Nagant M1895 - Poll

Nagant  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Would yoy like to see it in?

• Yes
    • No
    • Later in development
    • I don't care either way.

Considering the area this game takes place in, this gun > Really < Needs to be in in my opinion.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Nagant_M1895

None of those are great pics though. You can't really see it till you hold one..

But heres some facts. Between 1895 and 1945 2 Million were produced in Tsarist Russia and later, the UssR. It was designed by the Belgian Nagant brothers in the late 1880s and another version was made in Belgium. They saw heavy use During WWI, the russian revolution, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, and many other wars of that period. Even today, Despite being obsolete 10 years before it was introduced, it is used by Russian security guards and are bought as inexpensive collectors guns in the US.

Design:

This Revolver has an unusual design most CoD kiddies have never seen before. It holds 7 rounds of 7.62x38, but instead of the usual cylinder sliding out for reloading, a small loading gate on the right side has to be opened, and individual rounds loaded, one at a time. To unload or remove empty casings, a small ejector rod has to be rammed into each of the cylinders. From personal experience i can say to empty, then reload an empty gun takes close to a minute, and thats if the casings don't get stuck in the cylinder.

Most are double action, with a heavy trigger pull, but are fairly accurate in single-action.

The round is pretty much unique to this gun, and can be hard to find in the west. I was lucky and bought some from a small store that had 1000 rounds. In 5 years, i was the first to buy any...

But apparently its common in the east.

I really feel this gun should be in-game, alongside TT and PM pistols. It would be 50x as common as half the guns i've seen suggested.

Anyway, tell me what you think. Please don't let this thread be put to page ten by "Fix KoS" threads -

I'de like to know a dev atleast saw this

Nagant%20revolver%20%20in%20crate%202.jpJoseph_STALIN_s_own_revolver_NAGANT_M_18nkvd-soliders-firing-nagant-revolvers.jp

600px-State_Border2-Nagant.jpg

nagantruskies.jpg500px-Ispytatelnyy_Srok_Nagant-1.jpgc0644334e219cada920aba556a2e92e5.jpg

Edited by thedogfoodyayho
  • Like 19

I really feel this gun should be in-game, alongside TT and PM pistols. It would be 50x as common as half the guns i've seen suggested.

And 50 times less common than Tokarev and Makarov pistols.

• Like 2

Yeah I posted this in the guns thread, its the only revolver that can use a suppressor I believe because of the cylinder and the special round witch creates a seal it can also use several other types but it is not much advised.

But please if you dislike CoD just don't bring it up in the 1st place. I don't think it is a horrible series but i don't think its the best either, but I am tired of hearing oh you like this gun so you must be a CoD kiddie. Its gotten so bad people now believe CoD created zombies in video games, because every time I hear someone mention zombie its go back to CoD.

Ahem.......sorry for that rant I just am tired of the associative hate people have with CoD not saying your one of these people its just seeing the random CoD comment struck a cord lol. A lot of people forget that it used to be all WW2 games for CoD so does that mean I am a CoD fanboy if I like the Kar98 or the Mosin Nagant. Once again sorry for the rant.

Yup. :)

Yeah I posted this in the guns thread, its the only revolver that can use a suppressor I believe because of the cylinder and the special round witch creates a seal it can also use several other types but it is not much advised.

But please if you dislike CoD just don't bring it up in the 1st place. I don't think it is a horrible series but i don't think its the best either, but I am tired of hearing oh you like this gun so you must be a CoD kiddie. Its gotten so bad people now believe CoD created zombies in video games, because every time I hear someone mention zombie its go back to CoD.

Ahem.......sorry for that rant I just am tired of the associative hate people have with CoD not saying your one of these people its just seeing the random CoD comment struck a cord lol. A lot of people forget that it used to be all WW2 games for CoD so does that mean I am a CoD fanboy if I like the Kar98 or the Mosin Nagant. Once again sorry for the rant.

Nah your not. I'm tired off hearing "I want cars" " i want a .50 to spawn in firestations" "i want no traveling time" "i want there to be no KoS so i can KoS without fear." Ect. Those, along with kids who base 95% of their weapon knowledge off video games are cod kiddies. Average age: 11. 

The reason i hate cod is it hasn't changed in, what, 7 years now? It used to be a great series, then after MW2...

BTW, I played all the original CoD games, MW1/2/3, WAW, Blackops 1/2 ect. I have no idea why i kept buying after MW3. 

I now only own MW2 and WAW...

• Like 1

If i ever spent 5 mins to get a reddit account...

Unlikely. I'm far to lazy and will forget about it after i goti bed.

If i ever spent 5 mins to get a reddit account...

Unlikely. I'm far to lazy and will forget about it after i goti bed.

Keep this thread alive and I will do it for you sometime, maybe he will recognise me from last time.

This is also the only revolver that can be suppressed, correct?

I don't know the numbers but it was in production for a fairly long time, even when the TT and Makarov were in service it was still used and produced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagant_M1895

I think wikipedia has something to say about that.

"It remains in use with the Russian Railways and remote police forces.[4]"

"Despite being supplemented after 1930 by the Tokarev, it was never fully replaced until the arrival of the Makarov pistol in 1952. "

"The Nagant M1895 became the standard issueside arm for the Imperial Russian Army and police officers, and later for the Red Army and Soviet law enforcement."

It's a hell of a lot more likely to be in the area than the S&W i suggested a couple of days back. Probably should be as common as a TT-33 if not more common.

I don't know the numbers but it was in production for a fairly long time, even when the TT and Makarov were in service it was still used and produced.

It's a hell of a lot more likely to be in the area than the S&W i suggested a couple of days back. Probably should be as common as a TT-33 if not more common.

1, biggest reason, Chernarus is over 2,000 km from Moscow and only the Tsarist Russian Empire used the M1895

2, CDF standard service pistol is the Makarov

3, when I search for what police are seizing in Russia, I see a ton of Maks and clones. Most guns are semi-autos. However, being Russia, I also see a fair amount of Nagants!

1AgHbWo.jpg?1

Up6bbIP.jpg?1

EfqLIIo.jpg?1

um9FdRp.jpg?1

HGUBdQl.jpg?1

GECe0Nr.jpg?1

However, when I do the same searches for other former Soviet countries, the Nagants I saw in the Russian searches suddenly all but disappear:

Czech Republic, no Nagants.

Poland, no Nagants.

Ukraine, no Nagants.

Bulgaria, no Nagants.

But the Makarovs and Tokarevs are still there. And I see many other semi-automatics of various quality, but relatively few revolvers of any kind.

It seems to me the M1895 is only relatively common in Russian because they only used them in Russia. Standing by my comments!

• Like 3

I have two words for you Gews.

Colt. Python.

• Like 1

I have two words for you Gews.

Colt. Python.

Mmmmm hmmmm.

I have sixteen words for you, Dchil.

Should. Never. Have. Been. Placed. In. The. Game. In. The. First. Place. What. A. Terrible. Choice.

>: (

• Like 7

Hey look, a C96 stock in one of Gews pictures.

... Or is it too small for C96 :\

Edited by AP_Norris

Hey look, a C96 stock in one of Gews pictures.

... Or is it too small for C96 :\

Not a Mauser product.

But I did see *a couple* Mausers.

• Like 1

Not a Mauser product.But I did see *a couple* Mausers.

Mwuhhahahahha, the Mauser's live.

Nagant is a part of a whole slavic history... On present time many hideouts in the villages across all former Russian Empire hide a revolver. I vote - yes.

Where I live modern civilian handguns are far more prevalent than old military sidearms. What do we know about Chernarus before the apocalypse? Were there draconian gun control laws in place where civilian ownership of firearms in general were strictly regulated or outright prohibited?

I have seen far more Colt Python's than Nagant M1895 revolvers in civilian hands. I've also seen far more Ruger GP100's than Colt Python's. I hope we will see a plethora of guns, with some rare guns (police/military/full-auto) more common than others (old military relics/collectors firearms), and more of common civilian guns (everything from hunting rifles, to handguns, to crossbows). I don't think a former soviet satellite state simulator would be very enjoyable when it comes to guns.

Edit: Sweden never had the 1895 Nagant, but the 1887 Nagant.

Edited by oacceptabel

Where I live modern civilian handguns are far more prevalent than old military sidearms. What do we know about Chernarus before the apocalypse? Were there draconian gun control laws in place where civilian ownership of firearms in general were strictly regulated or outright prohibited?

I have seen far more Colt Python's than Nagant M1895 revolvers in civilian hands, and we manufactured them here in Sweden too! I've also seen far more Ruger GP100's than Colt Python's. I hope we will see a plethora of guns, with some rare guns (police/military/full-auto) more common than others (old military relics/collectors firearms), and more of common civilian guns (everything from hunting rifles, to handguns, to crossbows). I don't think a former soviet satellite state simulator would be very enjoyable when it comes to guns.

On that point i don't think a Python should be the 357 revolver that this game needs. Mostly due to rarity, they haven't been in mainstream production since the early 2000's. I think a K,L or N frame smith or a ruger GP100 as mentioned here would be better. A ruger or a K/L frame would be better and leave the N frames for a possible 44 magnum.

Did i mention that i think this game needs a 44 magnum? Just 'cause.

• Like 1

On that point i don't think a Python should be the 357 revolver that this game needs. Mostly due to rarity, they haven't been in mainstream production since the early 2000's. I think a K,L or N frame smith or a ruger GP100 as mentioned here would be better. A ruger or a K/L frame would be better and leave the N frames for a possible 44 magnum.

Did i mention that i think this game needs a 44 magnum? Just 'cause.

I agree, more wheelguns! :)

I'd like to see .38 Special ammo too, as an alternative with more manageable recoil (and less punch) than .357 Magnum ammo. The .38 Special is also likely the most common handgun cartridges in the world, or one of them. How would you suggest simulating .44 Magnum revolvers with regard to shooter fatigue? A really slow firing rate? Some kind of mandatory cooldown after firing, where quick consecutive shots deviate a lot from the point of aim?

Edit: Sorry about slipping off topic.

Edited by oacceptabel

Hey Gews, you do know Chernarus was part of russia until the collapse of the Soviet Union right?

And they were only used by Imperial russia? Hmmm... kinda interesting... mine was made in 1941 and has multiple soviet markings....

anyway, it's a revolver :)

take the beanz, sir

You see they're thinking about adding a leg holster from your suggestion?

Anyway, i will add some more pictures later.