Sign in to follow this  
gregor (DayZ)

Some variants of headwear.

I guess, that would be sad, if the vast majority of players would wear mostly the ballistic helmets. Logically, Globalization also had touched this area, as well takes place a  convergence of the fashion (see the youth of big cities in different countries).

But something is still present (though a little less, than in previous years). So i gathered together some examples of of civil headdresses from the ex-ussr.
Some kind of newsboy caps, flat caps, taxi driver hat, hunter(worker)hat, etc.
The last is a cossack's papakha. They wear them on "patrols" in many Russian cities. Although Chernarus is not Russia, the Cossacks somehow represented in some republics.
The penultimate hat is a Turkmenistan's telpak. If you have seen movies about Russian Civil war in Middle Asia, you saw that the majority basmaches wore these hats. They work in two ways - protect against cold AND against heat. If we will see in DayZ the big mountains region (the northern mountain ridge), they may fit there good, imho.

28bcw7l.jpg

Edited by gregor

yes.

and please dont forget this classic :

487771_275408479202897_1178157215_n.jpg

#swag

What's this? A tent?

• Like 2

What's this? A tent?

No. It´s the raw mesh model for the bicycle everyone is waiting for.

#lowpoly

Starving during a firefight? There's a solution:

am9o2f.jpg

• Like 2

lol I like all the hat suggestions, I would probably like some different moto helmets, I don't like the decals on them that much, maybe a matte black one. Maybe the new ones could be dirtbike helmets

ss2500-hellnback-black-zm_370x362.jpg

Maybe a Bike helmet

giro-section-bike-hmlt-mttblk-12-zoom.jp

• Like 1

Yet some hats, which once was used in the army and later obsolete. After that they was widely used by civilians (without badge). Mostly by fieldworkers, geologists, foresters, gamekeepers, hunters etc.

It is logical, what not all those who came from games with pile of name tags, huds, friendly fire off and so on, can understand that it not a question of fashion.

It is obvious that the most distinguishable part of a outfit of the person is his headdress. This ain't nothing new, look at uniforms from previous eras.
Yes, would be highly anticipated the armbands in different colors , which can help to distinguish teammates at a short distance. But at a middle distance (and especially in bad weather and in the bad lighting etc) the effect of diffrent colors decreases drastically. But at the same there are distinctions of a form (that's why in the wars rival armies prefers helmets in different shapes).

Now if we add here 150 expected players on a map, of whom at least 4-5 will be as small gangs, then is obvious, that distinguish of teammates on mid to long distance in bad visibility isn't simple. But instead of whining to add bright nametags and all such unreal hud elements, is better pay attention on that how was this problem was solved in the past IRL.
Yes, someone wants to wear beer hats and such stuff, but, imho, they get only one result - much more frequent waking up on the coast. But I heard jogging is good for your health.

2u7cbjq.jpg35k7p1z.jpg10o4p44.jpg

Edited by gregor

Russian-style fur hats are a must!

...Also, burlab sack with eye holes. Preferably paintable.