Kerbo

BattlEye update breaks filters

In case you are wondering about those "BattlEye Server: Incompatible filter file:" messages on your server console, look here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171691-Since-last-BE-update-Server-1-184-most-filters-fucked-up

All the filters will need to be converted to the new format.

I just discovered this as well.  A little disappointed since this seems to have had so little discussion or lack of it being announced to server operators.  It's great for those who are programmers / coders and know how to change their BE filters to use the regular expressions, but for those of us who are not, we are left with servers no longer protected by BattlEye.

This was a poorly implemented change and even the BE filters linked in the forums are still in the old format.

Edited by Skydive

I just discovered this as well.  A little disappointed since this seems to have had so little discussion or lack of it being announced to server operators.  It's great for those who are programmers / coders and know how to change their BE filters to use the regular expressions, but for those of us who are not, we are left with servers no longer protected by BattlEye.

This was a poorly implemented change and even the BE filters linked in the forums are still in the old format.

Yeah I agree my server was over run by idiots today so I had to take it down until I can figure out how to convert my BE filters into the new format. No fucking idea what the hell this new stuff is but I'm sure the devs have popped a tutorial up for everyone....?

Unfortunately, no tutorial. Here or on the BI web site.  The developers have just assumed that we all have the same level of intimate knowledge as they do.

Guest Dwarden

this was long time delayed action,

technically A2:OA BatlEye is now catching up with Arma 3 featureset

these who were behind DayZ mod filters knew about it from me for months

anyway, you need to understand that for BE author it's unfeasible to work on 3 or more different branches of code ...

the old BE filter system was terribly inferior to what can be done with full Regex (Regular Expression) implementation ..

in relation to new enhanced BE documentation that's still WIP

these who asked me on Skype, will get answers from me what/how to do for new BE filters (using those fine in our A3 servers)

(my skype is findable on the BIForums btw.)

but don't expect me rewrite whole DayZ mod (or each different modification of it) ...

there is reason why i after more than 1 year ceased to write the BE filters for DayZ mod

and let Facoptere (or others from dayz mod devs to take care off it)

i need focus on the things to come in future and not just the past ...

Edited by Dwarden
  • Like 1

Converting the server-side BE filters (not scripts.txt!) to the new format is actually quite simple. You just have to escape all regex metacharacters as described here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167504-Regular-Expression-%28Regex%29-Support-for-BE-Filters. Then just put "//new" at the beginning of each file so the BE Server actually loads it and you should be good to go.

And no, I'm not saying that this will only take a few minutes.

Converting the server-side BE filters (not scripts.txt!) to the new format is actually quite simple. You just have to escape all regex metacharacters as described here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167504-Regular-Expression-%28Regex%29-Support-for-BE-Filters. Then just put "//new" at the beginning of each file so the BE Server actually loads it and you should be good to go.

And no, I'm not saying that this will only take a few minutes.

If its so simple why wasn't a tool made available so we can update our existing filters instead of just completely disabling everyones BE filters?