Sign in to follow this  
Killroy6873

Is this a possible hacker or no?

My friend and I were on a DayZ Vanilla Mod server and we had been playing for a couple of hours.  A bandit was bragging about how many people they were killing and so we went to the fire station outside Electro and got some guns.  We were in the fire station when I got disconnected from the server.  At the exact same time my friend was shot and killed and so was I by the bandit.  The whole time we were playing I never got disconnected or had any issues.  Is it possible for a hacker to make you disconnect so that you can't move and they can kill you?  My screen froze for about 3 seconds before I got the disconnected screen and it kicked me back to the server screen.  It just seems to me very coincidental that when the bandit finds us together they shoot my friend and I get disconnected at the same time.  Thanks for any replies.

I dont think hackers can do that.

Welcome to the forums

My friend and I were on a DayZ Vanilla Mod server and we had been playing for a couple of hours.  A bandit was bragging about how many people they were killing and so we went to the fire station outside Electro and got some guns.  We were in the fire station when I got disconnected from the server.  At the exact same time my friend was shot and killed and so was I by the bandit.  The whole time we were playing I never got disconnected or had any issues.  Is it possible for a hacker to make you disconnect so that you can't move and they can kill you?  My screen froze for about 3 seconds before I got the disconnected screen and it kicked me back to the server screen.  It just seems to me very coincidental that when the bandit finds us together they shoot my friend and I get disconnected at the same time.  Thanks for any replies.

It really depends on the message you had when you were disconnected. We need more information about that. ;)