commanderbash

ADD LTL ROUNDS!

ltl rounds  

58 members have voted

1. 1. would you like less then lethal rounds added to the game?

• yes, more variety makes for a more dynamic gaming experiance
    • nope, death is your only option.

there's a lot of people complaining about KOS in this game, quite honestly I'm taking care of a threat, with cuffs and the burlap sacks, and now shotguns, I feel now is a better time then ever to add LTL rounds the game. these are a common riot control round for 12 gauge shotguns, such as rubber balls, bean bags, mace infused bean bags, even 12 gauge taser projectiles. there are LTL rounds for the .45 and 5.56, but there of very limited effectiveness even IRL

• Like 12

this is a very nice idea maybe the heros of dayz would use these against bandits or just people being dicks,

because it stuns them they could run up and place handcuffs on them and bring them to justice or finish them off if they didnt agree to resign from the dark side XD

you definitely have my beans 

Edited by WiseOwl99

Maybe you want to explain what LTL rounds are.

We haven't all been in the army...

I like this suggestion, and on top of this you should be able to handcuff unconscious players. 

Tho I have to say.... Breaking point has a similar system in the ARMA 3 version but it doesn't work well.... most people drop them as soon as they get lethal rounds.

Korsbaek:

Less Then Lethal rounds are a form of ammunition that is meant to incapacitate, rather then kill, the people you shoot, they are designed to be just under the force required to penetrate the body, but can and have broke smaller bones.  they incapacitate their target by the immense pain of being shot by them, such as with the bean bag or rubber bullets. there are some 12 gauge rounds that take a spin on this such as bean bags infused with military grade mace which give all the pain of being shot plus mace. or the taser round, a recent addition that constitutes a 12 guage shell which projectile is a self contained taser.

there are .45 and 5.56 rubber bullet ammo. but as I said before, they don't work well, even in real life, because of the weight limitation of these relatively small rounds. so I'd be happy just to get 12 guage LTL rounds of some sort, preferably taser rounds.

there effect in game, once you hit the damage threshold, could be to knock the player unconscious, then you could do what ever you decided not to kill them for. escape, cuff them and take their stuff. what ever it was they you didn't want them dead for.

in all honesty there shouldn't be anyone that doesn't want these in game, because you can choose what ever ammo you want, but if I choose to use LTL then you're not dead after our firefight. they're usually as hard, if not harder, to use compared to regular rounds so there's unlikely to be a decisive advantage to their use. their sole purpose is to try not to kill the person your shooting at for those of us that want to eliminate the threat and not the person.

Edited by commanderbash
  • Like 3

I'm just gonna say anyone who uses less-than-lethal ammunition in a real life firefight fully deserves their Darwin award.

and anyone stating they want to be shot by lethal rounds will receive Darwin awards 10% copper and %90 lead by volume

People saying they wouldn't use them is a moot point, the fact is you should want them used on you regardless.

For example I'd carry a sawn off shotgun with two taser rounds around in case I got caught in a spot where i'd either have to kill or logout, then i'd have a third option where no one has to die.

• Like 1

I can tell LTL rounds will (eventually) become popular.

No sarcasm there. I'd use them myself if possible and without major drawback.

Well, I can't imagine nonlethal rounds being too common. Even then, it's really stupid to use them in a firefight unless you were desperate. I would only ever switch to those rounds if I really needed them, preferring regular ammunition over them.

I can say having some form of nonlethal ammo would be cool, though, because incapacitating an enemy would work for bandits or people outside of firefights.

Well, I can't imagine nonlethal rounds being too common. Even then, it's really stupid to use them in a firefight unless you were desperate. I would only ever switch to those rounds if I really needed them, preferring regular ammunition over them.

I can say having some form of nonlethal ammo would be cool, though, because incapacitating an enemy would work for bandits or people outside of firefights.

Quote : whatever Gews said

It's not meant to be the most powerful , its purpose is to knock the fuck out of someone because they are acting out of hand and you dont want to kill them haha . its also not meant to be compared to a real gun , obviously you wouldnt use this in a fire fight over a real gun if you had one.Im pretty sure they've confirmed one of these items to be put in in the near future. Probly the riot bean bags or tAzer guns again but id prefer bean bags so we can see something new .

If you seriously think the heroes of Chernarus are going to combat coastline bandits, ghosters, server hoppers and combat loggers by shooting them with non-lethal rounds and handcuffing them, you're a fucking tool. Who in their right mind would shoot an asshole with non-lethal rounds so you can ask them nicely to stop shooting freshspawns.

ever watch frankiein1080p ? you know what he does to incapacitate on the dayz mod? we shoots someone so they're unconscious, then bandages them, takes their gun and anything else he wants then leaves them be. they get away with their life, and he gets pick of the litter. best scenario for everyone

this is the interaction that I'd like to see, where you could choose not to kill your prey. if you don't want to use them, then don't, go be a cod kiddie or what ever else it is you want to do. I don't see how so many people could miss the point so intently, the point of LTL rounds is to have the option of allowing your victim continued life.

I personally would like the ability to subdue someone I happen upon, take what I want off them, cuff and bag them, then let them be, in a minute or two they'll wiggle out of the restraints without any idea where I went off to, but they have their life and most the gear they works hard to find, and I have everything I would have taken off them if I killed them anyways. I would be very happy with this scenario

if you've played APB you'll know that LTL rounds have significant disadvantages and don't work in every scenario. but its the ones that they would work for that would makes the game more magical leaving people with the kind of stories they tell their friends of.

if you rather shoot everyone you see dead. that's the way you want to play, and I'm not saying you have to change that. but I want to change that. I want to let them live.

Edited by commanderbash

Never heard of "tazer rounds" before, and they seem a little silly and farfetched (as do rubber bullets for handguns/rifles), but I'm all for 12GA beanbags and rubber slugs as long as we don't start finding them more often than standard 00 or rifled slugs.

Edited by dvsilverwing

Never heard of "tazer rounds" before, and they seem a little silly and farfetched

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQHai-MkDkM

there are a several companies making them, and they've been in production for the last 5-10 years. a reason they would end up in cherno would could be the armies first order to restrain the population prior to the extent of the issue being realized. what ever way you want them to make sense to be there, its a taser without the taser. 12 Ga bean bags would work too, but these would defninitely be more effective since they should be able to incapacitate with 1-2 shots, and its a double barreled shotgun

If you seriously think the heroes of Chernarus are going to combat coastline bandits, ghosters, server hoppers and combat loggers by shooting them with non-lethal rounds and handcuffing them, you're a fucking tool. Who in their right mind would shoot an asshole with non-lethal rounds so you can ask them nicely to stop shooting freshspawns.

Me.

Starve the bastard, march him down the streets.

Leave him bloodied and bruised, forced to wriggle out of his handcuffs for 30 minutes before he can get his gun back and find it is broken and empty of ammo.

Leave an open can of beans near him, but steal everything he has to open it.

Hahahahahahaa, justice for all the lives and dreams he crushed.

They will work great with rag doll, taser weapons can lock all your muscles up for a few seconds basically causing you to fall flat on your face if you're running forward.

Not sure how rubber bullets act, maybe cause a running player to loose his footing experience pain and get a bit of tunnel vision.

However, you would expect live rounds to have similar effects and not having hostile people choosing LTL over live rounds.

• Like 2

Who in their right mind would shoot an asshole with non-lethal rounds so you can ask them nicely to stop shooting freshspawns.

People who think public ridicule and embarrassment is a more severe punishment in this game then simply dealth - like me, and apparently AP_Norris above me.

Riskier to do?  Sure I suppose - depends if I got the drop on the guy or not.  See a couple vets standing on a beach making fresh spawns dance or something, come up behind them with my buddies and taser them, handcuff them, and let the fresh spawns take their gear.  Then maybe steal their pants, take some blood, and feed them rotten fruit.  "Hope you learned your lesson guys."

If they rather combat log then serve the indignity, that's there prerogative - but with new patch sounds like they'll be waiting a few before playing again and they'll have lost all their gear anyway and log in with a sick status, low blood status, and probably handcuffed if that tracks from server to server.  I think they'd still get the message even then.

Edited by - Karma -
  • Like 2

^ Pretty much.

Doesn't matter if some people here can't imagine using LTL rounds or think they are not useful.

Demand WILL be there. All we need. And of course, Dev consideration and implementation.

• Like 2

I personally don't understand that argument. "That's stupid, why would you use that?" Why not? Wouldn't you at least like the option? Anything that adds a play style and makes the game diverse and dynamic is an awesome thing. I'm hoping to see knock out gas canisters. Not sure if that would a little too op, but for people who run solo and want to incapacitate a group at once that would be sweet.

• Like 3

We are, however, all on the internet.

• Like 2

there's a lot of people complaining about KOS in this game, quite honestly I'm taking care of a threat, with cuffs and the burlap sacks, and now shotguns, I feel now is a better time then ever to add LTL rounds the game. these are a common riot control round for 12 gauge shotguns, such as rubber balls, bean bags, mace infused bean bags, even 12 gauge taser projectiles. there are LTL rounds for the .45 and 5.56, but there of very limited effectiveness even IRL

You don't suggest what they should exactly do though.

If it's going to be non-lethal it still has to be effective enough to stop someone or at least have some reason to be used...

Post Process Effects are out of the question until they're locked on.

Perhaps getting hit with one reduces your energy until you're unconscious? might be good if you wanna rob someone and be morally high-standing.

You don't suggest what they should exactly do though.

If it's going to be non-lethal it still has to be effective enough to stop someone or at least have some reason to be used...

Post Process Effects are out of the question until they're locked on.

Perhaps getting hit with one reduces your energy until you're unconscious? might be good if you wanna rob someone and be morally high-standing.

Mmmm, it needs to blur your screen really.

That's the only realistic way to simulate the pain has on your ability to focus on a target.

Sides of the screen getting darker as well to simulate tunnel vision sort of squinting stuff.

Normal rounds SHOULD have the same effects when you're hit.

Getting hit in the head should knock you out.

It should have the effect of stopping or slowing you down, maybe even falling down or unconscious (which bullets also need to do).

If you had a gun, you should still be able to point and shoot however with massive visibility, recoil and sway issues taking effect on your aim.

So you would have to be confident he isn't armed with more than a melee weapon or wasn't pointing his gun at you as you hit him with a non knockout shot.

Taser shots need to be a bit different, it should lock your muscles causing you to fall over and be barely able to move your arms or maybe even shoot.

earlier in the thread I stated that once enough ltl damage is done it you should fall unconscious, for at least 30 seconds for example. this gives the LTL attacker enough time to come up to you and cuff you/disarm you. a pseudo health bar specific to LTL damage would work well. the best implementation I've seen is one where the characters LTL HP equals their current HP - LTL damage. so for example if you got shot with an actual gun, that brought your health down to half, and after you were to be attacked after by an LTL weapon it'd only take half as much LTL damage to incapacitate you., because you'd have half your maximum HP