Nagant M1895 - Poll

Nagant  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Would yoy like to see it in?

• Yes
    • No
    • Later in development
    • I don't care either way.

I don't know the numbers but it was in production for a fairly long time, even when the TT and Makarov were in service it was still used and produced.

2 Million, ending in 1945.

Yeah I thought it was going to be around that number.[ :o who in the world voted no.]

On that point i don't think a Python should be the 357 revolver that this game needs. Mostly due to rarity, they haven't been in mainstream production since the early 2000's. I think a K,L or N frame smith or a ruger GP100 as mentioned here would be better. A ruger or a K/L frame would be better and leave the N frames for a possible 44 magnum.

Did i mention that i think this game needs a 44 magnum? Just 'cause.

I like the GP100 what about the GP-161 model.

http://www.waffen-hanje.de/Hanje-neu-18-12-05/Ruger_GP161_L.jpg

I also completely agree about the ,44mag, although I will agree to the addition of any revolver :). I loved using the Raging Bull .44 in DayZRP.

Why such a terribly long barrel? A four inch barrel is sufficient, and also easier to handle.

It's just 2 inches longer but I wouldnt mind a conversion kit to a shorter barrel for easier handling or maybe the shorter GP-141 model, but wouldn't the six inch be a bit more acc at a distance.

but wouldn't the six inch be a bit more acc at a distance.

Mostly due to a longer sight line or sight radius, very little by the added barrel length itself. A longer barrel will give slightly greater velocity, but for all practical distances it makes little difference. The limitation lies usually in the shooter. Many revolvers have a great inherent accuracy, more so than pistols. But forgive me for going into too much technical detail.

Of course there should be different barrel lengths for flavor. :)

lol I don't mind the technical details, Yeah I didn't think it effected it to much, I just thought it would effect drop a bit with the increase in velocity with the extra barrel grooves.(Another person voted no...Savages)

I really hope they do add the Nagant though, using it with a suppressor would be kickass as a stealth revolver.

Makarov, TT-33, and the M1985 should be top priority for new weapons.  

After that we needs some Kalashnikovs

The CDF and ChDKZ definitely exist in DayZ lore.  You can see recruiting billboards for the CDF in towns and cities in the south predominately Chernarussian ethnic areas .   the ChDKZ have billboards in some of the northern towns (predominately Russian ethnic areas).   

EDIT:  The TTsKO camouflage is very similar to CDF uniforms  

While I have absolutely no problem with the current guns, some eastern weaponry should be added now.  But guns should be a relatively low priority until the big issues are fixed.  

Edited by Vindicator
  • Like 1

Where I live modern civilian handguns are far more prevalent than old military sidearms. What do we know about Chernarus before the apocalypse? Were there draconian gun control laws in place where civilian ownership of firearms in general were strictly regulated or outright prohibited?

I have seen far more Colt Python's than Nagant M1895 revolvers in civilian hands. I've also seen far more Ruger GP100's than Colt Python's. I hope we will see a plethora of guns, with some rare guns (police/military/full-auto) more common than others (old military relics/collectors firearms), and more of common civilian guns (everything from hunting rifles, to handguns, to crossbows). I don't think a former soviet satellite state simulator would be very enjoyable when it comes to guns.

Edit: Sweden never had the 1895 Nagant, but the 1887 Nagant.

US, Right?

I've seen the same thing.

The thing about chernarus is everyone is poor as shit. Most people simply can't afford a berreta, glock, abd especially not a Python. So your going to see more older or cheaper pistols and rifles. Mosins, TOZ rifles and shotguns, TTs, Makarovs and Nagants fall into this class. In addition, after the collapse of the soviet union, everything from Nuclear bombs to AKs were stolen from arsenals. Many of the firearms were sold to criminals. As you can see from the first pic theres tons of them lying around in warehouses, that are only now being sold as surplus.

And Norris, in Gews pick that was an APS stock. 

US, Right?

Nope, Sweden.

Post-soviet, yes, but the soviet collapse were 20+ years ago. Most former satellite states of eastern europe have made significant economical improvements since then.

Nope, Sweden.

Post-soviet, yes, but the soviet collapse were 20+ years ago. Most former satellite states of eastern europe have made significant economical improvements since then.

Chernarus had a civil war a few years ago.

Ok economy?

I severely doubt it.

Widh i could understand why people are voting no...

Theres no really big reason why it shouldn't be added, while theres plenty of reasons it should.

Savages, I mean its the only revolver that can use a suppressor. I really want to own one of these myself.

US I can buy mostly anything if I have the right permit. I would like to get a Nagant then get a suppressor later on. I also really want to get a Mosin as wel, I know a military buff who has just about everything from suppressors to a Browning .30 cal. I also just recently moved near a class 3 gun dealer, have not visited his shop but I bet he has a lot.

US I can buy mostly anything if I have the right permit. I would like to get a Nagant then get a suppressor later on. I also really want to get a Mosin as wel, I know a military buff who has just about everything from suppressors to a Browning .30 cal. I also just recently moved near a class 3 gun dealer, have not visited his shop but I bet he has a lot.

I'm going to get another gun sometime this year. Probably a CZ52, a Mosin M44 or Type 53, or a a Semi-auto PPS-43.

What i've got rn is a Nagant, Mosin, SKS, M59, Makarov and i sold my Tokarev :(

Soon if you post it they will come. BTW what type of SKS do you have I have a modern one myself with a folding stock I bet that makarov is nice to. lol and do you mean apc M59 that would be badass, the buff I know has his .30 cal on a restored army jeep he likes to drive around.

Its a 1950 russian SKS. I like to keep my guns in the original config becuase i'm more of a collector than shooter.

The M59 is a Yugoslavian SKS with Grenade launcher.

I know this guy who makes guns for movies. He also has 3 1919's... never seen them in action though.

I want a 1911 I saw a classic one in a store recently and I started drooling. I am really both I love collecting and shooting, there is rarely a gun you will find I dislike.

I can't say i really dislike anything made before 1960...

Anyone got anything else to add about this gun/reasons against it?

Yeah ammo is pretty messed up.. 

Btw, it CAN fire .38 caliber, different types producing varying results.

Btw, it CAN fire .38 caliber, different types producing varying results.

It can fire various .32 caliber cartridges, not .38 caliber. The Nagant is a .30 cal revolver so the bullets are slightly oversized. It's not recommended but that's up to you.

Because it operates in a (relatively) complex and unique way, and is a really sexy looking thing, it should be a fine addition to the world of DayZ in my opinion. Nice find!