floj

[POLL] - 3PP / 1PP and seeing round corners

280 members have voted

1. 1. Does the ability to see around cover affect you?

• I play 1PP only, I will never play in 3PP
    • I play 1PP, but would play 3PP if the ability to see around cover is fixed
    • I play 3PP but think the ability to see around cover should be fixed.
    • I play 3PP and don't think the ability to see around cover should be fixed.
    • I hate polls / no opinion on the ability to see around cover
  2. 2. Which solution would you prefer?

• The Fourth Wall mod type
    • Camera angle restrictions
    • Remove 3PP entirely
    • Other (please post in 3PP fix thread)
    • I don't want a solution
    • I still hate polls / no opinion

OK, sorry for bringing this up *again* but it seems that the playerbase is divided into roughly four categories on this matter with no-one budging, so, let's see how big each category is and how much weight each opinion is deserving of, because that's one thing a forum discussion can't ever show - all it does show is which posters have the most time on their hands ;)

Full discussion thread is here

Quick summary of the discussion:

3PP allows you to see over/around walls rather thanthe vision being based on your character's line of sight, read the OP from the thread linked above for more details. Does this affect you?

Edited by phlOgistOn
  • Like 3

Having the camera placed lower, like just over your right shoulder would be nice. This would stop people from looking at you over cover, like walls and rocks.

• Like 3

Why having separated server and hives is not an option?

Edited by Ken Bean
  • Like 2

There is allrdy a little restriction when going into crouch/prone but i like this to be extended especially in prone position.

• Like 1

Why having separated server and hives is not an option?

Since its allrdy underway beeing implemented as stated by the devs. They call it "hardcore" mode.

Having servers with 3PP:ON/OFF is the perfect solution to the problem.

I only play on 3PP:OFF, and I don't care that other people play the game differently than how I do.. shock and horror.

Edited by Covent
  • Like 9

Having servers with 3PP:ON/OFF is the perfect solution to the problem.

Not really, it affects balancing, divides the playerbase and results in unhappy 3PP players that want it fixed and unhappy 1PP players that have friends with motion sickness - see the original discussion.

• Like 4

Not really, it affects balancing, divides the playerbase and results in unhappy 3PP players that want it fixed and unhappy 1PP players that have friends with motion sickness - see the original discussion.

So because of your opinion, you decided to cheat a bit the poll?

unhappy 1PP players that have friends with motion sickness - see the original discussion.

Could not agree more. I end up playing solo on 1PP servers because all my groupies hate it even though they have never used it. urrgh

• Like 5

If you think having the hives split is the solution, vote for "I don't want a solution" because they're already doing that.

There's an other option for solutions, use it if you want. Or just say it doesn't bother you

If you think having the hives split is the solution, vote for "I don't want a solution" because they're already doing that.

There's an other option for solutions, use it if you want. Or just say it doesn't bother you

You both are comedy gold.

Well, do hide or cancel out what you want, it's your poll after all.

Edited by Ken Bean

if they implement something similar to the fourth wall mod then this whole debate is over i think it's the only true option to end this debate, so i vote for that. I like 3pp but not because i like to exploit it (in combat situations i'm pure FPS) just because when i'm roaming around it's more interesting than just my hands slapping me in the face for 10-15 minutes.

Edited by twingunz
  • Like 1

Rocket gave you separate servers after all crying and rage and now you are saying hey that's not enough I want 3D person to look like this too , that's like spitting in the face or just trolling around cuz you are bored ...

• Like 2

Ken, after talking with you for months now, I know you don't want a solution. Get over yourself man.

Please stop posting every assumption you just had out of the blue for the sake of making me look silly. Thanks.

There is a solution: separated server, separated hives.

Edited by Ken Bean

Rocket gave you separate servers after all crying and rage and now you are saying hey that's not enough I want 3D person to look like this too , that's like spitting in the face or just trolling around cuz you are bored ...

Separate servers and hives doesn't fix the problem, just sidelines it and raises other issues (pve balancing, playing with friends that are unable to play 1PP cuz of motion sickness etc). It's ok, Rocket was looking at the different camera angles option last I heard, maybe he's trolling too :)

Please stop posting every assumption you just had out of the blue for the sake of making me look silly. Thanks.

I'm foolishly trying to communicate with you.

Please explain how you not wanting any changes to third person doesn't equal not wanting a solution?

You said there's no problem. So there's no solution in your eyes.

You said nothing is broken, so there needs to be no solution....

see what I'm getting at?

Edited by bad_mojo

How about rocket make 1pp, 3d fixed and 3d normal would you be satisfied?

Doesn't matter what would satisfy the OP, this is a poll to find out what would satisfy YOU.

I'd play 3PP fixed from the 1PP perspective if that was the case, no need for separate 1PP/3PP fixed because there'd be no advantage to either, just leave the exploiters to have their own hive.

I'm foolishly trying to communicate with you.

Please explain how you not wanting any changes to third person doesn't equal not wanting a solution?

You said there's no problem. So there's no solution in your eyes.

You said nothing is broken, so there needs to be no solution....

see what I'm getting at?

Yeah I said that:

You are missing the point of that story. I know that it wasnt directly related to the topic. Thanks

btw

Do you have something with politicans? Is that ought to be a namecalling or something? It's the second time you are going strange about me being a politican. Who knows? Who cares?

3rd person is balanced btw as soon as you play on first person servers.

It's not that difficult. See, this are two different play stiles and rule sets. There are other games with different rule sets as well. E.g. one may play billard with this rules, another one with that. Problem rises if two player have no consens about the rules.

==> They either need to adopt the rules, inventing new, or playing the game separated with their own rules sets.

If you first person player would stay on your playfields, everything would be fine.

This is just common practice.

So please, do yourself a favour and stand to your own rule sets and playfields.

If you come to an 3rd person server, you have to adopt the rules on that server. - The rules are not adopting to you.

As said, common practice.

Everyone would call a soccer player an idiot who strayed somehow to a football game and then tries to force everyone under the soccer rules.

You said that:

You guys need to stop trying to "win over" Ken and just ignore his posts. He adds nothing new to this WHOLE thread, I don't even see why you guys respond to him. I'm guilty of clicking that reply button, but we just need to stop for the sake of this threads readability.

And so it went on.

You are clearly getting pissed and may think to drive me away, but I know who's looking silly and that's not me.

Btw, you are getting your own server, isn't that great?

Edited by Ken Bean

I voted "I play 3PP but think the exploit should be fixed.", but that's not entirely true. I play 1PP indoors and 3PP outdoors, especially in open areas, but I DO think the exploit should be fixed.

Camera angles gets my vote (as in, my suggestion in the other thread to pivot the camera on its axis and not about the player's head)