Disgraced

Why does the standalone use my Windows username?

It used to be that, in the mod, you could create a new account, although it used your windows account name initially.

I can't find where I can change my player name in the stand alone. Can someone clue me in? I hate that it uses my 'real name'.

Thanks,

Not Will G

Change your name in standalone, in new update just press at your name when it starts up and delete it, enter new one. Enter.

It's supposed to use your Steam name, which is a bit annoying too.

Oh, and Hi Disgraced!

It's supposed to use your Steam name, which is a bit annoying too.

Oh, and Hi Disgraced!

Hiya,

Up until today, it did use my steam name which I was middling OK with, since I can change it when I want to.

I'm not sure I understand the instructions above, but I don't see my name until I am in game and press 'P'.

Can someone "pretend" that I am very dense and give me very specific instructions as to what screen and buttons to push to accomplish this??

Thanks..

Your name in the bottom right on the main menu, that's a text field. The -name=SmashT launch parameter also works I believe.

• Like 1

OK, for those who care... the name DOES appear on the first screen (where the 'Play' button is), on the new build. It's in the lower right corner. I SWEAR it was NOT there for me until a couple of minutes ago, and I had updated and played a few minutes, so who knows. Anyway, yes, clicking on the large text of my name allowed me to edit the name, which was a relief.

Does editing your name ultimately change your entire character and its belongings? As in, does everything you had under that name get wiped, or can you change your name with no fear of your inventory / character getting reset?

Well, funny you should ask.

I've had some oddities occur that I've been chalking up to 'alpha database'.

Once or twice, my character has reverted back to a variation from a couple of days ago. This just happened when I changed my name, so who knows if it's random, or related!

Hiya,

Up until today, it did use my steam name which I was middling OK with, since I can change it when I want to.

I'm not sure I understand the instructions above, but I don't see my name until I am in game and press 'P'.

Can someone "pretend" that I am very dense and give me very specific instructions as to what screen and buttons to push to accomplish this??

Thanks..

Just saw this on another post.  It shows you how to change your name.

http://orcz.com/DayZ_Standalone:_Changing_Character_Name

Edited by SirTexasSir