Sign in to follow this  
Mao Zedong

Let's make this game realistic

Every copy should cost no less than $1000. If you die, you're dead forever. You have to buy a new copy. YOU CAN'T RESPAWN IN REAL LIFE. There should also be treadmills, etc that must be bought to simulate actual running for the game. 

This is obviously just a satirical rant generated from the argument that certain things is dayz should/shouldn't be added because it's realistic.

TLDR; "realism" should not be a valid argument for dayz development and features. Please don't use it. 

• Like 1

Let's make a few random spawns blind when they load in because realism. 

What about conjoined twins? O.o?

• Like 1

Not realism. You can't have that in full in any game. Authenticity. ;) That is what this game is striving to be. 

Edited by Zarniwoop

TLDR; "realism" should not be a valid argument for dayz development and features. Please don't use it. 

In games, there's a difference between realism and things being "realistic." It's subtle, but it's there. I promise. "Realism" is absolutely something that DayZ aspires to, but it does not attempt to be completely realistic. Realism, in short, is the desire to model reality as nearly as possible while still remaining a playable game that can be programmed in a reasonable amount of time.

I would write more but since you didn't actually address any particular issue, there's really nothing to respond to.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

YOU CAN'T RESPAWN IN REAL LIFE.

AHA!

Who told you that, assuming yer posting u never tried it yet. not goin to turn that into a question of faith but...

wiedergeburt.jpg

Edited by Guest

In games, there's a difference between realism and things being "realistic." It's subtle, but it's there. I promise. "Realism" is absolutely something that DayZ aspires to, but it does not attempt to be completely realistic. Realism, in short, is the desire to model reality as nearly as possible while still remaining a playable game that can be programmed in a reasonable amount of time.

I would write more but since you didn't actually address any particular issue, there's really nothing to respond to.

Mine would be the fact that one of the only times of the day I get to play is only going to be during night mode at this point.