conan the librarian

Suggestion - disable VOIP during gameplay

I do not like the fact that a lot of grouped bandits speak effectively silently during the game, by speaking on skype/teamspeak or any other medium that allows them to gossip out of the range of people that may be close to them. I for one am as lone wolf who does his own thing, only then to be jumped by a bunch of silent bandits who then mug me or kill me.

VOIP should be disabled during gameplay, and when walkie talkies are introduced in their fullness, that is when you can communicate long distances, but still you will need to speak in game for them to work, alerting anyone of your prescence.

Me and my bro (before he left to go to australia :() used to chat all the time just using the in game proximity chat function, as we would do in real life.

I know there is a shit ton of other things that need to be addressed, but I hope this will eventually be implemented.

Edited by conan the librarian
  • Like 3

I don't believe that DayZ should be doing background scans for programs such as teamspeak.

You even see the Devs use whatever third party chat program in their videos.

• Like 5

you suggest that a game gains sufficient access to my system to efficiently scan for all installed software, identifies which software has inbuilt VoiP functionality, and also gains sufficient priviledges to actively block such a function?

aCPTifV.jpg

• Like 11

I'm completely with OP. The telepathy link that is given by teamspeak is completely ruining immersion and I mostly think of it as an allowed cheat.

Yes it is not good to do this through active system scans. But if it is the only way this could be done, I can allow this. And I can totally allow this if the method will be open-source.

Edited by Ranadaine
  • Like 3

you suggest that a game gains sufficient access to my system to efficiently scan for all installed software, identifies which software has inbuilt VoiP functionality, and also gains sufficient priviledges to actively block such a function?

aCPTifV.jpg

Cool post bro...

By the way, what will be the point of walkie talkies?

There can be a simpler way than you describe, I'm certain of it.

Simply not allowing start up if certain programs are running - simples. No need for scanning as such, rather not operating when VOIP programs are running.

Sure. Bohemia will be absolutely allowed to scan my RAM for every communicationsoftware.

They should disable triggers for bandits; so they could not kill you poor thing :(

I guess it's up to the user how he communicates while playing. 

I could even play DayZ on a LAN with my squad and communicate face to face. 

Hearing footsteps. Scanning the area. Do you know it? 

Simply not allowing start up if certain programs are running

No need for scanning as such

Weeell.... 

• Like 2

Cool post bro...

By the way, what will be the point of walkie talkies?

There can be a simpler way than you describe, I'm certain of it.

Simply not allowing start up if certain programs are running - simples. No need for scanning as such, rather not operating when VOIP programs are running.

Communicating with new players, along with players whom you don't trust with your teamspeak information, such as steamsnipers.

The same point of direct voip currently.

Communicating with new players, along with players whom you don't trust with your teamspeak information, such as steamsnipers.

The same point of direct voip currently.

I don't really understand your post, is this your second or third language?

• Like 1

Servers host should have the option if they want to allow third party voice programs or not. 

If Third Program Party Voice Is Disallowed by the Host:

- Then all enabled microphones on one's computer will be always activated into direct voice. 

Possible ways to get around this:

Hacks

Second Computer/Cellphone

Other Communication Devices

Edited by Charles Rabbit
  • Like 1

I'm completely with OP. The telepathy link that is given by teamspeak is completely ruining immersion and I mostly think of it as an allowed cheat.

Yes it is not good to do this through active system scans. But if it is the only way this could be done, I can allow this. And I can totally allow this if the method will be open-source.

Servers host should have the option if they want to allow third party voice programs or not. 

If Third Program Party Voice Is Disallowed by the Host:

- Then all enabled microphones on the computer will be always activated into direct voice. 

To get around this, people would have to use hacks/telephone/cellphone/second computer.

qu0y.jpg

gnd2.jpg

rcqc.png

Edited by EchoZeero
  • Like 12

I don't really understand your post, is this your second or third language?

I'd say that my post was a bit more understandable than the one I quoted from you but if you truly don't understand I'll elaborate.

I don't plan to give the first person I meet my teamspeak information just so they can hop in and leech locations of other members.

I would however, give them a radio and a frequency to reach me - Thus keeping my guys from getting followed from the same type of kid who "Stream Snipes".

Nonononono. It's still a game after all. People can communicate the way they want.

• Like 1

If Private Hives, servers can make still make rules if they want to disallow third party voice, However, it almost impossible to enforce.

Edited by Charles Rabbit

Nonononono. It's still a game after all. People can communicate the way they want.

OK, I'll remember this when I KOS everyone, combat log, server hop and 3pp everything.. only a game.. chill the fuck out.

Nice one.

pzIug.gif

the only practical way to do what you suggest, would be distributing DayZ together with a locked-down operating system as a bootdisk, so that no other software can be run on the machine.

i will not even try to tell you how disconnected from reality, absurd, and outright mindboggling your suggestion is. i respect your opinion, that using any third-party tools may be an advantage of debatable fairness, may be immersion breaking, may create imbalance. i strongly disagree, but thats it. we can agree to disagree. but the approach you propose is so ridiculous, that no amount of facepalm memes will suffice to do it justice.

• Like 2

pzIug.gif

the only practical way to do what you suggest, would be distributing DayZ together with a locked-down operating system as a bootdisk, so that no other software can be run on the machine.

i will not even try to tell you how disconnected from reality, absurd, and outright mindboggling your suggestion is. i respect your opinion, that using any third-party tools may be an advantage of debatable fairness, may be immersion breaking, may create imbalance. i strongly disagree, but thats it. we can agree to disagree. but the approach you propose is so ridiculous, that no amount of facepalm memes will suffice to do it justice.

I do not think you understand how easy it would be.

While I understand the reasoning, I can only disagree. I can't understand people with the crappy ingame voice over and I am not willing to not being able to communicate with my buddies.

I do not think you understand how easy it would be.

Implement a solution then. :P

Edited by ClassifyLP