DMentMan

How To Fix Blurry Screen

Hello, i found a way to fix the blurry screen while playing dayz, you might get a blurry screen if you have got shot or lost a lot of blood.

Anyway, here is how to fix it: 

1. Prest "ESC" while you are in the game

2. Go to "Configure"

3. Then go to "Video"

Then it should be all good, (this does not fix the color or health) 

Hope this helps! 

(BTW when you log out in in again you will get the blurry screen, repeat the steps to remove)

Edited by DMentMan
  • Like 3

I thought the whole point of the blurry screen was as a result of getting shot/losing a lot of blood and is designed to mimic the effects of blood loss and give you a visual indicator that it has happened and you need to sort it out?

So is it a fix or an 'exploit' you describe? Not trolling you or anything or dissing what you are saying. Asking a genuine question.

I thought the whole point of the blurry screen was as a result of getting shot/losing a lot of blood and is designed to mimic the effects of blood loss and give you a visual indicator that it has happened and you need to sort it out?

So is it a fix or an 'exploit' you describe? Not trolling you or anything or dissing what you are saying. Asking a genuine question.

i don´t know what exploit means but i think the blurry screen means death, you can like see 10m and if you meet someone you will die if thay have a gun,

so i posted this tip to help some people, hopefully.

at times just logging into a server i get a blurry screen not having been hurt at these times i believe it to be a bug and doing as perscribed will remove it . I think it relates to post processing effects but that is just an educated guess lol.

• Like 1

The blurry screen isn't a glitch as most think. It's related to your "Health." You have a blood level (depicted by the color desaturation) and a health level (depicted by blurriness). You can only regen your health by having the Healing/Healthy status. There is a guy who did an extensive video explanation of the health system on YouTube.

So by doing that "trick" you are basically ignoring that you have critically low health & will die that much easier. Eat dem beans!!!

The blurry screen isn't a glitch as most think. It's related to your "Health." You have a blood level (depicted by the color desaturation) and a health level (depicted by blurriness). You can only regen your health by having the Healing/Healthy status. There is a guy who did an extensive video explanation of the health system on YouTube.

So by doing that "trick" you are basically ignoring that you have critically low health & will die that much easier. Eat dem beans!!!

not ignoring it, just helps you to see better

Hello, i found a way to fix the blurry screen while playing dayz, you might get a blurry screen if you have got shot or lost a lot of blood.

Anyway, here is how to fix it: 

1. Prest "ESC" while you are in the game

2. Go to "Configure"

3. Then go to "Video"

Then it should be all good, (this does not fix the color) 

Hope this helps! 

(BTW when you log out in in again you will get the blurry screen, repeat the steps to remove)

FFS how often does this have to be discussed?!?!?!

Blurry screen = low health!

if you go to configure -> video 

it will indeed disappear but you are still not healthy. it will create a false sense of safety.

use the search function!

There is a bug where even when healed, and with healty status, you will still get blurry screen every time you log in. I use this to fix it aswell, beans for the guide :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the fix. I've had this a few times and now I know how to get rid of it effectively if it comes back.

Beans for you.

• Like 1