two ago.

Probably already been reported but the NEA is pointless now for PVP and I wouldn't recommend going their without a large group on a 40 player server. So many people are in the walls of the ATC...

Wouldn't go there anyway since it's been changed!

Well I just ran into a hacker at berezino who was flying around, then spawned me a bunch of gear... then broke my legs

• Like 1

Well I just ran into a hacker at berezino who was flying around, then spawned me a bunch of gear... then broke my legs

That was grey hat hacker.

Got shot at through my bulletproof tents. There are still PBO cheaters?

Tent was prob nerfed

Just got killed by a hacker this game is amazing :D

Merged.

Tent was prob nerfed

Nope, just tested it with another tent. I had a buddy deploy his tent and asked him to try to hurt me from outside. He couldn't do it.

I got rekt by hekkers again. 

• Like 1

Nope, just tested it with another tent. I had a buddy deploy his tent and asked him to try to hurt me from outside. He couldn't do it.

I got rekt by hekkers again. 

Well only thing that is stopping people from exploiting .pbo is BattlEye check.

And people are bending backwards to take advantage of it.

How it was first?

Just delete your .pbo -> just rename your .pbo --> just delete your .pbo when loading in game ---> just switch your .pbo

Maybe there is another unpatched method to exploit .pbo .. again.

Well only thing that is stopping people from exploiting .pbo is BattlEye check.

And people are bending backwards to take advantage of it.

How it was first?

Just delete your .pbo -> just rename your .pbo --> just delete your .pbo when loading in game ---> just switch your .pbo

Maybe there is another unpatched method to exploit .pbo .. again.

I heard BE's been banning PBO cheating for a while.

I heard BE's been banning PBO cheating for a while.

Yes.

To stop .pbo exploits plague they switched kicks to bans if something is 'wrong' with your .pbo.

Yes.

To stop .pbo exploits plague they switched kicks to bans if something is 'wrong' with your .pbo.

BE always banned for such exploits as they are also considered cheating. Remember that this is different from the game's own kicks ("Session lost") which didn't/don't fully work. Edited by BEdev-Sable

05 August 2014
After a little hope with 0.47.124641
Still many duplicated stuff exploit (mostly M4 with infinite magazine/bullets, and high-end gears)
Legit players seems more than never jaded and bored with that...

Me and my brother just got killed for the 20th time by a cheater.
I was in the big room on the second floor of a police station, with no sight in at me and my brother was like 3-400 meters away in another building and suddenly we hear an AK spraying with an unlimited clip and we both die at the same time.
This is getting ridiculous...
Also, when are you going to fix so players can't glitch through walls?
The glitch where you can role in to the wall in the air control towers must be fixed.
Atm you can also run with a mosin up towards a wall and shoot someone on the other side because the rifle goes through it.

Edited by Halven
  • Like 2

There has been a huge influx of hackers recently in DayZ. I have witnessed over 5 accounts in the last 2 days of playing. I have also seen tons of duping areas where players have duped their characters over 20 times and there are piles of high cap vests, drum mags, and lots of bullets. 

Just 15 minutes ago i logged into the barracks in turovo and did not even move once. I instantly heard another player(the only other player in the server) so naturally I aimed my rifle to the stairs. He would have no way to see my position or even assume i would be in the same area as him. He prefires and runs backwards up the stairs. Every shot hit me since i didnt hear the bullets hit the wall. He was aiming straight at me. Clearly wall hacking and possibly aim hacking. He wouldn't even have time to wall glitch to see me it was so fast.

I've experience 2 other times where players literally came running in through the walls of the building i'm in to spray me down. This game has become nothing but a breeding ground for hackers and dupers. Maybe its time to jump on the wagon??? 

I have about 300 hours into the game and I haven't experienced this many hackers yet. Is DayZ part of VAC yet? Since the game is in alpha are there not anti-cheat methods?

Are there private servers that i can join that are heavily moderated to almost eliminate hackers and how could i get into these? I have never hacked in a game before but if its this easy and everyone is jumping off the bridge.......

• Like 2

This game has become nothing but a breeding ground for hackers and dupers. Maybe its time to jump on the wagon???

I was also considering this.

The only game I hacked tho was the Diablo 2 (I used the infamous 'maphack' but who wasn't? ).

Now I consider to create new Steam account and buy DayZ to join the hackers.

I was also considering this.

The only game I hacked tho was the Diablo 2 (I used the infamous 'maphack' but who wasn't? ).

Now I consider to create new Steam account and buy DayZ to join the hackers.

I see you have fallen into their trap.