DayzForumer

Stay away from the shotgun(s), here is why.

I just saw a video where a guy shot people dead with one (NOT sawn off) at a distance of 10m max. Insta kills in row. Maybe lucky ones, maybe certain ammo, but still.

vid-link? :>

If only BIS was actually in charge of the weapons in dayz. Maybe then we would get proper weapons.

The full-length version should be devastating if you don't use the speedloaders. Too devastating, each pellet has the damage of a 5.56mm bullet.

• Like 1

speedloader pellets a muzzle velocity of 260 m/s.   Without using the 2-round speedloader the pellets should go the full, physically-impossible 900 m/s.

It's clear whoever typed those values in either [a] didn't take proper care or isn't aware of how to properly set up ammo and magazine config. I'm surprised because BIS should know this stuff by heart, they made the whole thing in the first place...

So there's your answer it would seem. Don't use the speedloaders, it appears they reduce the pellet damage by 71%.

How/from where do u know..?^^

(not that i dont trust you, but i want to know the source)

How/from where do u know..?^^

(not that i dont trust you, but i want to know the source)

Game files, they're in your PC too.

class M_12ga_Pellets_Snaploader : PistolMagazine {

scope = public;

displayName = "12ga Pellets Snap Loader";

descriptionShort = "A snaploader for 12ga shells loaded with pellets";

model = "\dz\weapons\attachments\magazine\snaploader.p3d";

itemSize[] = {1, 1};

ammo = "B_12Gauge_Pellets";

ammoItem = "Ammo_12ga_Pellets";

count = 2;

initSpeed = 260;

tracersEvery = 0;

• Like 2

To those who even didnt shot with a shotgun once... here take a look at these videos and you will understand what kinda destructive power a shotgun in close range has... someone with the idea of shooting with shotgun at long ranges should try to see the doctor anyway.

I am going to assume that 4 - 5 hits means shot from the buckshot. I killed a player with one shot at thirty feet. I killed another with two shots at 100. Not sure what everyone else is getting, just my experience.

I will say the shot gun is my least favorite weapon.

• Like 1

Mate just got shot by a double barreled from 5 meters and didn't die.

Either the damage is horribly off or its just bugged.

At that range a shotgun blast should be deadly.

I've been one shot by shotguns twice now. I don't know where the fuck the 4-5 shots per kill shit is coming from. One guy was kneeling on the bottom of a staircase in one of the jails of an airstrip. Dead in one shot. Another guy was running into a fire station in Elektrozavodsk as I was running out. Dead in one shot.

In the first scenario I had a pristine ballistics helmet and press vest. In the second scenario I was newly spawned within ten minutes of being killed.

speedloader pellets only doing 29% of the damage it's supposed to,

aOqZZ7R_460sa.gif

Yea F all these civilian weapons that i can't use to get my 700 meter headshot snipe.

We need more of dem MILITARY GRADE weapons for all us militarized zombie apocalypse survivors.

No civis 'round here boy.

Excuse me sir, I believe your game is down the hall, 3rd door on the left.

scope = public;

itemSize[] = {1, 1};

count = 2;

initSpeed = 260;

tracersEvery = 0;

And Gews saves the day again. I really think the idea of a speed loader if a double barrel is stupid, at least in game. You should be able to hit r and reload the shotty without "mags", and add the ability to mix and max shells like load 1 buck and 1 slug.

Edited by Deity
  • Like 1

Yea F all these civilian weapons that i can't use to get my 700 meter headshot snipe.

We need more of dem MILITARY GRADE weapons for all us militarized zombie apocalypse survivors.

No civis 'round here boy.

get a life child... this aint COD of BF4 or any FPS game.. this is a post apocalyptic horror survival game... the main point of this game is not killing people. its to try to stay alive in a hostile environment and the hardships the world brings with it.

if you do not understand this easy thing then youre definitely not suited to play this game

Edited by gingatsu
  • Like 1

And Gews saves the day again. I really think the idea of a speed loader if a double barrel is stupid, at least in game. You should be able to hit r and reload the shotty without "mags", and add the ability to mix and max shells like load 1 buck and 1 slug.

I haven't seen the shotgun speedloader in-game yet... but I have a 12ga carrier for my CASS rig that has three doubles.  Takes a practiced jerk when you break the action to kick out the spent hulls (polished chambers, no ejectors) but you grab two fresh shells in one hand from the carrier and load them both in one motion.

Why would they even bother putting this in the game when its clearly just as bad as the one in the mod which nobody ever bothered with? Give me the Winchester any day. Oh and Dogs can look up!.

scope = public;

itemSize[] = {1, 1};

count = 2;

initSpeed = 260;

tracersEvery = 0;

where did you find this info/how can people like me (total pc-n00bs) find it, too?

I had no problem with sawn off against zombies and also got killed twice by a normal one. It's better than nothing and better than a pistol.